• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need seating info for fireworks

seajay

Dreamin' about Disneyland
I can find the Fantasmic dessert info but I can not find the seating info for the fireworks - can anyone help? I want to know the locations and cost and when I can make the reservation.

any help would be greatly appreciated,
seajay

I can find the Fantasmic dessert info but I can not find the seating info for the fireworks - can anyone help? I want to know the locations and cost and when I can make the reservation.

any help would be greatly appreciated,
seajay

You can't find any info because there isn't any seating for the fireworks.

Hi There,

I believe the tickets are around $70 per person, from what I remember paying last year. The seating is directly across from Cafe Orleans and The French Market...you know where you get the Mickey Mouse beignets? Across from there. Seating selection is chosen by you by waiting in a line until the seating selection opens, and wait your turn to pick seats.
After you reserved them, you go about your park business until firework time. Then, come to the reserved seating area where you waited in line earlier in the day, tell them your name, and they will guide you to your seats and give you the nifty desert box.
It was fun for my family and me when we did it, the dessert boxes were large and had cute little desserts, fruit, crackers, and cheese, and they offered endless drinks. I am planning on doing it again when we go in August if that helps you decide. Call (714) 781-SHOW to buy tickets in advance, they can also give you more info if you want.

Have fun!

What fireworks viewing are you referring to exactly?
You can stake out a bench in the hub a few hours before they go off, if you must have a seat. Some tours offer VIP seating for fireworks.
If you are seeing the early show of F! and are doing the Premium Dessert Seating, you are able to stay in your seat and view the fireworks (maybe this is what you are referring to). It is not the best view, but it is a good view, and you don't have to wait for it.

Hi There,

I believe the tickets are around $70 per person, from what I remember paying last year. The seating is directly across from Cafe Orleans and The French Market...you know where you get the Mickey Mouse beignets? Across from there. Seating selection is chosen by you by waiting in a line until the seating selection opens, and wait your turn to pick seats.
After you reserved them, you go about your park business until firework time. Then, come to the reserved seating area where you waited in line earlier in the day, tell them your name, and they will guide you to your seats and give you the nifty desert box.
It was fun for my family and me when we did it, the dessert boxes were large and had cute little desserts, fruit, crackers, and cheese, and they offered endless drinks. I am planning on doing it again when we go in August if that helps you decide. Call (714) 781-SHOW to buy tickets in advance, they can also give you more info if you want.

Have fun!

this is a great solution for viewing both Fantasmic and the Fireworks, however you don't get the castle fireworks nor the castle projections, or tink's flyover (or if you're trying for august, you'll also miss dumbo's flyover), so you pick your battles.

with this option, you get dessert/coffee/drinks and especially important, a seat! great view of Fantasmic and good view of fireworks.

for actual seating for the fireworks, you can grab a bench that surrounds the hub, or near main street by jolly holiday or plaza inn, both offering seating with highly obstructed views with marvelous big trees in your way lol. or you can sit in the middle of the street and wait for the fireworks to start and you'll be asked to stand up at that point. there are also benches along main street by Coke Corner and Nikon Photo store but again, obstructed views with trees in your way so you'll miss castle projections/light ups.

Like others have said, there is no seating area for the fireworks, except for the Fantasmic dessert viewing area. If you have the dessert package for the first Fantasmic show, you can stay for the fireworks. But like others have also said, the view is not great, and you'll miss the flying characters and any castle effects. If you do the dessert package for the 2nd Fantasmic show (assuming it's a 2-show evening), you won't be able to sit in the viewing area until AFTER the fireworks.

My suggestion is usually to see "Magical" from Main Street, and then head over to Fantasmic for the 2nd show, taking advantage of the dessert package (if it's in your budget). If it's not, the 2nd show us usually much less crowded than the first one. Last summer I caught Magical from Town Square, then boarded the train for New Orleans Square and caught the 10:30 Fantasmic show from the general viewing area, with a great view.

Thanks for the input - an acquaintance had mentioned something about getting to watch the fireworks from a reserved area so I assumed it was like the parade & F! preferred seating where I could just make reservations and pay for a ticket. It is very possible that they had some sort of VIP package that got them their viewing area.

thanks for trying to help,
Seajay

There are indeed two VIP areas for fireworks. There are benches in front of the partner statue facing the castle and a VIP section on the landing of the train station, sometimes a standing section behind the partner statue.

For a while you could get access to the Fireworks VIP section with a purchase of one of the guided tours...can't remember which one but I think it is only over the holidays and not sure if they still do that.

...otherwise you need a hookup to get into the fireworks VIP seating areas, can't purchase seats.

Just wanted to mention for anyone else reading this that when we did the Fantasmic dessert package I thought it was a much better view of the fireworks than we had the night before on Main St! The kids could see the fireworks much better (ages 8 & 10), and they had a much better view of flying Tink!
The night before we were on Main St. pretty much directly behind the partner statue and because everyone was standing they could hardly see a thing! We had to take turns lifting them up to see the castle projections, Tink, and even some of the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter