• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need reinforcement about Beach Club!

DisneyJanFeb2008

Mouseketeer
Everyone we know stays at the Beach Club and LOVES IT. I was leaning more towards the WL (have stayed there before) or Poly (dreaming!) but DH really wants to try Beach Club and we both want to see what the hype is about. I don't see many good dining options there (but know we can walk around Boardwalk area, etc.) and afraid it won't have the character/charm we love. Help, get me excited! We are mainly staying there for the pool - we have three young kids.

Everyone we know stays at the Beach Club and LOVES IT. I was leaning more towards the WL (have stayed there before) or Poly (dreaming!) but DH really wants to try Beach Club and we both want to see what the hype is about. I don't see many good dining options there (but know we can walk around Boardwalk area, etc.) and afraid it won't have the character/charm we love. Help, get me excited! We are mainly staying there for the pool - we have three young kids.

When are you going? Because if it's spring or summer, BC is one of the best locations! Yes, there's the pool. And being able to walk into Epcot. And all the great food choices in the hotel/across at Boardwalk/in Epcot/at the Swan and Dolphin. Boats to DHS (or walk). Did I mention the pool? Did I mention walking to Epcot?

WL, I agree, is great, but I reserve that experience for the cooler times of the year, when it feels like being up in the great northwest.

Just go and enjoy!

I agree with Larryz. Walking access to the Boardwalk, DHS and Epcot is worth it alone. The BC itself is a beautiful resort with comfortable rooms. My only objection is that if you desire a balcony you can not be guaranteed of getting one.

When are you going? Because if it's spring or summer, BC is one of the best locations! Yes, there's the pool. And being able to walk into Epcot. And all the great food choices in the hotel/across at Boardwalk/in Epcot/at the Swan and Dolphin. Boats to DHS (or walk). Did I mention the pool? Did I mention walking to Epcot?

WL, I agree, is great, but I reserve that experience for the cooler times of the year, when it feels like being up in the great northwest.

Just go and enjoy!

We are going in Feb. We stayed at Swan last yr to try the Epcot area and liked it but didn't like the Swan. But we spend most of our time at MK and I love the coziness of the Lodge. But I'm sure we'll love BC. Worried about balcony.

I noticed you said "dreaming" about staying at the Poly. Well, you know what they say about WDW... it's where dreams come true. Really, where ever you stay, these are all great places. That Epcot area (BC, YC, BW, swan/dolphin) is really pretty at night, and so fast to get to HS or Epcot.

You're going to LOVE IT!!! We LOVE the BC! And the dining is wonderful there. We love Cape May, both the breakfast with characters and the clambake dinner. Also Captain's Grille in YC is so delicious and so few people talk about it. Plus its a short walk into Epcot for all you care to eat. Its closer to Epcot than to BW for food too. Your kids are going to love SAB as well, we love it. Plus if your kids are like mine you'll be at the MK a lot. I know its not quick, but we love walking through Epcot and riding the monorail to MK. I know the bus is much faster, but its more fun for us to walk through a quiet Epcot and my kids love the monorail.

BC is much better than WL or Poly.. You'll really feel like you're on vacation. I'm not even that crazy about SB (never agreed with the hype).. but we love it..

BC is much better than WL or Poly.. You'll really feel like you're on vacation. I'm not even that crazy about SB (never agreed with the hype).. but we love it..

This is based off of personal opinion and not substantiated on fact. I myself like WL much better than BC and I really feel like I'm on vacation. But with that said, I do enjoy YC/BC resorts. :goodvibes

We never stayed at the Beach Club, but we have stayed at the Boardwalk and Dolphin multiple times. Here are my thoughts:
1) It is all about location, location, location.
2) We LOVE that the Swan/Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Beach Club are right next to one another. There is a major buzz in that area, and you can wander around from one to the next. It is a really cool vibe.
3) Walking to Hollywood Studios and Epcot is awesome.
4) There are a lot of dining options between all of the hotels and the parks -- a LOT.
5) If you like to be outside and walk around (or jog), you can't beat it.

I absolutely love that area. I don't even care which hotel I stay in since, for me, it is all about the location.

Funny, I'm in the same boat. Love WL, but have Beach Club booked. We're going in May, so I figured the pools would be nice. We went the WL for Christmas last year and I think the whole thing about having the decorations, the tree and the fireplaces gave it it's whole appeal. I think we'll try this for May and maybe go back to WL during the cooler months.

Have not stayed in BC yet, but we have BW. LOVED it!! We also love WL too. You won't be disappointed in either decision. It is Disney, after all!

I've stayed at Poly, BC, BW, and the Dolphin. As several posters have said it' all about personal preference and what area you want to be closest to. Though each has their own appeal. Yes, with BC, BW and Dolphin you are within walking distance to EP and DS which is a plus as I spend most of my time at EP. I also enjoy being on the Boardwalk at night to watch the EP fireworks and the nightly festivities. At the sametime Poly is one of my favs along with AKL. I do enjoy being on the monorail line but it honestly is only good for MK as to get to EP you have to transfer anyway at TTC. But I enjoy the restaraunts at Poly and the atmosphere especially in the Great Ceremonial Hall.

We love BC....we truly go back and forth between BC and BWI as our favorite resort. Love the architecture, love the rooms/bedding, love the lobby, love the staff (hi Teena!), and the pool is incredible.

I highly recommend BC over WL and Poly! :thumbsup2

February trip, I'd go with WL. BC is nice but it really does not have the ambiance that WL has. The only reason we stay at BC is for the pool. If your husband wants to try it though, go for it. You can always switch back to WL.

We are here now with 3 kids. BC is great! We can walk to Epcot and HS. Boardwalk area is awesome too for us adults at night. We did the kids nite out and went to Epcot and boardwalk. The weather this past week I've stayed has been great. 80s!!! Pool is heated btw.

The food at Cape May is delicious! For both breakfast and dinner! The characters are there. The lobby smells amazing (is that weird? Maybe but it's true). I love the theme and the little mermaid statue. I didn't have anything short of an amazing experience there. The pool is excellent. The food is great. The location is nothing short of awesome... Epcot is literally your backyard to come and go as you please. And having the boardwalk there is pretty cool, too.

BC is great if you have kids. Stayed there once, great location to Epcot & DHS. I prefer the YC though.

I absolutely love that area. I don't even care which hotel I stay in since, for me, it is all about the location.

This is true for us also. We have stayed at the Dolphin and BWV and are staying at BCR in May. For us the most important thing is that we are in the EPCOT resort area. We love it for the location and the great energy of the area especially at night.

OP--How young are your kids? Storm Along Bay is a great pool area, but it is huge! There is no way to see the whole pool area from any one spot. If your kids are very young, that could be more stress than you want to deal with. Also, in order to get on the big slide you have to leave the pool and cross a public sidewalk. If your kids are really young it can be more work than relaxation for you and your hubby. There is no way to just let your kids go off and swim and you enjoy a good book, unless your kids are very good swimmers.

Sorry, but I can't help you get excited about the Beach Club. I thought I would love it, but once we stayed there I found I was wrong. There is a lack of food options, I think in part because you are so close to Epcot and on the boardwalk. They seem to think there is no need for a lot of choices in the resort. Also the bus service was pitiful. You share with the other boardwalk area resorts. Which means long bus rides on a bus packed to the gills. Keep in mind too that if you want to swim in SAB you can't do so once the parks close. They shut SAB down at night, you are not allowed in at all. Unlike the rest of the resorts that only shut down the pool slide. I get why they do it, but it was very disappointing for us.

We have stayed at the Poly too, actually during the same trip we stayed at the Beach Club. And we were all disappointed that we left the Poly for the Beach Club. The Poly has a great location so close to the Magic Kingdom. Plus you can sit by the pool and watch your kids swim and see Wishes all at the same time. It is awesome!

I don't see how old your children are- that might help you make a decision a little easier. The SAB is huge, and if there are 3 kids going in different directions, you will go going crazy!

We stayed at BC for our last visit and loved it. Loved SAB (the main reason we stayed at BC) and there are more food options than you think. Both the BC and the YC have sit down restaurants, there is Cape May Cafe and of courese Beaches and Cream. Both the BC and YC have bar areas that serve food at surprisingly good prices (and are chilld friendly) and of course Hurricane Hannahs by the pool. You can also get food at the Marketplace (the gift shop) and there is seating right outside the Marketplace to eat.

And that is all without leaving the resort for EP or BW.

Now the BC will cost quite a bit more than WL so that also might help you make your decision.

Your other option of course is a split stay. If you will be there long enough, it might be worth it to stay a couple of days at BC then move to WL. Get the best of both worlds and save a little money. You might even try CL at one resort or the other with the money you save with a split stay.

Hope you have fun no matter what you choose!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter