Need some help getting an image

java

<font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B
My 9 year old has been drawing a lot lately. And I am loving his disney inspired characters. I would love to make shirts out of his designs but was wondering if there was a better option than just iron on transfer? Any other ideas? Anyplace online that does something more permanent? Vs. iron on?

I wish I had a definitive answer for you but my very first thought is an iron on of it.
I would want to keep the original so I could scrapbook it..

Sorry I was of no more help. Hopefully someone who has done something similar will give you a better response.

I've seen where (and I don't know how you would get the image on the shirt) a child's drawing has been embroidered on a shirt. I'm sitting here trying to think of different ways to get the image transferred but I'm drawing a blank. Sorry :)

Thanks for the ideas. I'm still thinking. Maybe I will let him draw on the shirt with fabric markers? It won't be as easy for him but I think it might last longer.

I did something several years ago where the kids drew something for their dad on paper, then I scanned it and printed it as iron ons for a shirt for him. Iron ons don't last indefinitely, as you said, but I still have the scans bright and fresh, so could print them out anytime.

What about scanning bunch of them and then building a photobook, like the ones you can get from shutterfly?

You could scan in the image and there are some sites that will just print the image you upload on shirts I can't remember the names right now if I do I'll post them.

yes, if you go to zazzle or cafepress, you can take an image and have it printed on a shirt. You could also take it to a local screenprinter if you live in a large metropolitan area. I have seen entry level screenprinting sets that you may be able to do it with, but I don't have more details on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter