Need Some Ideas

nmudisneyfan

Palm Tree Lover
I am going to be teaching a lesson over at the local high school here next Tuesday for one of my education classes.
The teacher has given the guidelines that it needs to be about goal setting, career choices, or careers. I have 20 minutes to do this lesson, because the students are spending the rest of the hour registering for classes.
The students are freshmen.
Anyone have any creative ideas? My brain is fried from planning a Shakespeare Lesson to teach over there this Thursday.

Maybe you could start off by getting them talking about their own goals or career choices, to get them interested.

It's not really my area of expertise I'm afraid, but wanted to wish you good luck! :)

I'd recommend finding a career questionaire for the kids to work on, since you only have 20 minutes. Then, to supplement the activity, discuss the importance of education in many fields, the need to be happy with an occupation, and many people switch careers throughout their lifetime. Most freshman (and even seniors for that matter) are not thinking far ahead into their adult life since they are still developmentally immature and primarily concerned with peer acceptance; therefore, do an activity that will be appealing to them at this stage. Good luck! :Pinkbounc

I know I'm late to this discussion.... I would incorporate a way for the kids to write a 5 year plan so they can get an idea what they want to do in college, a 10 year plan so they can have an idea for those post-graduate years, and a 20 year plan so they can visualize what they will do for the rest of their lives.

Perhaps make it mini-scrapbook style with stickers or something exciting like that.

GL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter