• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need some input/advice on a L/O

TN Traveler

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone....I need some input/advice concerning a L/O. When DH and I went on our cruise in November we went on a tour to the Mayan Ruins of Tulum. It was great and I took ALOT of pictures. Probably 30 or so!! I know there is no way I can include all 30 + pictures in this album but the majority are so good I can't decide which ones to keep and which ones to cut out! :confused3 I thought I might do a 3 or 4 page L/o but would like some input from others that have been in a similiar situation. I've been on 2 Peas but can't seem to find anything that helps w/ideas. Thanks for your input and suggestions.
Karen aka TN Traveler

Have you checked out Becky Higgins sketches book (Volume One and Volume Two)? She includes sketches (and examples) on how to include a lot of pictures on one layout. Whenever I have a large grouping of pictures, I pull out one of her books. HERE is a link to one of the books.

Depending on what kind of album you use, they also make page protectors that flip open so you can include more pictures. I think they are for top loading only (that's all I've seen). That might help you get more pictures on the layout. HERE is what I found when I googled them.

I have also seen flip books included on layouts. They are folded accordian style, and you can fit more pictures on a layout that way. HERE are some ways to hide extra things on your page.

Good luck and I hoped I helped! :wave2:

Also, can you use crops of some photos rather than the whole thing? I use my square punches to punch out details from marginal photos and use the punchies as embellishments rather than stickers and stuff. for example a border of 1 inch squares down the side or something arranged similar to a patchwork surrounding the main photo (s). I have also usee the album style divided pages inserted directly after the layout pages.

Last night I pulled several issues of different scrapbook mags I've kept and found a few L/Os I think will work. LindaBabe....I think I'm going to do what you suggested. I'd like to find a 2" square punch and crop enough of the pictures to make a border on top and possibly one on the bottom of the page.
In the middle I'll put one of the post cards I bought while we were there. I also have our ticket stubs so will use them some how. Thanks for your suggestions. It's so hard for me to eliminate pictures but I have too many!!

Stehpres...thanks for your input as well. I've seen Becky Higgins work before and think she's great!

Karen :wave:

I did a two page layout of the Statue of Liberty that had almost twenty pictures on it. One was 5x7, two 4x6, a few 2x3, and the remaining were 1x2. One the left page were the smaller pictures on the bottom of us sailing toward the Statue, on the right page were the pictures of us sailing away from the Statue.

My friends teased the heck out of me for taking sooo many pictures of the Statue of Liberty, but I wanted to get just the right one (and I did), but because of their teasing I was determined to use almost all the pictures I took. Of the scrapbooking I have done, it is my favorite layout.

Good luck with your layout. I am sure it will look fabulous.

Lisa, Thanks for your suggestions on the L/O I'm stumped on. I started working on it last night and so far happy w/what I've done. I like your idea of using the smaller pictures as you ride to Ellis Island on one page and the return ferry ride on the other page. I don't have any shots like that but have several that are similar so will try to crop them to look different.

I'll keep everyone posted as to how it looks!

Thanks again!
Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter