Need Restaurant Suggestions!

HoltDisney07

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

We will be going to Disney Aug. 26-31 and will be on the dining plan. I will break it down like this.

Day 1- Magic Kingdom
Lunch-?
Dinner- Pizza Planet

Day 2-MAGIC KINGDOM -
Lunch- Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn or El Pirata Y El Perico Restaurant
Dinner- Tony's Town Tavern or The Plaza

Day 3-Typhoon Lagoon
Lunch-Leaning Palms or Typhoon Tilly's
Dinner- Cap’n Jack’s Restaurant or Wolfgang Punk Café or Planet Hollywood in DTD

Day 4- Epcot or MGM (which is best?)
If we go to Epcot the the following
Lunch- Tangierine Café if in Epcot
Dinner- Which is the best for an Epcot dinner?
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Biergarten
Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Dining Room
L’Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante
Restaurant Marrakesh
San Angel Inn Restaurante

Day 5-Animal Kingdom
Lunch- any ideas?
Dinner-Chef Mickey’s in the Contemporary Resort (what time should I make the AR for?)

Day 6-Magic Kingdom
Lunch- any ideas?
Leaving early

Thanks!
Jenny:tinker:

Mommy to
Petra 3 princess:
Phoenix 1:sulley:

Day 1- Magic Kingdom
Lunch-?
Dinner- Pizza Planet

Why Pizza Planet for dinner on a Magic Kingdom day? Also, honestly, there is really nothing "special" about Pizza Planet. We have eaten there twice because it was convenient when we were hungry for lunch, but it was fairly disappointing--nothing like the movie. Just curious as to why you chose this?

Day 2-MAGIC KINGDOM -
Dinner- Tony's Town Tavern or The Plaza

Sorry, I can't comment on ANY of these as I haven't eaten there. My favorite counter service at MK is Columbia Harbor House. I like Cosmic Ray's too. Have heard good things about Peco's Bills though.

Day 3-Typhoon Lagoon
Dinner- Cap’n Jack’s Restaurant or Wolfgang Punk Café or Planet Hollywood in DTD

Sounds good. I'd probably go with Wolfgang Puck out of the three.

Biergarten
Restaurant Marrakesh

I'm partial to Epcot. MGM is not one of my favorite parks but it does have two very good rides!
As for your dinner, I don't know which one is best. I can tell you that I don't care for Marrakesh. I did Biergarten many years ago and that was fun. Been hearing good things about the France and England restaurants so *I'd* probably give those a try.

Day 5-Animal Kingdom
Lunch- any ideas?
Dinner-Chef Mickey’s in the Contemporary Resort (what time should I make the AR for?)

If you are going to Animal Kingdom and are truly going to explore all the nooks and crannies, you may not be done until 5:00 p.m. or so. Then you will need to get transportation from AK to the transportation center, then hop a monorail to the Contemporary. If you are in your own car it is probably much quickly. So, I'd say about 6:30 to be safe.

Lunch at AK--Tusker House ALL THE WAY for me. You will find equal popularity with Tusker House and the Flame Tree BBQ. Can't go wrong with either, just depends what you're in the mood for.

Day 6-Magic Kingdom
Lunch- any ideas?
Leaving early

Are you looking for lunch at the MK? If so, try one of the counter services that you didn't get to on your first visit day to the MK. Otherwise you could try a table service lunch like LTT--the lunch there gets good reviews.

Yes...Pizza Planet is at MGM Studios. Maybe this was a typo on your part?
If you are looking for lunch at MK I am going to say a big ole hot dog at Casey's Corner on Main Street! I love the hot dogs there and it is a great place to sit outside and enjoy the atmosphere!

Biergarten
Restaurant Marrakesh

To be honest with you...None of these are my choice...Alfredos is in the middle of changing but they are open. I guess I enjoy Coral Reef, Le Cellier and Chefs de France (my fav) the best.

Now...for MGM which I think was supposed to be your first one... Lets see...for dinner I enjoy the Prime Time Cafe and the Sci-Fi for lunch, or you can do Pizza Planet but I am not crazy about their pizza. I like to eat over by Indiana Jones as well because of the sandwich choices!

For Magic Kingdom... as I said earlier...Caseys Corner or grab something at the bakery, or a turkey leg! Pecos Bills which I believe you have mentioned. For dinner I like Cinderella's Royal Table, or The Crystal Palace. I am not a huge Liberty Tree Tavern fan, the food there just did not impress me at all. And the food at CRT is good but not great, but the experience is irreplaceable.

Chef Mickeys, after AK..I would probably go with 7 or so. If you are going straight there after the park closes it is better to be safe with something a little later, you can always kill time by shopping and relaxing. If not, do the last seating available if you can...the reason I say that...you get LOTS of character attention and if you are lucky...they will come in pairs so your pics can be with mickey and minnie or chip and dale! We did this the last time, basically closed it down and the character attention for my cousin was amazing!

Not too sure about lunch at the animal kingdom, we normally just grab mcdonalds fries and some fruit. I say for most of your lunches you just do it whenever you are hungry and wherever you end up!

Gina

I should have added this to my post: If you want to do Chef Mickey's for dinner, it's probably better to squeeze that in on a Magic Kingdom day. The transportation issues are just so much easier.

Thanks everyone...

It was a typo, I was trying to save some typing time and I had copied someone elses post and changed my info.

That MK day (day 2) was suppose to be lunch at Cinderellas castle and ? for the dinner. I know it takes 2 table services too.

Thanks!

Jenny

If the kids are with you:

Day 1 (MK) - I recommend the Crystal Palace...good food, Winnie the Pooh. I agree with Christine about Pizza Planet...certainly not worth a special trip to MGM just to eat there, kind of disappointing and not much room to sit down.

Day 2 (MK) - Tony's is pretty good and relaxing, but I also like Liberty Town Tavern.

Day 3 (TL & DTD) - We never hit the waterparks, so no help there. I haven't eaten at PH, but I hear the food isn't all that great and it's very noisy.

Day 4 (Epcot or MGM) - I like Epcot the best, but the kids like MGM. We really like the Garden Grill (character dining) and Rose and Crown in Epcot. We like Hollywood & Vine (character dining for b'fast & lunch) at MGM.

Day 5 (AK) - Well, we don't really like any of the restaurants at AK, so we typically only spend about a half-day there. If you are doing CM for dinner, I would go for a counter service meal for lunch, but stay away from Restaurantosaurus...unless you really like McDonalds.

Day 6 (MK) - Whatever you didn't get to on Day 1 or 2.

:mickeybar

Hi Everyone,

Day 5-Animal Kingdom
Lunch- any ideas?

We had Flame Tree the last time, and will probably be repeating it. The food is great, and the ducks waddle in and out under your tables. It was a fun lunch.

Hi Everyone,

We will be going to Disney Aug. 26-31 and will be on the dining plan. I will break it down like this.

Day 1- Magic Kingdom
Lunch-?
Dinner- Pizza Planet >>>> awful pizza. stay away.

Day 2-MAGIC KINGDOM -
Dinner- Tony's Town Tavern or The Plaza >>>Go to Plaza. MUCH BETTER CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TONY's is so GROSS! GROSS! GROSS! Stay far away from this place. But if you must go, stay away from anything with tomato sauce in it. Funny suggestion considering its an italian restaurant right? but trust me, you will thank me later. I honestly recommend Plaza, Crystal Palace, or Liberty Tree instead. FAR BETTER!!

Day 3-Typhoon Lagoon
Dinner- Cap’n Jack’s Restaurant or Wolfgang Punk Café or Planet Hollywood in DTD >>>>Wolfgang Puck Cafe!!!!

Day 4- Epcot or MGM (which is best?) >>>I like Epcot. So does my son!! Bonus is that there are far better dining options in Epcot than DHS (formerly known as MGM).
Biergarten
Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Dining Room >>>you mean Teppan Edo? YUMMY!!! LOVE this place. :cloud9:
Restaurant Marrakesh

Day 5-Animal Kingdom
Lunch- any ideas? >>YAK & YETI
Dinner-Chef Mickey’s in the Contemporary Resort (what time should I make the AR for?) >>>You sure you wanna eat here? Lol. I dont like it. Thats why i ask.

Day 6-Magic Kingdom
Lunch- any ideas? >>>CS or TS?? See above recomendations for MK. If CS, I think the hotdogs at caseys isnt all that great to be honest. Its not bad, just nothing outstanding. I'd recommend any of the other CS places.

:thumbsup2

Ummmmm.....the original post is over 4 years old. Not sure the recommendations are going to help at this point.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter