Need some help with Videography

disbride713

Loves Disney
I've been going back and forth with the decision to book videography since it is something very expensive to budget for. I don't want to regret not doing it though, so if anyone wants to provide some input, please help!

Lastly, anyone that did book a videographer...
1) Who did you book with?
2) Why did you choose that vendor?
3) Were you satisfied with the results?

TIA!

I've been going back and forth with the decision to book videography since it is something very expensive to budget for. I don't want to regret not doing it though, so if anyone wants to provide some input, please help!

Lastly, anyone that did book a videographer...
1) Who did you book with?
2) Why did you choose that vendor?
3) Were you satisfied with the results?

TIA!

oh my gosh, I know exactly what you're talking about as far as budgeting for videography is concerned. It was not even something I considered until friends told me, that recently got married, that it's the one thing they love most about everything; the fact that they get to see it all again!
we didnt budget for this at all but it suddenly got to the point where i had to have it. I looked at numerous different vendors and actually just booked with 829films. They had the best package for the price.
With them I am getting 8 hours of videography with two videographers and a DVD of the finished, edited product for $1000.00. They had a $250.00 deposit and the rest is due a month before our event.
I also looked into simply cinematic. Their videos are beautiful and, with them, i would have gotten 3 DVD's of the edited movie, a documentary movie (raw footage put together), and only 3 hours of videography for $1000.00. It's really expensive, so it was hard to find someone i liked while keeping the cost somewhat low. There is also STVS Video. They offer packages for as low as $650, if memory serves me right.

Essentially i decided to go with 829films, as they take beautiful videos, they are a little newer, which is why their prices have not yet skyrocketed, both Mike and Kristina are extremely nice and professional, and it fit our budget.
They do have a FB page, if you want to check them out. I actually heard about them through another disney bride, who raved about them.

Hope this helps!
good Luck

We used Trinity Wedding Video and they were awesome! Our photographer, Jason Angelini, recommended them to us and they were wonderful to work with and really lovely people.
This is our sneak peek that they created for us the day after the wedding, if you want to take a look:
http://www.weddingfilmblog.com/archives/537

They have their packages on their website and they can customise them for you also. In my opinion they were worth every penny :)
http://www.trinityweddingcinema.com/

Good luck in your search! :)

I know the prices are steep. But... I have been married almost 30 years, It was very new (as far as professional, and very few people did it) The only option we had was to have a family member do it, and the priest said if that person (whom he knew) began to take the limelight away from the wedding, he would stop and ask them to sit down. YIKES! :eek: Can you imagine? we opted not to have it video taped. I regret it to this day. We had a few funny things happen, that no one else noticed, but I am sure the video would have picked up. I wish I had those for prosperity. Do it. Maybe a few guests (close family or friends) could pitch in & give it to you for a gift. I usually pay for my nephews/nieces when they get married. That is our gift to them. (we do know a videographer who gives us a great deal though). I have had a couple nephews tell me they didn't want it. I'm sure there are those who would prefer not to have their drunk cousin on video (although, I assume most of that would be edited out, but people don't always realize that).
Hopefully, you will be able to have it done.

Side note: A friend of ours had it done (In the old days with actual video not dvd). He got divorced, threw a party and .... played the video backwards!! :rotfl2: I thought that was hysterical. Not that I think or wish any of you would have that need.

Hello! We got married back in March and we chose to have a videographer. So far we've just rec'd the teaser/trailer (yesterday in fact) and we ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT :goodvibes We'll be receiving the actual "movie" and edited cuts later this week. Here's a link for the trailer if you'd like to see it https://vimeo.com/48774188

We went with Starfruit Productions b/c we loved every video that we saw of hers. Then when speaking w/ her to book she was just so sweet and patient with us (we had lots of questions :rotfl2: ). We booked her for 10 hrs and she even showed up earlier to get a few more minutes of the getting ready process. She was just wonderful to work with and I cannot express enough how great she was. Plus, seeing our pictures was great but seeing clips from the video invoked so many more emotions. I would definitely recommend doing videography!

We're using Shutter Life Productions. They are FABULOUS! A couple months ago Derrick and I won a free engagement shoot, and Shutter Life ended up coming along to shoot a free Love Story video for us. Needless to say, the video turned out amazing, and we quickly decided to book them! Their prices are a little high (we're paying $1400), but their quality of work is simply amazing. Plus, they have been SO great to work with!

We used Trinity Wedding Video and they were awesome! Our photographer, Jason Angelini, recommended them to us and they were wonderful to work with and really lovely people.
This is our sneak peek that they created for us the day after the wedding, if you want to take a look:
http://www.weddingfilmblog.com/archives/537

They have their packages on their website and they can customise them for you also. In my opinion they were worth every penny :)
http://www.trinityweddingcinema.com/

Good luck in your search! :)

Your husband made me cry! He seems so sweet. I love that he read it off of his iPad... that's totally something my DF would do.

Your husband made me cry! He seems so sweet. I love that he read it off of his iPad... that's totally something my DF would do.

Aww, thank you! His speech did make me cry! :) He's a big technology fan so I wasn't surprised when he read from the iPad! Lol!

Thank you everyone for your input, feedback and sharing links to your videos - which we're amazing! I definitely want to a video now after all of the great feedback :)

Anyone use STVS recently and have any feedback or a link to your video you wish to share? TIA

Side note: A friend of ours had it done (In the old days with actual video not dvd). He got divorced, threw a party and .... played the video backwards!! :rotfl2: I thought that was hysterical. Not that I think or wish any of you would have that need.

P.S. This was funny, not that I ever wish that upon anyone, but very creative on his part!

I just found this thread and thought I'd offer some advice. My hubby and I are wedding cinematographers in Louisiana. I know most brides are on the fence on whether or not to have a wedding film. They usually leave it out of their budget and if they have any funds left they consider a video. Most of the time they think its going to be a boring traditional video which they are going to fast forward through most of (IMHO that's pretty much what your raw footage is). With raw footage you get to see a lot more of what happened that day but you will probably watch it once maybe twice. The actual wedding film is what you will want to watch over and over again. If done right it should be a beautiful and compelling piece of work. And keep in mind your wedding is a live event. So as nice as pictures are you can't hear anything or relive the day quite in the same way as you can with a film.

If you have any questions I can help with I'd be happy too!!!

I just found this thread and thought I'd offer some advice. My hubby and I are wedding cinematographers in Louisiana. I know most brides are on the fence on whether or not to have a wedding film. They usually leave it out of their budget and if they have any funds left they consider a video. Most of the time they think its going to be a boring traditional video which they are going to fast forward through most of (IMHO that's pretty much what your raw footage is). With raw footage you get to see a lot more of what happened that day but you will probably watch it once maybe twice. The actual wedding film is what you will want to watch over and over again. If done right it should be a beautiful and compelling piece of work. And keep in mind your wedding is a live event. So as nice as pictures are you can't hear anything or relive the day quite in the same way as you can with a film.

If you have any questions I can help with I'd be happy too!!!

Thanks for the input, very appreciated. When you say wedding film, do you mean the videos I've been seeing recently that resemble a movie trailer?

Yep, that's it. Take a look at our blog at terringtonfilms.com and you can see some of our trailers. If you have any questions I'm happy to help!

Thanks! We do travel and would LOVE an opportunity to film a DFTW!!!! If you are interested PM me your wedding details and let's see what we can do!:tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter