Need recommendations for 23 year olds first time.

E

eeyoresmom

DD's boyfriend is coming with us next trip. He has never been to DW. We have been so many times, I am afraid we cannot "see the forest through the trees" ;) In your opinion, which restaurants give a great Disney experience to a first time young adult? I am thinking 'Ohana and either 50's or Sci Fi. If he were younger I would try Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace but he's a very masculine 23 year old, so they may be too much :) What do you guys think?

Does he have favorite characters? Ohana was a hit with my boyfriend(25) but he loved Lilo and stitch.

Ask him what his "Disney dream" is so to say or what he would really like to do. You may be surprised. His inner 8 yo may come out. ;)

How about 'Be Our Guest'? Very delicious and pretty darn classy for a fairy-tale themed restaurant. I bet he'd love it!

I also agree with Ohana and 50s PTC. Nice choices! I would probably skip the character meals, but then again, can't hurt to ask!

Can you ever really be too old for the Fab Five? I would do Chef Mickeys! Or try Tusker House or Garden Grill if you feel those are a little more mature. Garden Grill rotates, maybe that would be more manly!
Ohana is a great choice!
Does he have a favorite type of international food?

Beaches & Cream may be a hit. Order a kitchen sink. My adult nephew's favorite restaurant is T-Rex, but he has always been crazy about dinosaurs. My DS is 21 & he prefers signature restaurants. It's hard to guess what any individual will like, if you don't know them well.

I think for his first trip a character meal would be so cute! I would do 1900PF that way he also get to see the amazing Grand Floridian and see other characters like Mad Hatter, Alice, and more at breakfast and the step sisters, step mother and fairy god mother, Cinderella and prince charming at dinner. The step sis would probably fawn all over him which would be so cute!

Ohana or Kona would be nice as well so he can see the Polynesian Resort

I would do Sci Fi over at HS just b/c its so cool to eat in a car and watch movies

Be Our Guest would be nice for MK

Maybe have breakfast or dinner at Boma so he can see AKL

My boys are in their 30s now but in their 20s Sci Fi was definitely at the top of the list. They also LOVE Biergarten. Raglan Road at DTD is a favorite also.

They hate the antics at WCC and 50s. Well, the oldest did like WCC but the younger two did not. OHana was not a big hit.

Other than these, they prefer the signatures. Bluezoo is the favorite, they love the sushi at Kimonos and Ca Grill.

DS and DD are same age range and would be sad without: Ohanas, SciFi, Biergarden, San Angel Inn and Tony's. We ate at Whispering Canyon in the Wilderness Lodge at Christmastime and the resort and menu both rated 2 thumbs WAY up from them:thumbsup2too.

So many great choices! I agree Ohana is on the list!
WCC BBQ is manly! Love Garden Grill!! If he has a good sense of humor that Pluto, Chip and Dale were really funny when we were there…Chip snuck up behind me and was eyeing my food….so cute!

If this young man is a world traveler he may enjoy Sanaa or Jiko.

I suggest:
- Biergarten or Rose and Crown at Epcot. Biergarten is more kitschy but they have great beer and lots of guy food. Rose and Crown is a nice pub atmosphere.
- Sci Fi. The food isn't spectacular but the atmosphere is appealing.
- Ohana. All you can eat! And who doesn't love the Poly? Atmosphere is fun and the food is good too.
- I'd ask about favorite characters.
- If he is an adventurous eater, Sanaa at AKV is excellent. The viewing deck is enjoyable and the food is great.

Thanks so much for the suggestions. Didn't even think of Biergarten! Will check out the menu.

DD's boyfriend is coming with us next trip. He has never been to DW. We have been so many times, I am afraid we cannot "see the forest through the trees" ;) In your opinion, which restaurants give a great Disney experience to a first time young adult? I am thinking 'Ohana and either 50's or Sci Fi. If he were younger I would try Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace but he's a very masculine 23 year old, so they may be too much :) What do you guys think?

Sci Fi. He's 23 years old. Has he ever seen a drive in movie theatre? And there are burgers and beer (if he drinks). That says it all. The atmosphere and the burgers. Plus, he can sit with your daughter and cuddle in a car underneath the stars (make sure they sit behind you :rotfl:).

My DH was 34 when we first went and is now 37. Some favorites are
Dinner:
Ohana
Chef Mickey
Garden grill
Liberty tree tavern

Breakfast
Tusker house.

Honestly I would say get him involved as well. We love character meals and are 30 & 37 now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter