Need some ideas for Beach vacation in July

mckinley

DIS Veteran
I am looking for some ideas on different beach to visit this summer in July. We have been to Virginia beach, myrtle beach, Daytona beach, destin/fort Walton, pensecola, panama city, st. pete/st. Petersburg. They all were nice in there own way. I do prefer a more clear water verses murky water. I also would like a place with stuff to do since we have a teenager. Any ideas?

I am looking for some ideas on different beach to visit this summer in July. We have been to Virginia beach, myrtle beach, Daytona beach, destin/fort Walton, pensecola, panama city, st. pete/st. Petersburg. They all were nice in there own way. I do prefer a more clear water verses murky water. I also would like a place with stuff to do since we have a teenager. Any ideas?

Florida:

Gulf side:
Naples
Ft Myers
Sanibel
Siesta Key
Clearwater (probably the best for a teen)

Atlantic side:
Cocoa Beach
Key West

now if Hawaii is on the table, go there

My tweens absolutely love Hilton Head but the water is more murky than clear. How about heading north to Cape Cod or Maine. The beaches in Maine are spectacular ad there are theme parks and such nearby.

The beaches in Maine are gorgeous - although I wouldn't say that the water is clear.

My vote also got to Cape Cod or Maine. The National Seashore in Cape Cod is so beautiful and there is plenty to do throughout the Cape.

Destin is beautiful with wonderful restaurants, but it is VERY crowded. My teens enjoy Clearwater, but despite the name, the water isn't as clear and pretty as it is in Destin.

Outer Banks. Chincoteague.

I was just about to suggest the Outer Banks/Nags Head area of North Carolina. Rent a beach house, get yourself some oysters & blue crabs, and just go to town! You can even do horseback rides on the beach in Corolla. And Duck Donuts are the best!

Thanks for all the ideas. Didn't realize that Maine beaches was good. I have a lot of looking to do.

Thanks for all the ideas. Didn't realize that Maine beaches was good. I have a lot of looking to do.

OP, where are you coming from?
Maine beaches are nice, but some aren't so great and overall I don't think they are worth a very very long drive. Dh and I went to one that was so bad I don't even remember the name, the water was way too cold to go in, and the beach was really rocky.

I think Cape Cod has some of the most beautiful beaches in the New England/Northeast area. We love the Truro area because you can go to the bay or the National Seashore and you aren't far from P-Town. The only downside of The Cape is the summer traffic, it can be brutal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter