Need some Ebay advice ASAP!

Jessd

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Goes into NASCAR mo
Hi.

I sold my iphone the other day on Ebay. The person who won has a confirmed paypal US shipping address, they live in the US, but a non-US paypal account.

i have checked the feedback, the user has 60 positive feedbacks, no negatives and checking the feedback, they have purchased two other iphones and received positive feedback from the sellers.

Do you think it is safe? My paypal account currently blocks non us accounts. I was just a little leery,you never know these days.

What do you guys think?

Feedback for buyers on eBay is always positive, sellers cannot post a negative on a buyer, which bugs me BIG time.:mad:

Feedback for buyers on eBay is always positive, sellers cannot post a negative on a buyer, which bugs me BIG time.:mad:

Do you think it is something to be suspicous of? What should I do?

I'm new to eBay selling, and also indicate USA buyers only, so forgive my ignorance, but what is the red flag for suspicion?
What are you suspicous of? Because they are from outside the USA?
Or because they've bought other iphones?

Are you thinking terrorists? Only thing I can think you are worried about.
What country are they from?

I'm new to eBay selling, and also indicate USA buyers only, so forgive my ignorance, but what is the red flag for suspicion?
What are you suspicous of? Because they are from outside the USA?
Or because they've bought other iphones?

Are you thinking terrorists? Only thing I can think you are worried about.
What country are they from?

I have been on Ebay for a while and if it was a lower priced item I wouldn't be worried about it. But the phone went for almost $200, I know I can prove they got it with delivery and signature confirmation but I don't want them to turn around and say there is something wrong with it. From what I hear, Paypal and Ebay tend to side with the buyer. I just want to cover all my bases, i don't want to be out the money and the phone. Just trying to be cautious.

I have been on Ebay for a while and if it was a lower priced item I wouldn't be worried about it. But the phone went for almost $200, I know I can prove they got it with delivery and signature confirmation but I don't want them to turn around and say there is something wrong with it. From what I hear, Paypal and Ebay tend to side with the buyer. I just want to cover all my bases, i don't want to be out the money and the phone. Just trying to be cautious.

ok, again because I'm new at this, but couldn't a USA buyer do the same? Just trying to learn.

I was only restricting to USA buyers so I wouldn't have to deal with shipping & customs.

Hi there Jessd:)
It could be my situation I spend large chunks of time with my fiance in California but im from Ottawa thus i have a Non Us paypal account. Most buyers are cool as long as i pay (and its converted to American from Canadian) and they ship to my fiance's house in Cali no problem:)

It could be a situation like that?

The buyer's Ebay info says they are from Kharkov, Ukraine, that is what threw me off. You always hear about scams from far away like that.

Do you think it is safe?

Jess, I would follow my gut and not finish the transaction. I would contact the buyer and let her know you only deal with US buyers and apologize. Check with eBay about their policies and how to follow through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter