Need some help - OKW question

Main Street Matilda

Mouseketeer
It's our first time staying at OKW and we encountered an unexpected issue. For our December trip, my mother is with us and she fell a couple of months ago and is having trouble walking. We have a room reserved near the Hospitality House, but I'm now concerned about her getting around - to the pool, to the bus, to the restaurant, etc.

Although we are renting a wheelchair, she still will want to walk when she can. Does anyone have a recommendation for a building request near the Hospitality House? She can do stairs, slowly, but I just know my tough-as-nails mom won't let us take the wheelchair everywhere.

Thanks!

It's our first time staying at OKW and we encountered an unexpected issue. For our December trip, my mother is with us and she fell a couple of months ago and is having trouble walking. We have a room reserved near the Hospitality House, but I'm now concerned about her getting around - to the pool, to the bus, to the restaurant, etc.

Although we are renting a wheelchair, she still will want to walk when she can. Does anyone have a recommendation for a building request near the Hospitality House? She can do stairs, slowly, but I just know my tough-as-nails mom won't let us take the wheelchair everywhere.

Thanks!

All the buildings near hospitality house are a good choice, the furthest are bldgs 23-26

Sounds like you know it, but WDW is all about walking. We're OKW members and we like to stay in bldgs 53-56 at the end of Peninsular Road because it's so far away and close to the quiet pool.

I'd say buildings 62-63 or 11-14.

I've got real walking issues also, but we've never reserved a HH room. We always ask for buildings 15, 16, 17, or 18 and have found those to be as close as some of the HH buildings.

I would suggest that you request a first floor villa and indicate it is because of mobility issues. My husband uses a scooter and I always make this request and have never had a problem. We stayed in building 13 near the HH last year and it was very convenient.

Sounds like you know it, but WDW is all about walking. We're OKW members and we like to stay in bldgs 53-56 at the end of Peninsular Road because it's so far away and close to the quiet pool.

I'd say buildings 62-63 or 11-14.

62 and 63 are not HHA buildings. Only 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 25 and 26. The four teens would be right across from the HH. The four twenties would be right across the bridge from HH.

It looks like building 26 is a good combination of being close to the bus stop and the pool. Any thoughts on that? I think the teens buildings may be noisy and I would prefer to avoid that.

It looks like building 26 is a good combination of being close to the bus stop and the pool. Any thoughts on that? I think the teens buildings may be noisy and I would prefer to avoid that.

The teen buildings week have stayed in were not noisy, but then we weren't in the units whose balconies backed up to the entrance. We were in building 14 a couple of times, but on the back side, and had no issue with noise. 13, 12, and 11 should be fairly quiet too.

The teen buildings week have stayed in were not noisy, but then we weren't in the units whose balconies backed up to the entrance. We were in building 14 a couple of times, but on the back side, and had no issue with noise. 13, 12, and 11 should be fairly quiet too.

Ditto! :thumbsup2

I agree with all the room suggestions and would like to add one thing. My mom also had an injury a few years back and as far as the parks go ... a scooter is a much better choice. She felt better about us not "pushing" her everywhere and felt a wee bit more in control. Also, her cane hooked right on the back and she could park and walk whenever she was up to it.
Have a fantastic trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter