Need Snack/Souvenir ideas for son's Kindergarten class...

Mommy2Jameson

DIS Veteran
Hey Everyone! I'm looking for some cheaper souvenir ideas for my son to bring back to his Kindergarten class! Also, I'd like to do something edible! We have to provide snack once a month too, so I could send the treats as the snack that day.

And preferably no chocolate! Haha! Last year, we bought the Mickey Chocolate Bars for the 20 kids in his pre-K class, but I was worried about them melting the whole way back in the luggage, so I ended up lugging them in my carry-on bag! Not fun!

Does the Goofy's candy store carry smaller size bags of treats? Anyone have any ideas?

Before you buy any sweets please ask the teacher if anyone in the class has diabetes or anything else that might restrict what they might eat.

You
Might also consider if the teacher has particular lesson plans that you could bring something back for. When my DS was in Kindergarten, they were doing a section on Mexico. We brought back candy from Epcot Mexico pavilion.

China in 1st grade. Then the presidents in 2nd. They all got bookmarks or pencils with their president. (Each student picked a president and did "Hall of Presidents". So cute! But if you don't want to do candy, maybe you could do pencils or something. But there are neat hard candies in the Epcot pavilions.

Everything elso I can think of I'd put in my carry-on also. Rice Crispie treats, chocolate coins. I'm sure there are small treat bags somewhere!

I'm guessing they're in WDW.... DD has brought the larger bag of the Mickey Pretzels home from visits to DLR to share with her class. Chip and Dale are on the packaging... *Here* they are *and they do not cost $12 in the parks....

Ask teacher about bringing candy or chocolates back. In Texas we can not give kids those because of state law on minimal nutrition.

I can see mickey head rice krispie treats though.

I would stay away from candy but they sell family size bags of Mickey head pretzels and mickey cheese crackers (Like goldfish but I like them better).2 Family size bags should be enough but you may want to get an extra or 2 if your kids really like them so you can keep some at home for special Disney treats too.

We usually bring back the bags of chocolate coins, they have traditional Disney characters and princesses. My kids then bring an assortment of each to class to give out as souvenirs. Our school has a no sweets policy so the kids can't eat them in class but they are welcome to take them home and have once there.

I like the bag of pretzels idea for a snack. We brought back to my son's preschool class a Mickey straw for each child. I think they are like 50 cents each. Cute and easy and we didn't have to worry about allergies!!

If there are kids with food allergies in the class, I wouldn't bring back an edible treat. I'd go with pencils or stickers or something like that.

My DD has a nut allergy. I don't think she can have the Mickey pretzels, cookies, etc because they may contain traces of nuts.

I know that allergic kids have to get used to not always being able to have treats, but kindergarteners are 5 and 6 yrs old. I think it would be tough on them to know that special treats were brought back from WDW by a classmate, but they can't have them.

A few years ago, I brought back a book for my preschool class (it was about Thumper and his family). I read it to the kids and now it's part of our classroom collection for our new kids to enjoy.

How about bringing in a Disney-themed book for the classroom? Perhaps you could go in as a guest reader and read it to them. Write a note inside the cover with your child's name and the dates of your trip. The teacher can keep it for future classes. It will be like your child's own Disney legacy to his kindergarten classroom!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter