Need some 3 yr old birthday party ideas

HeatherT

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody! My ds and dd will be 3 in March and I'd like to have a Mickey/Minnie party (their favorite characters - although my dd now loves Cinderella, Snow White and Tinkerbell:rolleyes: ) I'm looking for some original party ideas as well as ideas for party favors. I'd love to get some from WDW (by calling merchandising I guess) but I can't spend a lot - maybe $4/kid tops. I have about 10 kids ranging from ages 2 - 5 coming to the party. We just got back from WDW, but unfortunately it was a quick trip and I had NO time to shop for party favors :( We've acutally never had a party for them, so I'm not sure how much people even spend on favors. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I guess I'm just looking for something that people can't get from their local Disney store.

Thanks!
Heather

Hi Heather! You have to check out www.bithdaypartyideas.com ! They have sooo many party ideas, & people send in what they actually did for their party. I mix and match the ideas and always have the best parties! For my dd's 1st b'day, we had a Mickey/Minnie Luau, 2nd b'day was Tinkerbell & the 3rd will be in Sept. & is a Disney Princess party. Yes, I am already planning it, and it is so fun!

It really depends on your area, as to how much to spend on the favors. Most people spend $1-2 on the bags here, but I tend to go overboard. I shop all year long, and tend to get things on sale, or make cute personalized items.

You may want to invite the kids to wear their favorite Disney shirt to the party. Make M/M coloring pages to have on the tables, or make a small coloring book (personalized) as a favor. There are really tons of things when you choose M/M! You can even order from WDW Merchandising, if you can think of certain items you'd like to have...Mickey pretzel bags, Mickey hair bows - both less than $1.

If I can be of any further help, please let me know! Have fun planning!! ;)

Here is a cheap and easy craft that can also be a party favor:

BURIED TREASURE

supplies:

clean empty clear plastic soda or water bottles with tops (1 for each child)
sand
glitter
small trinkets that will fit in bottle (plastic jewels, plastic animals, shells, stones etc)
glue

Fill each bottle about 1/2 with sand. Help each child add the glitter and trickets they want. Glue top onto bottle. Once glue is dry the children can turn the bottle by rolling it or putting it upside down to try to find their treasures.

DD-4 and I made one of these about 2 years ago and she still plays with it from time to time.

If you have a Party Place store, or someother kind of party supplies store in your area you might check there. We just did a party for our daughter's 4th birthday. We made an event out of picking out her stuff at the store. Lilo and Stitch plates, cups and napkins, which were 1/2 off; green platic table cloths, mini bottles of bubbles, whizzer whistles, glider planes, and a cheap lei for 10 Lilo and Stitch bags came out to $38. I baked the cake and decorated with green writing and colorful flowers made from frosting. It was a lot of fun, and really cute!

I just did this for my son. I got mickey and minnie plushes on clearence from the Disney Store for $1. I also got Mickey and Minnie lollipops from them from the Disney store. Finally, I got pooh bubbles, again on clerance, and put those in the bags. You also know what I figured out. Debbie snack cakes..individauylly wrapped. They take up a lot of room in the bag and they are really inexpensive.

That was all my goodie bags had..but they were nicer gifts.

As far as games, we colored pumpkins becuase it was aroung Halloween. What about doing a ST Patty's day game. Make Mickey and Minne shamerocks or something. Also, the V-day plushes should all be on clearence by that point..so you should be able to get a really good deal on those!
I loved this b-day party..I hope you have fun with it too.

Originally posted by disneyfan551
or make a small coloring book (personalized) as a favor.

We did this for DD's Princess Party for her third birthday last year. I printed out color pages (two pictures per page) and folded them in half like a book. The front said "Kierstin's Birthday Coloring Book". I got most of the coloring pages from www.disneywarehouse.com . I put the coloring pages in the goodie bags, along with a small box of crayons (the Dollar Store had 6 packages of 8-crayon boxes for $1), some Disney Princess fruit snacks, and some stickers. Not a lot of stuff, but the kids all enjoyed it, and it cost only around $20 for all 12 goodie bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter