Need some help deciding on our MUST HAVES!

Amy Stew

Earning My Ears
I haven't been to Disney World since 2005. Sad Sad. I have been way too many times to count during my childhood. <3 Love being from Florida!

Anyways, this will be our 5th anniversary trip to Disney in Nov and my husband hasn't been back since he was about 8 and has hardly any input on the food side. He know's it will all be amazing. We also are without children this trip. It was all in the "plan"

When I was still in middle school and high school we would frequent disney and always did the Cape May Buffet at night! I think this would be a great one to do on the night of our anniversary, but I am scared it may not be as great as I remember.

Does it still have the buckets of clams? Other thing I want to know is how many non seafood options my husband will have. He will eat shrimp, crab, but he wants some hearty man food. lol I only ate seafood. <3

I need to pick a dinner res for Epcot. We will be there for the food and wine fest and I am clueless. I should probably call my Uncle who lives down there and ask what all that's about.
What country is your fave?
I remember not digging Germany so much. England looks like it would be good and my mom said China was awesome back then. We aren't super picky. We would probably stay away from Morraco just because it doesn't look all that good.

Hollywood Studios (forever gonna say MGM):confused3
Sci-fi? My parent used to HATE MGM we would go in and out but now it looks like a lot of fun. We never ate there, so what do you recommend?
That day we may also go back to MK, so we could also eat there?

I have plenty of ideas for MK...but I wanna know what your favorite would have to be! :D I'm talking counter service and sit down. We will probably zip through Animal Kingdom and do our 4th day back at MK!

Thanks for your help. I have always loved reading this board! :love:

I would try Italy, Via Nappoli was fantastic. I was not crazy about Rose and Crown (England).

I haven't been to Disney World since 2005. Sad Sad. I have been way too many times to count during my childhood. <3 Love being from Florida!

Anyways, this will be our 5th anniversary trip to Disney in Nov and my husband hasn't been back since he was about 8 and has hardly any input on the food side. He know's it will all be amazing. We also are without children this trip. It was all in the "plan"

When I was still in middle school and high school we would frequent disney and always did the Cape May Buffet at night! I think this would be a great one to do on the night of our anniversary, but I am scared it may not be as great as I remember.

Does it still have the buckets of clams? Other thing I want to know is how many non seafood options my husband will have. He will eat shrimp, crab, but he wants some hearty man food. lol I only ate seafood. <3

Mounds of clams are still on the buffet. There are plenty of non-seafood items (I'm someone who doesn't like seafood and ended up really liking Cape May). Plus, don't forget to try the Oreo bon-bons for dessert. :thumbsup2

I need to pick a dinner res for Epcot. We will be there for the food and wine fest and I am clueless. I should probably call my Uncle who lives down there and ask what all that's about.
What country is your fave?
I remember not digging Germany so much. England looks like it would be good and my mom said China was awesome back then. We aren't super picky. We would probably stay away from Morraco just because it doesn't look all that good.
Le Cellier (Canada) is my personal fave. Tokyo Dining and Teppan Edo (Japan) both get good reviews, so do both TS restaurants in the Mexican pavillion. Rose and Crown gets more mixed reviews, people either love it or don't like it much.

Don't be scared to venture out to the Epcot resorts either, LOTS of good choices to be had there. Check out the menus on AllEars be sure to look up Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin.

Hollywood Studios (forever gonna say MGM):confused3
Sci-fi? My parent used to HATE MGM we would go in and out but now it looks like a lot of fun. We never ate there, so what do you recommend?
That day we may also go back to MK, so we could also eat there?

I've eaten at 50s Prime Time Cafe and Sci-Fi Dine-In. Haven't tried Hollywood Brown Derby (it's a signature and on my to-do list). Basically my breakdown of 50s PTC vs. Sci-Fi is this: 50s has better food and Sci-Fi has the cooler atmosphere. 50s PTC is a 50s diner type place, where the wait staff has a particular schitick and they serve really yummy homestyle food. Sci-Fi is a restaurant built to look like a drive-in theater (you actually sit in cars and there's a big screen with old "B" movie clips playing).

Can't go wrong with either, I give the slight edge to 50s PTC though.

I have plenty of ideas for MK...but I wanna know what your favorite would have to be! :D I'm talking counter service and sit down. We will probably zip through Animal Kingdom and do our 4th day back at MK!

Thanks for your help. I have always loved reading this board! :love:
For CS I love Columbia Harbor House (it has some variety on the menu including a lobster roll, tuna fish sandwich and fried shrimp).

For TS, I've only ever eaten at Crystal Palace for breakfast and it was awesome. I tend to go to the MK-area resorts (on the monorail loop) for either lunch or dinner on my MK days. 'Ohana at Poly is amazing (as is Kona). Citricos and Narcoosees at GF are equally good, as is California Grill at the Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter