Need recommendations for 1 ADR

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
Hi - I've been to DL a couple times but just for the day when I would come to CA for work. And, it was always solo. I'm taking my family in June (me, DH, 2 teen kids). We're very excited for our first official DL experience. We don't usually do a lot of ADRs even when we're at WDW. We'll just do 2 or 3 for a whole week. We will be spending 3 nights at DL (as part of a 2 week CA vacation with lots of stops) and will be staying at DL Hotel. I'm looking for 1 nice restaurant experience for us while we're there. Preferably in one of the parks but willing to do Downtown Disney or one of the hotels if that's our best option. I'm not necessarily looking for something 5 star. Not because of the price. But, I'm looking for something with good food, cool ambiance, something memorable and unique. I've thought about Blue Bayou which looks fun but I hear mixed things about the food. Would also be interested in even a nice lounge if it's good food and a fun experience. Thanks for any recommendations!

Blue Bayou is definitely up there. And really cool if you get a table by the water. We went last November and we were all SHOCKED that the best food of our trip was Blue Bayou. I know, I know I still can't believe it!! (btw, Napa Rose and Carthay Circle were our other dinner ADRs.)

Lamplight Lounge. It is really a unique place with a fun menu.

Carthay still has a soft spot as it is typically my #1 go to.

I say look at the menus and see which one your family would be most excited to try.

We are going in march, and we have the following ADR's (I may cancel some), but I would say these are my favorites:

Goofy's Kitchen Dinner (start with characters)
Cafe Orleans dinner (my fave)
Oga's Cantina bar (not for the food)
Lamplight Lounge lunch (always cool experience, lobster nachos!)
Tortilla Jo's dinner (first time here, may cancel this one)
Carthay Circle dinner (my second fave)
Storytellers Breakfast (end with characters)
GCH Craftsman Bar Lunch (first time here, looks cool, may cancel this one too)
Trader Sam's Bar (not for the food)

I would have gone to carnation cafe (probably instead of Tortilla Jo's), but they don't have dinner. Maybe they will start up dinner again.

We are going in march, and we have the following ADR's (I may cancel some), but I would say these are my favorites:

Goofy's Kitchen Dinner (start with characters)
Cafe Orleans dinner (my fave)
Oga's Cantina bar (not for the food)
Lamplight Lounge lunch (always cool experience, lobster nachos!)
Tortilla Jo's dinner (first time here, may cancel this one)
Carthay Circle dinner (my second fave)
Storytellers Breakfast (end with characters)
GCH Craftsman Bar Lunch (first time here, looks cool, may cancel this one too)
Trader Sam's Bar (not for the food)

I would have gone to carnation cafe (probably instead of Tortilla Jo's), but they don't have dinner. Maybe they will start up dinner again.
Craftsman Bar is really fantastic. Great food, great vibe, great drinks, small restaurant outside … can’t beat it!

Agree with Lamplight (love the brunch, but any time is great) or Craftsman's (Get there from DCA exit to the Grand and it's right there)!

Blue Bayou has BEST atmosphere but the food is not great for the cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter