Need reviews for Budget Car Rental from TPA to MCO

auger

DIS Veteran
Hey guys,

I need some reviews from anyone who has rented from Budget in TPA and dropped off at MCO.
I have never used them in either airport before, and i am wondering if it's worth it to get that one way rental from them for the entire trip, or to do a one way one day from them and then get another car from Alamo at MCO for the rest of my trip (which is actually cheaper, but more of a chore).

Has anyone rented from Budget in TPA, and what was your experience?
I rented once from Enterprise TPA and had a horrible time.
Yes, I realize they are not associated with one another in any way.
I am just concerned that I may get similar service from Budget, and I am hoping some folks can give me good reports about them that will quell my fears.

Also, is drop off at MCO as good as with Alamo?

Thanks for any help or advice you can give me!

For our trip last month, we rented from Budget at TPA and dropped it off at MCO. We got an awesome deal- $161 for 11 days for a full size. It was easy to navigate pick up and drop off at both airports.
My only complaint was how hard the counter associate tried to upsell us to a larger vehicle. He just would not give up! But we could not justify an extra $400 for a minivan. When he finally realized we were not going to upgrade, he kinda was a jerk- a complete 180 from how he acted at the beginning of our transaction. I think he gave us the smallest full size car they had (Ford Fusion), instead of a Chevy Impala, just to prove a point that we really could have used a bigger vehicle.
Would we use them again? It would depend on the rate- they beat Hertz, Alamo and Enterprise by $200, so I would take the upsell BS to save that much. But if other car companies were comparable, I would take my business elsewhere.

Thank-you for posting your experience.
I really hate when they try so hard to do the upsell!!
But I am great at standing my ground, since I am the world's biggest cheapskate!!!

I definitely will hope for Alamo to get their rates down, but if I have to, I'll deal with the garbage from budget!!
Is there no way to bypass the counter like you can with Alamo?

Also, did you have any issues with the return, like them trying to blame you for any previous scratches, dings, or damage?
Enterprise did that to me at TPA back in April. I never probably never use them again! They were a huge headache from start to finish!!!

I think if you join their Fastbreak program, you can bypass the main counter and go to the Fastbreak window in the garage. Probably won't get the intense upsell there!
We had no problems returning the car at MCO. They just took a fast walk around, handed us our receipt, and we were on our way.
Good luck! We loved flying into TPA- it saved us $500 on our airline tickets, and $100 on the car rental too. Made putting up with the Budget guys attitude worth it!

Thanks for the tip. I will sign up, and hopefully we can do the bypass of the high pressure!
If not, we will just keep saying no!
And if we would get a bad attitude afterwards, we will simply ask to speak to a manager about the situation.
I am not a person who likes to get people in trouble, but I also will not tolerate being treated poorly simply because I don't want to spend more money.
Hopefully we won't have any issues and everyone can just be happy!!!!

I also prefer to fly into Tpa.
We paid with points this time, but saved about 4000 over Mco.
Plus, the flight gets in at 9:30 rather than 4:30!!!
Lots of extra chill time by the pool!!!

We "insist" on rock bottom, unprofitable rates. Customers who buy the insurance and pay for upgrades allow the companies to stay in business while offering us the rates we want to pay.

You always have to assume you'll wind up with the smallest car which qualifies under the description given by the agency. PL customers have to accept the car class definition provided by PL if it offers a smaller car.

Go with a "quick rent" card or be prepared to just no to all the extras.

People who are happy aren't likely to post. Only a dozen or so reviews for Budget on the site. How many customers a day? I wouldn't give those reviews any credibility.

I have no problem with getting the smallest car in the class.
I do as much probing ahead of time to find out what that car could be, then I go and physically look at one to be sure it will suit my needs.
It's easier these days, since my daughter works at a dealership!!! ;)

My only issue will be if I am treated badly simply because I don't want to pay more to upgrade.
Upsell all you want, but when I say no, don't mistreat me for it.

I realize the rental companies have a right to make money, but I also have the right to rent the car I reserved.

So as long as everyone remembers that, we'll be good!!! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter