Need some Serious Pixie Dust in Booking! Calling all Experts

orrnluvswdw

Earning My Ears
Hey Everybody, I've got a dilemia here!! I didn't book ANY springbreak vacation because we've had "medical issues" around here & was told we'd not be able to travel for spring break. Ya I know, imagine that! Well, NOW we've been given a green light to go where ever we'd like to go. GUESS WHERE THAT'S GONNA BE!!! :earseek: You got that right!!

However, when I called CRO to book our spring break (March 27 departing April 1) I was told "no room available." I can only afford a moderate or value resort. But, they said NOTHING was available for this time frame anywhere. I'm sooooo sad. I'd love to be able to surprise my nephews with this vacation. We've had a bad beginning to this year so far & could have really used the short escape.

Here's my question: Where or who would you guys contact (maybe a travel company or something) to try to find us room & board, onsite of course! PLEASE, ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED! :bounce:

Don't give up trying... I have been told "no room's" and have gotten them. There are times that I call more than 3 to 5 times in one day..every day for a week... and them boom... I have a room :earsboy: :earsgirl: :bounce:

Would you consider booking a room off site "just in case" but then trying every day to get a room on site? I would call each day if not two times a day(with the 800 number of course)
I have heard they are all booked up for this time and that many of the hotels around there are also booked up.
Have you tried the hotels on hotel Plaza Blvd? I Know they are not Disney hotels but they are on site. :confused3

Keep trying.... But I would still go if that is where you really want to go... I would just get a great place off site if that's what it came down to.

That timeframe has been totally booked for weeks now...I tried to find a room for friends of mine....Your best bet would be to try off site..I did manage to find something off site for that time frame....Easter is a very busy time and i don't see that there will be very many cancelations in the next 2 weeks..

Just a thought, but have you tried looking at the DVC rent thread. There may be someone that is renting points for that time frame!!!

I just checked travelocity and they have rooms at several disney hotels - all stars for 109 and 119, the swan, gf, etc. I didn't keep checking but I am pretty sure you could get a room from there. where you hoping for a room only code or something? Is it more important to go?

I am sorry you had a rough start to your year... us too.. we are leaving for WDW on April 3 :cool1:

Thanks everybody for your ideas!! I NEVER thought about travelocity!! I looked & there are rooms available!! A gal I work with uses them to book her travel, so I'm going to call her to see how she's liked their service.

My youngest nephew is a "special needs" child - thankfully I'm a nurse & know how to deal with these issues. There's just NOTHING like Disney for a magical time for him :cool1: What a nice place to unwind & enjoy life!! :earboy2: Thanks again everybody!! I just LOVE this place :bounce:

There's always Expedia too, but I would try booking 1 day at a time, starting with any days that Disney has available and calling every few hours until additional days open up. It takes a real Disney commando to stick with this, but it works!

Warning... Travelocity and Expedia have been known to lie. They show rooms but when you get to the end of the booking it comes back that they can't confirm them!

You might also try the AAA site if you're a member. They often have something when the other sites are sold out. The only catch with them is, you don't really know if you have the room until you push the very last button and they have your credit card info, and if it's available, you're booked. But on the other hand, with AAA, if you don't like it, you can cancel it right on the website. Outside of Disney's 5 day cancellation policy of course. You can also book less than 3 days at a time with AAA, unlike Expedia.

Never Again! Booked and waited for confirmation, finally called the hotel and they laughed in my face, they were actually overbooked! Did get travelocity cancelled before they debited the amount from my card though. They apologized and basically said &$^* happens :)

a friend of mine actually just had a travelocity issue, they were all set to go on vacation to FL, not WDW (can you imagine that?!), got to the airport and tried to check their bags on the curbside checkin. The guy checking the bags looked confused, and he told my friend, there is no flight with this number.

So either my friend was sold a non existant flight or it was cancelled with no notification.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter