Need Stroller advice for 5 yr. and 2yr. old

Drew*smom

Earning My Ears
I need stroller advice...
My family will be traveling to WDW at the end of this month. Our two children are 5 (celebrating this b-day) and almost 2 yrs. old. We don't use a double stroller at home but I will need one for the parks.

Which would work best for us? Renting at the parks or renting from a stroller co.? Pros and Cons???

Thanks in advance!

we just returned 1/31 and we rented from orlando stroller rentals----loved the orange double city mini---it has a great 1 pull folding mechanism---- and lots of under seat storage as well as back of seat pocket --- they drop off and pick up and it was about $95 for the week and you have it to take wherever you want to go----we had a 5 and 6 yr old:)

We to are going at the end of the month and we have a 6 and 2 year old. We rented from orlando stroller rentel. This is the first time we have done this. But we needed a douple stroller for our trip and we do not have one at home. A few years ago when we rented a stroller from disney we did not like it we had to wait in a long line to get our stroller then it did not seem so comfortable for our lil guy. Plus we like having a stroller for the walk to the bus.

I would definitely rent from OSR over the parks, mainly because you can leave the parks with it if you get it from OSR. It's a long walk to the bus/monorail/boat/parking lot and if you have two tired (or even asleep) kids and two tired parents it can be a life saver to be able to leave them in that stroller as long as possible. Then you'd also have it for DTD and at the resort, if you needed it there. Have fun!!

While I have never rented from Disney or the outside vendors, I would rent from an outside vendor in your situation.

The Disney strollers are hard and low to the ground and expensive to rent. Picking one up from a vendor will allow great choice and comfort for the kids at a comparable rate.

Good luck in your search!

Thank you all for the replys. We are staying in a Marriott Timeshare off property and don't really the stroller outside the park.

If I rent from OSR, what stroller do you all recommend? Sit and Stand or the side by side???

I'd rent the City Mini double from OSR or Magic Strollers. You'll have it waiting for you at your resort. I believe you get a rain cover when you rent through Magic Strollers.

the first time we went my DS's were 4 and 6, we got a single stroller and the older one sat in the back and the older one toward the front bewteen his legs. My older one didn't always ride in the stroller but 4 yo did a lot.

Thank you all for the replys. We are staying in a Marriott Timeshare off property and don't really the stroller outside the park.

If I rent from OSR, what stroller do you all recommend? Sit and Stand or the side by side???

Personally, I'd get the sit n stand for those ages, mainly because I think it's a lot easier to manouver in the parks than a side by side. I took our sit n stand when my dd was 17 months and ds 6 and again when she was 2 1/2 and he was 7. It worked great for us. My ds didn't use it a ton, but it was great to have a place for him to sit when we needed to get somewhere quickly, and especially at closing when he was tired and it was dark and crowded. He even found a way to fall asleep in it twice. I think for the ages of your kids the sit n stand would work well and would be a lot easier to navigate through the parks.

We took my kids at close to those ages and we did two umbrellas with shades. We found it much easier than the trip where we took the double we own. The umbrellas were light and easy to carry. Plus, there were parks where my 5 year old really didn't need a stroller (DHS especially). Also, it was great to split the kids up once and a while!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter