Need recommendations for a nice resort on the beach in Destin, Panama City, Pensacola

KCS

Earning My Ears
I need recommendations for a nice resort to stay on the beach in any of these places, Destin, Panama City Beach, Penscola Beach, FL, or Orange Beach AL. My kids have to have a big nice pool!!! :)

:) Hi! There really are alot of differing resorts in Destin, Florida! You really need to know what part of Destin..close to Ft. Walton, close to Sandestin, close to 30A? If you inbox me, I'll try to help. We've been going to Destin for years, it really does depend on your budget, where you want to stay, for how long, and what's available. Sorry to be so vague...but hth's!

do Google maps of Holiday Island- Destin FL
We have stayed at 3 condos there-right on beach and very quiet-you want to get off the "main drag" -lots of traffic

At Gulf Shores/Orange Beach any of the Phoenix are really nice, we think. I believe the Phoenix 7 is the one with the lazy river. The kids loved it. hth

Try Portofino in Pensacola.
Right across a road for the beach. Easy walk or take the trolley.
Olympic sized indoor pool. Spa for mom. Two bay side outdoor pools with a bar and live music. Boat service to the boardwalk.
Each condo tower (5) has its own separate outdoor pool and hot tub.
Tennis courts. Next to a bird sanctuary, so not crowded. Onsite restaurant although we have only ever ordered food from the pool bar.
Also, blow up obstacle course on the bayside, with kayaking, surf board paddling as well (at additional cost).
We usually rent through vrbo.com, but you can rent directly from portofino as well.

www.portofinoisland.com

We have loved Holiday Inn Sunspree REsort... very fun and family friendly.. they had a water park for the kids... and DJ at the pool.. Tons of activities..

Also loved Shores of Panama .. condo for the same price as above!

We have stayed several times at Sandestin and love it. It is great for the kids if they like to bike ride. You might try VRBO and get a 2 or 3 bedroom on the beach. We have also stayed at TOPS'L right next door, but the resort isn't as big as Sandestin and not as much biking.

We stayed at a Holiday Inn on Panama City Beach for 3 nights last August. It was nice but the saying is true....Redneck Riviera. I would recommend eating at Sharkey's. Seafood was excellent.

One of our favorite beach places is "The Crescent" in Destin.

Love The Village of Baytowne Wharf on the bay at Sandestin. It reminds me of Boardwalk Inn and Boardwalk area. In PCB we've stayed in several condos, I've been booking through bookit.com the last few times. The only property I've booked through them that's been less than stellar was Sterling Reef and that was due to Maintainence that was going on. Tons of dining choices, in Destin we love McGuires Irish Pub, The Back Porch and others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter