Need suggestions: 2 year old & only 3 days!

Honeybug

Earning My Ears
My husband has a business conference in Orlando in 2 weeks and my 2 year old daughter and I are going to come with him. We have bought two 4 day park hopper passes and we only have 3 days in the parks. We are planning on spending our first day entirely devoted to MK. How would you spend the other 2 days? What should we skip or what should we not miss? Thanks for your help!
Missy

We did WDW in 2.5 days. Our first day we arrived around lunch time. We checked into CR, took our bags to the room, and had a bite to eat. Then we headed to MGM since there wasnt a whole lot my 2 yr old would like. This was his first trip so we figured wed ease into things. We first did Playhouse Disney, then Muppets 3d (mistake as he was scared), the I Shrunk playset (a huge hit with him, but I was so worried hed get outside without me seeing him-so many hiding spots, etc). We met a few characters along the way, saw the parade, then headed to Fantasmic where we ate while waiting for it to start. Next day we did MK-headed right to Fantasyland after a fun ride up front on the monorail (big hit with our train fanatic son). We did Dumbo, Philharmagic (scared again-I shouldve known), Carousel (big hit), Small World (big hit), Peter Pan (we'll skip it next time), Haunted Mansion (duh-scared again and for a few months following our trip our son was afraid of the dark), the train (big hit). After a rest and lunch back at the CR, we came back to ride the Indy Cars (huge hit as he drove), then reride some of the others, watch Spectro and Wishes. Our next trip the lines should be almost nonexistent so hopefully we will do moore (Toon Town, Tea Cups, Buzz, Stitch, Jungle, etc). Our last day we split between AK (not a huge deal for us since we go to our zoo all the time) and Epcot (not much our son enjoyed here-seemed bored and slept on a few rides). Checkout morning we did Chef Mickeys (by then our son was fine with characters), then shopping at DTD before driving home.

alison

When my kids were little like that, we spent every morning at MK or AK. When MK got crowded - or after nap - we'd hop over to MGM or Epcot.

Our kids love AK and Peter Pan is their favorite ride, btw, so all kids are different.

We're bringing our 2 yo ds in December. Having brought our three year old nephew a few years ago, I now realize that its a whole different experience with a little kid. Our nephew was TERRIFIED of all rides in the beginning - so we spent a lot of time just walking around and letting him look. He really got a lot of joy out of this - it just took some adjusting on our part. His favorite thing was Mickey's toontown - I would definitely plan on spending some time there, as well as other "playgroundy" areas. I wouldn't bother spending too much time at AKL or Epcot, though in Epcot nephew LOVED all of the fountains and the garden grill character dinner was pretty good. I would definitely spend most of your time at MK and some at MGM - playhouse disney is just too age appropriate to skip. Have fun!!!

Hi Honeybug :wave2: , I just answered this question, but over on WDWmagic. Of course one of my sugestion that I thought but didn't write was "go over to www.disboards.com on the family forem. They have some great suggestions over there for families with young kids!"

AK and MGM have some good stuff not to be missed, but can be done easliy in a half day for young kids.

Epcot is great, (even with a 2 year old,) but it is hard to do it in a short amount of time.

Hope you have a great trip.

Mary (Mrs. Disney PhD)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter