Need reommendation for Chicago American Girl Hotel with AG package

Gorechick

DIS Veteran
We are taking our twins to AG Place in Chicago for their birthday in July. I need recommendations for one of the hotels ( with parking) in the area that have the AG package.

I don't know about the package, but I am a big fan of Hotel Burnham. It's super close to Millennium Park and walking distance or a quick $7 cab ride to Water Tower Place, but also centrally located for other shopping and sightseeing. The price is usually right, too, and the rooms are very nice. When we used to go to AG Place, I'd just book the dinner.

If you are talking about the special packages that include the bed set, the Hilton Embassy Suites Downtown (not the Lakefront Embassy) does the package, and as well as the Drake (also a Hilton property). We've done both.

The Drake feels so much more "regal" and is very close to AG. BUT the parking is more than 1.5 blocks away. On the other hand, the Embassy is farther from AG, but parking is a breeze.

Drake: http://www.thedrakehotel.com/packages-events/

ESts: http://www.embassysuiteschicago.com/chicago-hotel-vacation-packages/full-details.asp?erow=0&sid=3

I know it's more expensive, but if this is a special trip, I would do the Drake. It is a stunning hotel, and if you have time, you can do a beautiful afternoon tea there as well (much nicer than the AG tea).

Just saw that you have twins. The AG packages will only include one doll bed, and the extra bed is, IMHO, not worth the extra they will charge (I think it's in the $50 range). Probably worth calling to ask, but if it is that much, you might do better just getting a parking included package at a hotel (still love the Drake :goodvibes), and saving the extra money for spending at AG, or taking the girls to tea.

It's been about 5 or 6 years ago now, but my DD and I stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in downtown Chicago, they had an American Girl package. We really enjoyed our stay there and it is within walking distance of American Girl store. I'm not sure about parking though, we took the bus to Chicago. Have fun in Chicago!! :)

Last summer my DD and I did the AG package through the 4 Points Sheraton. It was actually cheaper to do that package than any other deal I could find. It was a great hotel, great location. They do have parking I believe in a garage adjacent to the hotel. I know there is a fee. We didn't have a car so I don't know specifics. I would totally stay there again and have recommended it to others.

It's been about 5 or 6 years ago now, but my DD and I stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in downtown Chicago, they had an American Girl package. We really enjoyed our stay there and it is within walking distance of American Girl store. I'm not sure about parking though, we took the bus to Chicago. Have fun in Chicago!! :)

We stayed at the Four Points last year and it was great! There is a Trader Joes in the same building which was nice for snacks. It was the cheapest package I found that also included parking since we drove. We walked everywhere once we got there, left the car parked all weekend. There is an indoor pool, not huge but DD had a great time just splashing around.

Agree with Four Points- we did a package that included parking (it's right in the same building), AG package (bed, cookies, I think a free AG movie on the TV, but we didn't do that) plus "free breakfast" (that was two $20 gift cards to the cafe/bakery also in the same building. Beware that closes at like 2pm! I told DD we'd go back and get cookies to use the rest of our GC up and it had closed.)

The whole thing was cheaper than I could get a hotel only deal elsewhere near by. Our room was small, but we weren't in it much. Easy walking distance to AG and a 15 minute (?) walk to the Pier. We had a small fridge and micro in our room. If you wanted, you could get frozen stuff and Trader Joes and reheat for a meal.

Only downsides (and minor ones)- the pool is miniscule. I think it was 3' deep. Got you cooled off though. The hotel was tricky to find- involved a couple one ways and my GPS was not getting me there. Bring the printed directions off the hotel site.

Just saw that you have twins. The AG packages will only include one doll bed, and the extra bed is, IMHO, not worth the extra they will charge (I think it's in the $50 range). Probably worth calling to ask, but if it is that much, you might do better just getting a parking included package at a hotel (still love the Drake :goodvibes), and saving the extra money for spending at AG, or taking the girls to tea.

Looks like one of her twins is a boy and probably won't care as much about the doll bed. :)

Thanks for all the info! I will check the 4 Points Sheraton as we're not looking to break the bank with the hotel ( saving to splurge it all on AG!). Yes, I do have one boy and one girl, but my son loves our Josefina doll and enjoys reading the historical stories. They both play school with the couple of dolls we have.

We took DD and stayed at the Radison which was a very close walk even though they didn't do the AG package there. A friend of ours did it for her girls and didn't think it was worth it. I bought her a bed for the Our Generation girl doll at Target it was a fold out type and easy to pack and we took it. We did the Tea with the Birthday package instead and we really enjoyed that.

We have twice stayed at the Chicago Hilton Suites. It's just one short block from Watertower Place. I think they have an AG package, but we used a AAA rate. They have a pretty nice pool. The staff is super nice! Parking was convenient, but all parking in Chicago is very expensive. It was actually less expensive for us to take Amtrack and then take cabs than to park our car for five days. There are 2 Disney stores, but they sell the exact same merchandise. I always think that Michigan Ave is for tourists, but real Chicago people shop on State street. There is an amazing Walgreens!

We toured Willis Tower, Navy Pier, Hancock Bldg, Shedd Aquarium. Field Musuem on our last visit. Next time we want to go to Science/Industry, the Adler Planetarium, and the Art Musuem. We bought the City Pass which let us cut the lines! We ate at Rain Forest Cafe, Giordiannos, and Cheesecake Factory. We also did the double decker bus ride which the kids loved!

We visited the AG store every day of our visit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter