• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need some advice on Dating, please.......*BIG UPDATE ON PAGE 5*

We went to see Batman - I'm not a big super-hero movie person but I enjoyed it, and I will stereotype for a minute and say that it is a movie most guys would like to see.

I just think all this over analyzing over one date and one email is ridiculous. They are just getting to know each other at this point. She emailed him. If he has any kind of guts/balls at all, he will ask her out again. In any successful relationship I've had, I have not had to bend over backwards to get the guy to ask me out again. She's expressed interest, he was lukewarm in his response. See if he has the guts and interest to pursue it. If not, is it really worth it? Like someone else said, most guys if they are interested, no matter how nervous they are, will rise to the occasion and pursue it. Why all this analyzing? I think it's stupid actually.

I go on this website occasionally, called askmen. Men talk about their dating lives and its very enlightening to get the male perspective. The first thing they would say...If he is really interested, You will know. You won't have to guess or ask or wonder or post about it. You will know, because one way or the other he will let his interest be known. And, another thing, if he was really interested, he would have called and set up a time, not given a very lukewarm, polite, response to an email.

Update~

He called me on my cell phone tonight, but I was at work so I did not get to talk to him. He left a message to call him back. So that's got to be a good sign! And I am going to call him back tomorrow.

If the TV show called "Hooking up" ever calls, DON'T ANSWER!!!

You seem like a REALLY sweet young woman and I hope this works out for you, I really do. And I'm glad he called you and left a mesage. :)

I think I'm a little leery of a man who says "glad YOU had a good time" (and doesn't say anything about HIM having a good time too?) That just raised a huge flag with me. If someone is REALLY interested in you they would not miss an opportunity to say they enjoyed being with you, and he just totally did not say that.

And "would go out again if you're interested"...what is THAT supposed to mean? :confused3 Again, sounds way too uninterested for me. "Sure, I'd like to see you again"...how hard could that be?

Anyway, as I said, I hope my instincts are way off track, but I just get the feeling this is a guy who is not interested, sure he may see you again, but he is not in it for the long haul.

I wish for you ONLY the best, because that is what you deserve. :)

Sarah, That's great that he called! Let us know what you guys decide to do on the next date! (Sorry I couldn't come up with a great movie suggestion for you.) :flower:

That's great to hear that he called you back. :) Let us know how everything goes. :sunny:
By the way, I think people are overanalyzing his email way too much.

It all sounds like it's moving along well to me. Best wishes for lots of fun dates in your future! :)

BIG UPDATE~

I am going on a 2nd date tonight, with Dan! :goodvibes

We are going out for dinner tonight at Applebee's, at 5:30p.m. I decide to wait and see a movie with until are 3rd or 4th date.

Thanks again everyone!

woo hoo!!!!!!!!! :cool1: i read your thread the other day, but was only a lurker, but i had to come out on the update and tell you HAVE FUN!!!! and CONGRATS!!!

Just saw your post and your age. Hold on your almost there. People between the ages of 16-26(28) shouldn't marry because their endorphins are too extreme. Wait a couple of years and you should safely be able to date and potentially find your LIFELONG soulmate. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter