Need some recomendations

kozakfamily

Earning My Ears
My family and I are going on the magic sailing jan 13 2014, we're arriving a day early and staying overnight at the Hyatt at MCO, getting the transport to and from the ship and staying an additional 2 days, flying out on the 3rd day (1/19). We're going to rent a car once we get back to the airport after the cruise. I have a 3 and 1 year old. I'd love some recommendations on what to do in those 2 days following the cruise. I want to stay at a hotel near downtown Disney I think, any recommendations as to which place? And what to do on those day? I don't think my kids will be old enough to enjoy the parks, I was thinking sea world one of the days, but what about downtown Disney? Anything cool the kids will enjoy?

We did something similar two years ago and, with only two additional days, we did not really want to be rushing around to the parks only to lose the "cruise vibe" before heading home. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and skipped the rental car. We got a Happy Limo car to bring us back and had a brief grocery stop to pick up some snacks for the little room fridge. Once there the kids had so much fun they didn't even noice we weren't at the parks! We took the bus to Downtown Disney and visited (and played at) the Lego Store and other shops. On other trips we have enjoyed other activities at the Downtown Disney area including Cirque de Soleil and the Gospel Brunch at House of Blues among others. We found a lot to do at the resort (watching animals with night vision goggles, movies by the pool, marshmallow roasting, stories with animal experts, and lovely dining areas) which we often don't get to enjoy when you are always rushing to parks. We just got the Magical Express back to MCO (and we could check-in with our airline at the hotel!). It was a great end to our holiday.

Me personally? I would do the parks. I could never be that close to Disney World and not go. There's no such thing as too young for Disney World. (Says the person who took a three month old to Disney World.) The Magic Kingdom is filled to the brim with things even the littlest guests can enjoy.

rent your return car at Port Canaveral (Cocoa Beach) - you avoid all of those extra airport fees.

Port Orleans Riverside would be my choice. Take the boat to downtown disney
and enjoy the activites around the resort.:thumbsup2

Me personally? I would do the parks. I could never be that close to Disney World and not go. There's no such thing as too young for Disney World. (Says the person who took a three month old to Disney World.) The Magic Kingdom is filled to the brim with things even the littlest guests can enjoy.

Totally agree! Our kiddos were all around 1 on their first trip to WDW. MK for 2 days would be a blast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter