Need some help re annual passport/how many needed/disabled

ScottishThistle

Mouseketeer
Hi there, I wonder if someone would be able to give me a little bit of help as my brain is hurting trying to work out what to do for the best!

When we go to DLP, we usually just purchase a package. However, in April, we're going to be popping over for just 1 night (2 days in the parks) so we've started thinking about Annual Passports. We'd expect to be going back in October, maybe December (outwith the blackout period), Feb and April again so it would be well worth it.

We're a family of 4 - two adults, a 4 year old and a disabled 9 year old. Our plan was to buy tickets at the gate when we get there in April as our disabled son will get the 10% discount and one of us will go free as a carer (we don't usually take advantage of this as we go as a package). The plan would be to buy Fantasy Passports but can't decide if all 4 of us would need them. I've been having a read and it seems that if Cameron (our disabled child) gets an Annual Passport, one of us would still get in free as his carer each time we'd visit. So, that's one adult who wouldn't need an AP. I've also been reading that the best way to book is usually book one adult as a package then add the additional guests as room only.

So, (I really hope I'm not confusing you!) could we buy both children Annual Passports, I'd always go free as Cameron's carer and my husband could do without the AP and just book the package as a single adult? Would we need both children to have one or is there pretty much always an under 7 free offer on (can't remember ever booking and there not being such an offer on)? If that's the case, Cameron could get the AP, I'd be his free carer, my husband would book the room & tickets package and include our 4 year old as the free child.

I really hope I haven't lost you - my brain feels like it's about to explode!!

Thank you in advance x

I can totally see what you're getting at :).
Kids usually are free under 7 (I think, its been a while since mine was under 7), so your last option would seem to be the one which gives you the best deal.
Remember though that with your husand booking a package for him and the under-7, he'll pay an under-occupancy price (but it will still be cheaper than 2 adults and an under-7 on the package).

Thank you! I'm glad my mushy brain didn't rub off on you ;)

I think that's going to be the best way but I'll have a look at a few other permutations and see what works out best.

we have annual passes. We asked about the free carer if we have them as we have a disabled son, and were told it didn't apply with annual pass, but in all honesty some of these things seem to depend on who you speak to and when. I have a Fantasy pass which gets the discount on shops, restaurant, and most importantly for us, free parking for the campervan, and we got Francillian passes for the rest, as we can work round the blackout days.

I'd be really interested to hear what you get told about the carer pass as we need to renew in a few months.

I emailed DLP to ask them about how the AP works for disabled guests and carers and this was the response I had:

Dear Mrs A,

Thank you for your recent e-mail requesting information concerning Disneyland® Paris.

Your son could have 10% discount on the Annual Passeports, and the carer will be free, by presenting your child's disability card or one of the following documents:
European disabled parking badge or medical certificate issued less than 3 months ago signed and stamped by the doctor, certifying the disability and stating whether or not they need to be accompanied by a third party in order to get around.

we recommend you to visit City Hall in Disneyland Park or Studio Services in Walt Disney Studios.
A Disney Cast Member will advise you on access to attractions and will provide you with an Easy Access Card id required.

The Easy Access Card allows you to access certain attractions via entrances that have been specially adapted. However, it does not give you priority access to attractions ( it depends on the persons before with the same Easy Card. This card is only given to our disabled guests ) Do not forget to show one of the documents above mentioned.

We thank you for interest in Disneyland Resort Paris and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

Sabrina B

The email address I used was: DLP.CRO.SPECIAL.NEEDS@disney.com I'll be sure to take a print out of the email with me incase they claim otherwise.

Thanks for that -we'll give a go when we renew. I nearly renewed early as we were there this week, but we just never got there, and we are planning to go back the day they run out anyway, so glad I didn't!

I emailed DLP to ask them about how the AP works for disabled guests and carers and this was the response I had:

Dear Mrs A,

Thank you for your recent e-mail requesting information concerning Disneyland® Paris.

Your son could have 10% discount on the Annual Passeports, and the carer will be free, by presenting your child's disability card or one of the following documents:
European disabled parking badge or medical certificate issued less than 3 months ago signed and stamped by the doctor, certifying the disability and stating whether or not they need to be accompanied by a third party in order to get around.

we recommend you to visit City Hall in Disneyland Park or Studio Services in Walt Disney Studios.
A Disney Cast Member will advise you on access to attractions and will provide you with an Easy Access Card id required.

The Easy Access Card allows you to access certain attractions via entrances that have been specially adapted. However, it does not give you priority access to attractions ( it depends on the persons before with the same Easy Card. This card is only given to our disabled guests ) Do not forget to show one of the documents above mentioned.

We thank you for interest in Disneyland Resort Paris and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

Sabrina B

The email address I used was: DLP.CRO.SPECIAL.NEEDS@disney.com I'll be sure to take a print out of the email with me incase they claim otherwise.

Sorry to bump up such an old thread but does anyone know f the above still stands?

Sorry to bump up such an old thread but does anyone know f the above still stands?

One carer goes free and there is a reduction of the price of the disabled person ticket. The Easy Acces pass and the Disabled pass have been changed but I'm not 100% sure of the in and outs

Have a look at this page

http://visit.disneylandparis.co.uk/disabled-visitors/disabled-visitors-general-information.xhtml

and there's a guide that you can download that explains the different acces cards and gives lots of info on the park

http://www.disneylandparis.com/BROCHURE/handicap/uk/catalogue/index.htm

You can also send an email to guest relations with any enquires that you might have as I don't know the other email adress is still in use

dlp.guest.communication@disney.com or dlp.communication.visiteurs@disney.com

hth :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter