• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Sandal/Flip Flop for Plantar Fasciitis

Do any of you have experience with Vionics on rides like Kali River Rapids? Did they dry quickly? Did they hold up after?

I wore my Vionics on Kali River Rapids a few times and got soaked in the various splash zones for the kids as well and they did fine. It will depend on which ones you get though as the type of leather varies quite a bit. This is the one I wore http://www.vionicshoes.com/women/sandals/mojave-vionic-sandals.html

I had a very cheap pair of Old Navy flip flops for the pool and my plan had been to keep them in my bag and change them before riding Kali but I forgot to bring them to AK that day. It wasn't an issue at all and they dried quickly.

I suffer from PF too. My feet are very fussy! While I love the feel of the Teva Mush flip flop, there isn't enough support there for me if I'm doing a lot of walking. I love my Teva Tirra sandals however. Great support, adjustable straps, and they can get wet. Olukai flip flops are great too. Look at Ecco sandals as well. I have a pair of their "Yucatan", style and they are as comfy as a pair of sneakers. :love:

Following. I'm still looking for the "perfect sandal". My Chaco's have excellent arch support, but the rough diamond-grid sole gives me blisters after only 4 or 5 hours.

My hubby's doctor and podiatrist told him that the best shoes for PF are crocs... with good inserts in them. He has been wearing those around the house and they are helping a lot.

It won't help during your trip (unless it's weeks away) but I used a blood flow stimulator to get over my PF. I tried the stretches and rolling my foot on water bottles/golf balls, nothing was helping. All it took was rest and this machine to increase my circulation. Apparently stretching can actually make it worse. It's not something you wear out though, for support, so you'd need to have cured your PF before leaving for the trip. I found out about it here: http://plantar-fasciitis.com/index.php?REF=1110PV0.00

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter