Need some new ideas - ADRs

PlutoTheDog89

DIS Veteran
Okay,

So my family has adopted a new policy - we cannot go to the same restaurant more than two consecutive times. For example, we went to Prime Time in 2013 and liked it so much that we returned in 2014. We tend to fall in love with places - as a result, we miss out on trying new places. Our next trip is still a while away - but our ADRs is a constant topic at the dinner table. Last night we started discussing the places we liked from our last trip and where we'd like to try.

Here's the specs of our trip - we have a Narcoossee's clause. We enjoy it so much that we plan on returning regardless. That's sort of our comfort zone. We stay at Disney 12/24 and leave 1/2, so we have a total of 9 TS points (12/24 - 1/1). We normally do Narcoossee's and plan on doing it again this year (unless someone can make a STRONG argument for somewhere else.) That leaves us with 7 TS meals.

We really like Be Our Guest and will return this year if we can get it. We also really liked Teppan Edo. I think we're gonna do this for dinner NYE. Other than that, we plan on having dessert at Beaches and Cream.

We've discussed returning to O'Hana and I'd like to do a breakfast buffet. The restaurants we have decided against are: most/all DHS spots, Coral Reef.

Any suggestions? I hear the place in Germany is very good, Cape May has mixed reviews (maybe for breakfast?) Gimme something to bring to the table tonight (literally)

We love Raglan Road.

Spice Road Table is fantastic.

The breakfast at 1900 Park Fare is good and the character interaction is fantastic. Crystal Palace is good, too.

'Ohana is good for dinner.

I second Raglan Road! We love it so much that we go even when we're just in the area and not going to WDW! I did NOT care for Biergarten ... we went last year and I loved the show (at Xmas) but didn't like the food at ALL. Cape May we also did and (coming from New England) I thought their seafood buffet was awful. Definitely go for breakfast if you insist on going.

:yay:

I agree Raglan Road is great food, huge menu, beautiful atmosphere
We LOVE Le Cellier...Love it!
O'Hana is good fun breakfast as is Tusker House. Truth be told I might like Tusker a bit more.
Teppan Edo is good food and good fun.

If your rule applies to QS too, try Flame Tree at AK the ribs and pork sandwich are really good.

Make sure to get a carrot cake cookie at HS. you will not be disappointed and it is big enough to be shared.

Yachtsman Steakhouse
Jiko
Sanaa
Flying Fish Café
Boma
Swan & Dolphin restaurants are fabulous but not on the DDP

Garden Grill in Epcot is a hidden gem for us that we just discovered this year.
The Wave is also delicious (Contemporary)

We just ate at Artist Point for the 1st time this month and it was AMAZING - best meal we've had in Disney. Also really enjoyed The Wave at the Contemporary. Boma is awesome too! I know it sounds weird, but everyone we've ever traveled with LOVES the lunch at Hollywood & Vine. They have amazing Lobster and Shrimp Mac&Cheese, great make your own pasta station, lots of good veggies sides and even a chocolate fountain for dessert. My problem with the dinner at Cape May Cafe isn't so much the food as the incredibly strong seafood smell. I love seafood and it's even too much for me! We also love Yachtsman Steakhouse (although the kids went to the Sandcastle Club for that one). Les Halles Boulangerie & Patisserie in Epcot is also a must for us on every trip. I know it's a QS, but it's just so good!

Have fun!

Boma.

And while I know it doesn't get a lot of love, I love Marakesh. There's a show during dinner and the food is different. Seems like lots of Dinsey restaraunts have very similar menus.

I've heard good things about Getmany, too, but coming from a family of Germans, I grew up with that stuff. It's not like grandma used to make, but since I grew up with similar, it's not special enough for a ts. However, I'd suggest giving it a try if it'd be somewhat exotic to you.

Love Biergarten, definitely think that's worth a try. Also fell in love with Liberty Tree Tavern last trip. And Via Napoli is also one of our must-do's at Epcot. The new restaurant at the Boardwalk Trattoria Al Forno has gotten good reviews as well.

Raglan Road - we do Christmas dinner there
Artist Pointe - great wine list, lovely room
Rose and Crowne - great for lunch, early dinner (Illuminations viewing if you can snag it)
Sanaa - nice spot for lunch or dinner, though not as "authentic" as it was several years ago

Breakfasts I like are Kona Cafe and Grand Floridian Cafe and I liked Cape May.

Lunch I likes Sanaa and Tusker House and BOG

Dinners would be BOG, grand Floridian Cafe, Ragland Rd and I loved Artist Point

I liked Biergarten and would say you should try it once

Tusker House for brunch
Kona Cafe for dinner (sushi!)
Via Napoli lunch
Cape May dinner
Raglan Road brunch
The Wave breakfast
Boma any time

Olivia's at OKW is excellent. We have dined here for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and have always had wonderful service and food. We actually have it booked twice for breakfast in June.

I second Garden Grill as unexpectedly good food. (We have not been in a few years, though!)
Hacienda de San Angel (even though it gets mixed reviews we really enjoyed it)
Rose and Crown duing Illuminations is one of our “must dos” every trip
Ohana breakfast has good character interactions and solid (but ordinary) breakfast food- not buffet but all you care to eat
Flying Fish (it is signature, so would be 2 credits)
Crystal Palace for breakfast buffet in park- or Tusker House

Here are my suggestions-

Cape May Cafe - breakfast is great and dinner was awesome when we went in 2014
Yak & Yeti - we usually never eat dinner in AK but SO glad we did last year because this was one of our favorites!
The Garden Grill - this was our most favorite meal of our trip last year! We were shocked at how wonderful and great it was! The food was perfect, the staff was great, the character interactions were some of the best and they come around more than once, and we had a nice spacious booth with great views of LWTL ride.
Via Napoli - The pizza was so so delicious and the dessert was even better - fried ricotta cheese fritters!
Hoop Dee Doo Revue - my favorite dinner show with awesome food and fun
Grand Floridian Cafe - what a hidden gem for breakfast! This has turned into my must do for breakfast each trip! Vanilla-laced french toast was so delicious! And we pay OOP to save ddp credits since it is probably the same as foodcourt prices

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter