Need restaurant recommendation for special occasion

KathyinNY

Earning My Ears
for 4 16 YO girls celebrating a Sweet 16. It's for our arrival date, so it can't be inside a park - downtown Disney is fine or one of the hotels. A nice steak or something like that, and I'm trying to keep it to one dining plan credit. Any suggestions?

We did Narcoosees for the first time last month and had a wonderful meal. but I'm not sure if it is one credit.

House of Blues, Raglan Road, Kona are all good. We don't do the DP but I believe Narcoosees is 2 credits.

Narcoossee's is a 2 credit meal.

For one-credit, special, for a non-park meal, it depends what you're into.

Ohana (Polynesian) is a 1-credit, and very festive, but it's not elegant.
The Wave (Contemporary) is an underrated gem.
Raglan Road (Disney Springs) is fun, and has entertainment.
Captain's Grille, at the Yacht Club, may be a best bet for a 1-credit, OOP, elegant steakhouse, though, if you have thoughts of a quieter place with steak. Like every non-signature, it's "casual" dining, but the menu is pure classic steakhouse.

For 1 credit, I would consider Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk. The food is excellent and it might be fun to see the shows on the Boardwalk and play the games afterward.

How about Teppen Edo? That's fun and festive for a birthday!

Sanaa is excellent and AKL is gorgeous.

The Wave has great food, but I don't know if it's sweet 16 worthy.

Raglan Road is a lot of fun!

I second Trattoria like the PP. The food is delicious!! The restaurant is beautiful and it's soo fun to walk around the Boardwalk after!!

Thanks - some good options! I'll share them with my daughter tomorrow. She wanted to go to the Boathouse, but I was thinking there had to be some nice options for only one credit (boathouse is 2).

Thanks - some good options! I'll share them with my daughter tomorrow. She wanted to go to the Boathouse, but I was thinking there had to be some nice options for only one credit (boathouse is 2).

After eating at the boathouse I'd say kona is every bit as good. Usually not hard to get a reservation either.

After eating at the boathouse I'd say kona is every bit as good. Usually not hard to get a reservation either.

My DD and DSIL love Kona! I have not been in years, but they were just there and had good comments!

for 4 16 YO girls celebrating a Sweet 16. It's for our arrival date, so it can't be inside a park - downtown Disney is fine or one of the hotels. A nice steak or something like that, and I'm trying to keep it to one dining plan credit. Any suggestions?

I see you want steak, but I was thinking that you might like the Grand Floridain Cafe. I cannot comment on the menu, but I will say that to kick off a Disney trip, having dinner in this lovely restaurant in the gorgeous Grand Floridian Resort is pretty darn special. Time dinner so you are finished before WIshes, head down to the Marina area, or even the porch at Narcoossees and enjoy the show! It is one TS cedit.

The problem I have with Kona for a celebration dinner is how exposed it is to all the people waiting for Ohana.

The Wave is wonderful, definite hidden gem. Don't understand all the love for Kona. Atmosphere is loud, exposed, like eating in a food court. Food is eh.

The Wave is wonderful, definite hidden gem. Don't understand all the love for Kona. Atmosphere is loud, exposed, like eating in a food court. Food is eh.
I like the food, it's just so exposed, especially in the evening because of people waiting for Ohana or a spot at Sam's.

Lunch is the best meal at Kona for peace.

I like the food, it's just so exposed, especially in the evening because of people waiting for Ohana or a spot at Sam's.

Lunch is the best meal at Kona for peace.

I think that is where my DD and her DH get their lunch fix of Sushi. Not me! LOL!

I vote for the Grand Floridian Cafe. Perfect place for teen girls and then a perfect place to explore afterwards. If however you have a lot of extra time in the evening, DTD is going to be more fun to explore and I would choose a place there. Do you have multi-day passes? If so....consider how little it might cost to add on the one more day. After 5 or 6 days, one more is so little more and it not only gives you a ton more choices but an extra evening in the park.

I vote for the Grand Floridian Cafe. Perfect place for teen girls and then a perfect place to explore afterwards. If however you have a lot of extra time in the evening, DTD is going to be more fun to explore and I would choose a place there. Do you have multi-day passes? If so....consider how little it might cost to add on the one more day. After 5 or 6 days, one more is so little more and it not only gives you a ton more choices but an extra evening in the park.

I agree. We generally add as many days as we are there. I like to keep my options open. I think that if the girls could eat anywhere, and had in oark options, BOG would be nice. In Epcot, San Angel Inn woukd be fun, the atmosphere is awesome and then illuminations to complete the celebration

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter