Need recommendations for sunless tanning cream, please

We are leaving for WDW on Friday and I have been going to tanning for about a month. However, I never seem to get as much color on my legs as I would like...so I just bought L'oreal Sublime Bronze self tanning lotion. With just one application of it, my legs are now as tan as the rest of me! It blends in really well and smells nice too. Just be careful not to put too much on your knees or ankles!

Have a great trip!!

-Pam

going to the website www.cosmeticop.com

Paula Begoun has written a book reviewing all brands of skin care and beauty products called "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me." She is a staunch advocate of self-tanners since tanning booths can cause cancer. There is no such thing as a safe tan (unless it comes from a bottle)!

I follow her skin care recommendations (using her cheap drug store suggestions since such products often work better than the fancy, expensive stuff) and have been very pleased with how my skin looks.

I'm so fair I don't even attempt to self-tan so I can't help you. I just use sunscreen every day of sunny weather.

Good luck.

My daughter (12) was recently in a school play that was set on an island off the coast of FL. All of her costumes were either shorts or sarrongs. Since we are in PA, everyone around here has those "winter legs" :earseek: I brought her Neutrogena Sunless Tanning lotion (medium tan). It looked so natural!! All her friends thought she had spent the weekend in a tanning salon! :cool1: It didn't look orange or streaky at all. She is blonde with fair skin so I was really cautious about what I purchased. :sunny:

I always use Banana Boat brand. I am fair, so I use the light to medium color...it works great! I did use the dark stuff one time and I really didn't care for it. It almost seemed like the color rubbed off on my pants or shorts..

One of our more adventurous family members got "sprayed" with this sunless tanning stuff, I believe he found this service through the Beauty Salon at The Beach Club --He fooled us all into thinking he spent a week at the Beach!!!!!!!!!!!

I am definately trying this next time!!!!!
Flo

Thanks guys! I'm leaning towards the neutrogena right now because always quiet's daughter sounds like my skin tone-very white! I'd like to try the spray on tan some day, but I don't think I'll have the time or money for that this trip.

My friend charges about $30 for a full body spray. Estimated 2 weeks (Mine was pretty faded but still some there at 2 weeks)

She has also JUST got a new product where it is a spray can you put on yourself - $29.95 I think. Has several uses and is supposed to last several days. She is bringing me a can tomorrow. I'll have DD help spray me since I'll probably miss several spots!!!

I'm very fair so I use
self-tanner a lot--I've tried many brands and think most look really good, BUT are pretty stinky. I would love to hear more suggestions for self-tanners that don't smell funny! (I'll definitely look for the L'Oreal mentioned by jcandtjsmommy.)

Just a word of advice from someone who found out the hard way :rolleyes: . Be EXTRA careful in the sun after you use tanning creams because they don't give you that base tan that prevents burning. I got really burnt one time because I had used the self tanning cream and couldn't tell that I was burning due to the already tan color of my skin. Boy, was I in pain!

I have two favorites. Avon Sun Self-Tanning Lotion and Neutrogena Sunless Tanning Lotion. Both are great products that won't leave streaks.

I am going to disagree with Shayronnie (sorry! :smooth: )....

I do NOT like the Avon sunless tanning lotion (I was an Avon rep until a couple weeks ago, so I wanted to use it so I could sell it...) - I'm VERY "pale" - I have a pinkish undertone, but my skin is WHITE and stays really light even if I live in the sun. So, I tried it on my arm (tested it). I showed it to a few friends and they thought I had burned myself on the stove (it was a reddish yellowish yucky color - it looked like a few-day old burn). My DH said it looked like a bruise that is in the process of healing...the "yellow grey" (his words) color...

I didn't like it - it took about a week and a half to dissappear. I'm VERY thankful that I didn't experiment with it on my face!! :eek:

I recently bought the Avon self tanner but I haven't used it yet. I hope it works better on me than it did on plummer925. If it doesn't, I'll have to keep on searching. Has anyone ever used Tova Tan? I see it on HSN or QVC and it looks good there, but who knows how it works when you get it home.

I'm with Pam on the L'oreal Sublime Bronze. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now and I really like it. I found it at Wal-mart last week with a free "bonus" bottle included. So I got two bottles for something like $7.46

I hope this helps!!

Carla

Originally posted by plummer925
I am going to disagree with Shayronnie (sorry! :smooth: )....

I do NOT like the Avon sunless tanning lotion (I was an Avon rep until a couple weeks ago, so I wanted to use it so I could sell it...) - I'm VERY "pale" - I have a pinkish undertone, but my skin is WHITE and stays really light even if I live in the sun. So, I tried it on my arm (tested it). I showed it to a few friends and they thought I had burned myself on the stove (it was a reddish yellowish yucky color - it looked like a few-day old burn). My DH said it looked like a bruise that is in the process of healing...the "yellow grey" (his words) color...

I didn't like it - it took about a week and a half to dissappear. I'm VERY thankful that I didn't experiment with it on my face!! :eek:

That's okay, disagree. LOL I'm sorry the lotion didn't work for you. It looks great on me. I am also a pale gal myself but I have yellow undertones in my skin and hold a real tan for most of the winter. Maybe that's the difference.

Good luck in finding a product that works for you. princess:

I love Banna Boat, but the smell isn't the best. Neutrogen Moose gives a darker tan and therefore you need to watch the blending as it will leave dark marks.

I also use rubber gloves (medical type) when applying so my nails don't turn color (doesn't matter how good you wash your hands).

My DH hates it, says it makes you look dirty - me thinks he's just jealous.

Anyway, to look more natural and not overdone, I started using it again this past Saturday evening and will stop Tuesday night. We leave Thursday night.

Also, it gives great color to the face - Bananna Boat.

My vote is for neutrogena. I've used so many and I think this has the best color and least streaks. Be aware that all brands I use look a bit like I need a bath when they begin to wear off. I've found that if I don't use too frequently I don't have this problem. Also, be sure to wash off before you dress the next morning. Many of my clothes have a "suntan" on the inside!!!

Check out www.sunless.com lots of reviews and pictures! Here are the top 10: http://sunless.com/community/top_products.php
It is funny- most people on there hate Neutrogena. I love Au Courant it is $$ but a little goes a long way so it lasts a long time. I even mix it with lotion and get a good brown color. The best smelling (NO after smell) self tanning lotion I got was Beach Coconut Rum or Beach Rasberry by Strong Products but I got NO color from them! :sunny:

I just used the Banana Boat VitaSkin instant sunless tanning lotion last night. I have very fair skin and used the light/medium. I really like it! It is tinted, so you can see where you are applying it. It absorbs instantly and dries within 5 minutes. Plus, it is oil-free, so it is really good if you are prone to break outs. I applied it once and the color was not enough for me, so I reapplied a few hours later. It gave me a really natural looking tan.
:sunny:

hi there, i use Ambre Solaire no streaks bronzer, it's a spary on and works really well, no streaks.......i'm very very fair so most lool terrible on me but this is great

cami
x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter