Need some DVC tour info

PrincessJen09

DIS Veteran
Hi. My family was considering going on one of the DVC tours on our next vacation in December, but I had a few questions.

First, I have been reading that some people have been getting $50 or $100 gift cards for completing the tour. Is that per person or for the whole group? I was wondering because part of our group wanted to go to Universal, so if it is just per party, then they wouldn't have to attend.

Second, do you get the fastpasses and the gift card? Again, asking so I know if our whole party has to go.

Third, we are most interested in the BCV and we will be staying at the Yacht Club. Would we be able to tour those or do we have to go to one of the other resorts?

Thanks so much for all of your help.

Hi. My family was considering going on one of the DVC tours on our next vacation in December, but I had a few questions.

First, I have been reading that some people have been getting $50 or $100 gift cards for completing the tour. Is that per person or for the whole group? I was wondering because part of our group wanted to go to Universal, so if it is just per party, then they wouldn't have to attend.

Second, do you get the fastpasses and the gift card? Again, asking so I know if our whole party has to go.

Third, we are most interested in the BCV and we will be staying at the Yacht Club. Would we be able to tour those or do we have to go to one of the other resorts?

Thanks so much for all of your help.

I don't know about the gift cards (because this is the first I have heard that) but you will get the fast passes for each person there. We went to a member event tour while we were there in September and the tour was very fun. I also want to mention some times there are Open Houses. We were at Boardwalk one night of our September stay and there happened to be a Open House so we just walked right in and got to tour the villas which was fun then while we were there we mentioned we own at BLT but have never toured it so they called to see if the member event was full and it was not so we went the next day to that which was fun. There was four of us there so we got 4 fast passes. They are good for 4 days which is nice. We already have a guide so I felt a little off talking to another guide (because we like our guide so much and would recommend him to ANYONE) while we were there but if you do not have one they have guides there to answer your questions.

The DVC Sales Center is at Saratoga Springs Resort. There are models there of AKV and BLT. They might also be doing tours at BLT now, but I am not sure of that. There is also still a model at the Boardwalk Villas. There is no model at BCV (and Yacht Club doesn't have a DVC component).

For other resorts, you can ask at the resort to see a room, but it is up to the management whether they will let you or not.

As for freebies, it is hit or miss. We got nothing when we toured. Others have gotten gift cards, others have gotten FPs. I believe the gift cards have been one per person that I've read, FPs might have been 4 FPs for each person. But there's no counting on that. As I said, we received nothing when we toured. It all depends on what they are giving at the time, how much they might feel they need to sweeten the pot for you, etc. At the Sales Center, you will get free ice cream and free child care while you are there. I wouldn't plan on anything else myself.

In September 2010, We received a $50 gift card a piece ($100 Total0 for the tour. The ask us about getting fast passes, but I told them my husband and I do not do rides is there anything else we can get, Then the guy told us about the gift cards. I think it is only for the grownups who will actually buu into DVC. So the kids may not get a gift cards but the adults may.

Dawn

We received $3O gift cards when we bought so it's not consistent. Your tour will be at BLT or Saratoga. You can ask to see something at BCV, but most likely you will need to attend the formal presentation there.

DF and I were there last weekend and went to one of the standard presentations at SSR. We were originally told we could each get either the fastpass or a $15 gift card. But then our guide gave us fastpasses, but it was our last day at the parks, so he swapped it out for the $15 gift cards and said he'd make sure we got the fastpasses next time we're there.

If your group really doesn't mind taking time away from other things they might like to be doing then do it but it is hard to say if you will get same things others here may have posted or different stuff or maybe even nothing at all so just keep in mind some possible goodies are not guaranteed.

In August we attended the BLT event; we reserved day before, it took place at 1pm with light lunch/refreshments served and everyone received a fastpass card good for 3 FPs; 2 or 3 gift cards were awarded to lucky trivia game & drawing winners only. Even if we didn't get refreshments, etc that would have been fine by us because either way we wanted to tour BLT/see Top of World Lounge/find out latest incentives for adding more points and we didn't mind giving up some park time to do this. jmho, think on it just as an opportunity to tour.

Have a great time in December :goodvibes

when I went on my tour they gave us the option of a $30 gift card (there were two of us, so they gave us two $15 cards) or the fast passes. Crowds were low so we went with the gift cards. Then when we decided to buy they brought us back another day to sign paperwork and they gave us each an instant fast pass card (with 4 passes each) that spit out instant passes. (also when the TSMM ride had given out all the fast passes for the day you could still use the DVC pass card to get an instant fast pass).

I'll confirm some of the things posted here. The 2 times we've done tours we could have received $15 gift cards per person (including the kids) or pack of 4 fast passes per person. We've toured BLT models at BLT, and AKV and SSR models at SSR. In August we attended Welcome Home Wednesday on the Boardwalk, and they also had the Boardwalk models open for tour. But we just walked thru there without speaking to a guide, so didn't receive anything.

I'll confirm some of the things posted here. The 2 times we've done tours we could have received $15 gift cards per person (including the kids) or pack of 4 fast passes per person. We've toured BLT models at BLT, and AKV and SSR models at SSR. In August we attended Welcome Home Wednesday on the Boardwalk, and they also had the Boardwalk models open for tour. But we just walked thru there without speaking to a guide, so didn't receive anything.

Ditto- we did a tour this past Thursday, and recieved $15 cards per person (there are 6 in our family). However, I wouldn't always count on it and look at it as a perk, and only do the tour if you really are interested, and not for the perk. They do take a lot of time (we were there for 2.5 hours), although they are very enjoyable!
Good luck!

What do you have to do to take the tour? Is it something you just show up for or do you make reservations, if so when and were?

What do you have to do to take the tour? Is it something you just show up for or do you make reservations, if so when and were?

Stop at any of the NUMEROUS DVC kiosks at the parks or resort lobbies and they will make the arrangements for you.

In January 2009 and in January 2010 I had a DVC leaflet in my normal resort room at the Poly and AKL which said that if I would sign up for a DVC tour, I would get a $100 gift card. So I think it might be a question of having that brochure. I did not take the tour then because I wasn't considering buying at that time...

We just did the tour last week and my husband and I were each given a $50 gift card. When we were speaking to the guy at the kiosk in Epcot (America), he told us then we'd get $100 if we went. He said we were supposed to have the brochure from the room with us, but he understood why we didn't since we were already in the park and had not planned on touring DVC.

We were picked up in the back part of America in the WS and driven to Saratoga. We saw models of BLT and AKL. We were given the option to be driven back wherever we wanted to go, and we went back to Epcot. That part was cool because we got a "behind the scenes" look.

We did not sign up for DVC at that time to get the gift cards (we're now buying through resale). However, when we got back to Epcot, the same guy that signed us up for the tour was talking to another couple, and he was telling them they would receive fast passes if they went on the tour. It kind of seems like it's up to the person at the kiosk who signs you up as to what you get. Even if you don't "get" anything for going, it's a very informative tour if you're really interested in DVC.

I got a $50 gift card because there was a flyer in my room that offered it. He didn't demand I have the flyer - but I did need to name the correct resort where they had the promotion!

Did the tour at Saratoga for the models of BLT and AKV. I arranged it at an MK kiosk - and they brought me back to the MK. It was a little over 2 hours total. If you are serious about buying - I'd arrange it in advance and ask to see the resort itself in advance. I would have really liked to have seen the common areas of BLT, for example, since that is not accessible if you aren't staying there.

You need to make sure that the key players who have a financial say in the decision to purchase be present to receive gift cards of any value. A co-worker who received the same flyer in her room - was told she couldn't get the gift card because she was married and her hubby would not be present.

We have about 50 days until our next visit to the world, does anyone know if there any tour incentives being offered. Such as fast passes or gift cards

You should get at least a $350 gift card per person.

If they won't give it to you, then you should consider two possibilities:
  • You might be taking the tour for the wrong reasons...or
  • You might be able to save thousands of dollars buying resale...or not at all.
No offense, but really folks -- focus on the big picture!

You're going to get taken advantage of if you don't. Caveat Emptor!

We were a party of 4 adults and 3 kids - 2 separate families - just browsing the DVC kiosk in Downtown Disney last September when they nabbed us!:scared1:

After determining where we were staying and for how long, the original salesman offered us a $100 gift card per family, fastpasses, transportation to the sales center, video games for kids while the adults took a 90min tour, and ice cream sundaes.:thumbsup2

We did receive 2 $100 gift cards, transportation and ice cream. However, the other promises fell short......no fastpasses, and VERY lame video games for my 3 DSs for the almost 3 HOUR TOUR! The kids were SO BORED and I felt SO BAD for them.:sad1:

That said - the boys cheered right up when we told them we were considering buying DVC - and about a month later we DID!:yay:

Just took tour at SSR last Sunday and got a $100 gift card.
Oh and free water and ice cream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter