Need some advice on room location

hokies

Earning My Ears
I need some help in determining which cabin to select. My mother suffers from motion sickness. In 2002, we went on the DCL and she was in the middle of the ship. She was fine, no problems. This March we are going again and have others traveling with us. We would all like our rooms to be close in proximity. The only way to do that is to book in the front of the ship. Has anyone stayed in or near Room 2006? Was there a great deal of motion in the front?:p

I get motion sickness to the max! They booked us midship and even advised us to be careful when eating in the forward and aft restaurants. I'm really hoping it's not that bad!

I get motion sick in the car sometimes and I get wicked nauseous - all the time - on spinny amusement rides. Our 27 foot sailboat, I tend to get sick - hence my familiarity of "Don't be bashful, Don't be shy, Head over the rail, And let if fly".

Anyway, our first night we ate at Parrot Cay. I had a few dizzy spells but no nausea - on my way there and at dinner. My server asked if I had seasick medication. I said yes, but I hadn't taken any and that I wasn't really sick, just dizzy. He said to take it anyway. Worked great. Once I got my "sea legs" I was fine and didn't even have to take any on the third or fourth nights. Never felt any movement, except when docking and once or twice in Parrot Cay (we at there a lot for some reason) we felt a bit of movement, but nothing really noticible. In fact, we usually had to ask each other if we really felt the ship move.

Of course, after I type all that I notice you said the FRONT of the ship. Sorry, I can't help you right now, but after January, I can. I have an inside room # 6321, right up front.

I, too, have always had motion sickness. To this day I cannot ride in the back seat of a car. However, I have cruised twice and luckily have not had the slightest problem. I took over the counter Bonine prior to boarding both times and felt wonderful, with no drowsiness, and was fortunate enough to stop taking it by the second day. We had staterooms forward on deck 2 and aft on deck 5. Incidentally, I also took the Bonine the morning of our Atlantis Submarine excursion “as a just in case”. Again, no problems!
HTH and good luck!
Susie
princess:

Bonine seems to be the "med of choice". I'll have to look into it.

Thanks for the information. I will be sure my mom takes a supply of Bonine with her!!:D

Bonine worked for me, but there are other options worth exploring also.

No-drowsy dramamine, available by prescription scopalamine patches you wear behind the ear, sea bands you ear on the wrist, etc. Everyone is different...bonine just happened to be what I tried. Do a search here on the board for "seasickness" and I am sure you will find more information from other posters about other products. That way, you can choose the best product for you!

Susie princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter