• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need some help please

Andrea

DIS Veteran<br><font color=<009977>I couldnt decid
hey guys me again...

just have a quick question we are going in june 2006 again we know we are stayng on one of the site hotels problery animal kingdom or the wilderness lodge

but my question is

we are not doing disney world this time :(

we want to go to epcot, mgm studios and animal kingdom
is it better for us to pay for each one seperate ? (just my hubby and i no kids)

or is there something we can buy for all 3

also is animal kingdom worth it ? my sister in law went last year and hated it ( but she doesnt love animals like i do) i loved loved loved sea world and she thought it was just ok

oh another thing is i am trying to talk my hubby into going to one of the water parks either typhon lagoon or blizzard beach.. which one is better ? is one more "kiddie" then the other ? I am not sure if i can talk him into going.. we live close to white water park and he hates going there, in fact he wont even go back there

Guess what? You ARE doing Disney World! It sounds like you're not doing the Magic Kingdom. ;)

cleo is right. All four parks make up Walt Disney World. Magic Kingdom sounds like the park you are going to skip this time. If you love Sea World, I think you will enjoy Animal Kingdom. Different types of animals than Sea World, though. I would look into park hoppers so that you can go to a different park if you're not thrilled with Animal Kingdom.

All four of the theme parks use the same ticket media, which are sold in increments of days with several available options. You can generally purchase passes for anywhere from 1 to 10 days, which will allow you access to one of the 4 Disney theme parks (which include Magic Kingdom, Epcot Center, Disney-MGM Studios, and Animal Kingdom) for each of those days.

For an additional fee, you may add the following options: (1) the capability to "hop" between multiple parks on any given day; (2) a certain number of days access to the water parks, Disney Quest, Pleasure Island or the sports complex; and (3) the ability to make unused park days never expire.

There are a lot of considerations you need to make when deciding on the type of ticket to purchase, so it would be best if you think about the following:

1. How many days will you be spending at the Disney theme parks (which include Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, and Animal Kingdom)?

2. Will you want to go to more than one of the above parks in any one day?

3. Will you ever be returning to Walt Disney World after this trip?

4. Do you think you will want to go to the water parks or to Disney Quest?

You asked about the water parks and, while I think the water parks at WDW are pretty unique, if your husband really doesn't like them then you may not want to purchase the "Water Park Fun & More" option on the Magic Your Way passes unless your husband is a huge fan of arcades/virtual reality rides (which is what Disney Quest is all about).

Generally speaking, the more base days that you purchase, the lower your average per-day cost will be. This is why you need to think about whether you'll ever return, because the most cost efficient combination of options for you might be to purchase more days than you plan on using in one trip and adding the no expiration option.

For a much broader and fuller explanation and to answer any other questions you may have, please click on the following link.

http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/ticket.htm

cleo said:
Guess what? You ARE doing Disney World! It sounds like you're not doing the Magic Kingdom. ;)

lol that's what i meant lol :cheer2:

so basically unlike when we went to US and Seaworld... we just buy "days" instead of tickets for mgm, and the others ?

Andrea said:
so basically unlike when we went to US and Seaworld... we just buy "days" instead of tickets for mgm, and the others ?

Yes, though if you buy a multi-day ticket, you cannot use it to go to two parks on the same day. It might be worth buying the Park Hopper option so that if you are done with one park, you can hop to another on the same day. For example, if your family decides that MGM isn't an all-day thing, you could catch a bus over to Magic Kingdom to do some favorite things for the rest of the day.

is it better to buy online or when you get there ? can you even buy the tickets when you get to the gate ?

Since the tickets are non-refundable, I don't see much of an advantage of buying the tickets online, especially this far in advance. If some tragedy happens, you will have already spent money on the tickets, but you will still be able to use the tickets for future dates. Since you'll be visiting during the peak summer season, I would not recommend buying them at the park the morning you plan on attending. On the day you arrive, you can easily purchase tickets at your resort, Downtown Disney, at the Ticket & Transportation Center, or at any of the Disney parks.

oh we wouldnt buy them now anyways!!! last june we didnt have a problem at seaworld, and unversiel when we went to the gate at those places... but if i could just buy them at the hotel.. we will do that

You might want to consider the hopper pass, as others have said, you can go to another park if you don't care for one, and by the way, Animal Kingdom closes early (latest 7pm) every night of the year.....so then you would have the option of going to EPCOT or one of the others! AAA club, if you're a member, has discounted tickets you can purchase through them.

awsome thank you guys... i just watch something on the travel change that came on at 7pm about christmas in disney it was awsome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter