Need restarant suggestions for Cocoa Beach?

DisOrBust

<font color=CC66CC>Tag Fairy does tags only, the A
We will be spending 2 days at Cocoa on Easter and I am looking for restaurant suggestions for our family including 4 and 6yo. Anyone been to the Pier? What is it? Or Dixie Crossings?

Thanks!
Sue

You should do a search for this info because I'm sure others have asked and I can't remember the names of all the places that were suggested. We always eat at the rest. farthest out on the pier. Its nothing fancy but the food has always been excellent. If its the right time of the year you can watch the surfers out the window. We have had the garlic shrimp with pasta, grilled fish sandwich, coconut beer battered shrimp and the kids get the buffalo wings. The bartender made the kids a drink called the sonic boom which they loved and now we make at home (orange and cranberry juice, crushed ice and sprite on top) Enjoy!

we have eaten at the "dixie crossroads". it is in titusville about 10-15mi north of cocoa beach. if you like fried or broiled shellfish, it is awesome! it was easily the best meal we had in the entire orlando/wdw vacation area.

We have also eaten at the restaurant on top of the pier, way out at the end. In fact, we have made it a point to go back each year. We thought it very good. We enjoyed watching the surfers.

Pat

Stay Away from Denny's on A1A in CB!!!(if it's still standing) When I lived in CB in 1988 I worked there and everything was fine. We visited CB in 1997 and it was a horror story! We sat down and the place was discusting. DH is not the type to leave after we are seated, though. As soon as our food came, the ceiling fell on our table! Not a huge chunk, but bits and pieces. We complained, but no one did anything. I'm still affraid to go back to CB for fear that the cops are still looking for us because we left and didn't pay. We didn't eat our food either.

Sorry you asked about where we stayed in Cocoa Beach and I have had a miserable cold and haven't been on-line much lately(wish I was at Cocoa Beach). We have stayed twice at the Holiday Inn with no trouble but I have read some awful posts here. We ended up getting really good rates with a coupon in a hotel and site seeing book that we got at RonJon's. We were already checked in but they honored the coupon anyway. I was lucky because they did it for one night only for others and I received the 49.99 rate for all three nites we were there.My kids really enjoy the large pool and they rent boogie boards down by the beach. The rooms are nothing fancy and very small but we don't spend much time there.

Hi Sue,

We loved Dixie Crossroads: Great southern seafood etc. It starts with corn fritters that are like sweet hot hush puppie donut holes sprinkled with powdered sugar. Several kinds of fish and shrimp, and one of the side choices is baked yam.

Lots of fun decor inside and out -- we took our picture on the bench with the big shrimp people sculptures.

Take exit 80 off 95; it is 2 miles to the east on 1475 Garden St.

Cheers :)

tink08.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter