Need some info from the experts

Labdog

Earning My Ears
OK, I am coming up on the 75 day out mark ( 7/30/13 ) put the final payment in the mail, what next ? and what do I need to know ? The wife and I will be taking our 1st cruise for our 25th anniversary and need some pointers from the DIS experts. Thanks for any info/hints you can pass along to the old Labdog

OK, I am coming up on the 75 day out mark ( 7/30/13 ) put the final payment in the mail, what next ? and what do I need to know ? The wife and I will be taking our 1st cruise for our 25th anniversary and need some pointers from the DIS experts. Thanks for any info/hints you can pass along to the old Labdog

Once the payment is applied, log on to the DCL website and start booking any special port excursions or dining experiences or spa treatments you would like to experience. Depending on the time of the year of the cruise these fill up QUICKLY at the 75 day out mark (in fact, some will already be fully booked :( ).

This is of course assuming you've booked direct and not gone through a TA.

You can also, should you choose order an "online gift" if you would like certain things set up in your stateroom, such as a romantic package with Champagne, roses, etc. You can do this here --> http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/in-room-gifts-and-shopping/

Most importantly, have fun planning your cruise activities and enjoy the anticipation.

You can still book your PAT, excursions and restaurant/spa reservations online even if you used a TA.

If there is something you really want to register for aboard remember that the registration period opens at midnight on the day it opens..you log on at 9am you may have already....wait for it....... missed the boat.

Thank you for the replies, registering at 12:01 - will I need to have our passports handy or anything else that might not be at my fingertips ?

Thank you for the replies, registering at 12:01 - will I need to have our passports handy or anything else that might not be at my fingertips ?

No, not to book Palo or excursions. You can enter passport info later when you do online check in. Even if you felt like doing online check in in the wee morning hours, it doesn't open until later that day IIRC.

Just keep in mind that whatever excursions you book online, if you decide you cancel, you have until 3 days prior to sailing. After that the tickets are printed and will be in your stateroom upon debarkation. When you board, check your tickets for accuracy. Occasionally if it's something in high demand (with a waiting list) and they can easily fill your slots, you can cancel while onboard.
I've found it's easy to cancel a Palo res. They like 24 hrs notice. We've only cancelled once and we did it shortly after boarding.

If you are unable to book a reservation for Palos online, you may still be able to book a reservation once you onboard the ship.

There are a few things you need to fill in such as passport numbers and method of payment once on board before you can get to the PAT page. Usually you can just check the easiest method to get by that screen, like 'cash' for payment method, and then go back later and change it to a credit card and fill in the number.

If you are being careful and want to fill in everything in order, you'll need a method of payment, birth certificate or passport number, how you are getting to the port (car, flight numbers, etc), addresses and phone numbers for others on your reservation.

Nancy

DCL recently changed their policy so you can do your online check-in at 12:01 a.m., same time the window opens for shore excursion booking. That's eastern daylight time.

If you don't have your passport handy, you can just fill in that you're using a birth certificate (unless you're going on a cruise that requires a passport.)

Online check-in will also ask you to list an emergency contact person; someone who's not cruising with you.

Any of your information can be updated/edited later.

When we did an online check-in last year it wouldn't accept our credit-card information because the card was due to expire a month before our cruise. I waited til we got the new card (the only change was the expiration date.) By the time I entered the new info and completed our online check-in, the only PAT's left were quite late. If I had known then what I know now, I would have just listed "paying cash" on the online check-in, then edited it when we received the new credit cards.

DCL recently changed their policy so you can do your online check-in at 12:01 a.m., same time the window opens for shore excursion booking. That's eastern daylight time.

If you don't have your passport handy, you can just fill in that you're using a birth certificate (unless you're going on a cruise that requires a passport.)

Online check-in will also ask you to list an emergency contact person; someone who's not cruising with you.

Any of your information can be updated/edited later.

When we did an online check-in last year it wouldn't accept our credit-card information because the card was due to expire a month before our cruise. I waited til we got the new card (the only change was the expiration date.) By the time I entered the new info and completed our online check-in, the only PAT's left were quite late. If I had known then what I know now, I would have just listed "paying cash" on the online check-in, then edited it when we received the new credit cards.

You can also click on cash but then give a cc # at the port. This is good to know for anyone who doesn't like to enter cc info online. I've never had an issue but I know some people don't like to.

OK, so they will want a cc that will be charged on the cruise ? When I book excursions will they be charged to that card or can I pay at the Port or on board ?

OK, so they will want a cc that will be charged on the cruise ? When I book excursions will they be charged to that card or can I pay at the Port or on board ?

Excursions are charged to your onboard account once the cruise is underway. Whatever you are backing up your onboard account with (cash, cc) that's how it gets paid for.

I don't think so but I would call ahead to ask. Traveler's checks maybe, if you feel uncomfortable carrying a lot of cash.

Thanks. Just trying to figure out the best way to back up my account. I know I'll need extra down because I want to rent a third Wave phone for my daughter. There is an additional deposit for that, I think.

Thanks. Just trying to figure out the best way to back up my account. I know I'll need extra down because I want to rent a third Wave phone for my daughter. There is an additional deposit for that, I think.

I believe it's $3.00 a day (maybe $3.50).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter