Need some help

Johnnysmommy23

Earning My Ears
So I am trying to plan my sons 2nd trip to Disney...this trip it will be not only me and my son but also my mother and my aunt...both first timers! The last time we went we stayed at the Art of Animations Lion King and love it! But we are really looking for a new experience this time... I am looking for a resort with a great pool area but with the same comfort of the Art of Animation had for sleeping arrangements. We need at least 3 separate beds and that seems to be the hardest part of this right now...any suggestions?

WL has bunk rooms. The bunks seem to be larger than twin size. Maybe your mother and aunt could take the queen bed and you and your son could take the bunks. All of these beds are very comfortable.

Wilderness Lodge has a fantastic pool area with a feel as if you are in the northwest US instead of Florida!! The entire look and feel of the lodge itself is gorgeous. I know you'd enjoy a completely different perspective of disney resort.

The Wilderness Lodge is Lovely, our favourite Resort but if you need to keep costs down a bit I have no trouble Recomending Port Orleans Riverside. The extra Trundle bed ( or whatever they are calling the new and improved 3rd bed ) would work. You can of course get a roll away at any of the Moderates as well. A Cabin at Fort Wilderness is also another good choice, the campground is great

how old is your son - though i love wilderness lodge - when we bring the whole family we've gone to port orleans riverside which has two beds & a fold out - the size of a trundle bed - for kids - and theming here is just as good

My son will be 11 at the time of our trip, almost 12... I have been considering the WL...Just not sure, really wish I could find a resort with a bedroom along with the 2 separate beds like AA

partypa said:
The Wilderness Lodge is Lovely, our favourite Resort but if you need to keep costs down a bit I have no trouble Recomending Port Orleans Riverside. The extra Trundle bed ( or whatever they are calling the new and improved 3rd bed ) would work. You can of course get a roll away at any of the Moderates as well. A Cabin at Fort Wilderness is also another good choice, the campground is great

For POR and POFQ, you can no longer get rollaways, due to the addition of queen sized beds.

For POR AB, you have to book preferred in order to be guaranteed that location with 4 people. Any other booking category will be a request. But a twin sized air mattress fits nicely.

For POR and POFQ, you can no longer get rollaways, due to the addition of queen sized beds.

For POR AB, you have to book preferred in order to be guaranteed that location with 4 people. Any other booking category will be a request. But a twin sized air mattress fits nicely.
Thanks for the info and the suggestion...I don't know why I never thought of an air mattress.....great idea.

I know some people suggested WL bunk bed but I thought those were not an actual full size bed. Not sure though.

I know some people suggested WL bunk bed but I thought those were not an actual full size bed. Not sure though.

My friend's 6'1" son slept in one and he was fine. He said he thought the bed felt larger than a twin bed but I can't swear to it.
My 5' tall daughter and her 5'7" friend each slept in a bunk and they said the beds were very comfortable.

I don't know what your budget is, but the CR and Poly both have a twin sized daybed in all the rooms.

As for price range....Not looking for something as expensive as a Deluxe but it doesn't have to be the price of a value either...of course cheaper is better because it give us more money to spend in the parks.

What I am really looking for is a resort with a separate master bdrm if that is possible to find outside of AA within the same price range...

As for price range....Not looking for something as expensive as a Deluxe but it doesn't have to be the price of a value either...of course cheaper is better because it give us more money to spend in the parks.

What I am really looking for is a resort with a separate master bdrm if that is possible to find outside of AA within the same price range...

The only place you will get a separate master would be to rent points for a 1 bedroom DVC. You would also get a full kitchen and a washer/dryer, which is nice. This option would likely be just a bit more than the AoA suite, depending on the time of year and resort choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter