• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need recommendation for a FAN that cools best!

PoohJen

<font color=green>Willing to share a Mickey Bar?<b
Reaching out to my respected DISsers!

My office connects to a smaller, not-well-ventilated office. The AC is controlled via thermostat in my office. As luck would have it, I am naturally always cold and my colleague is naturally always sweating hot. I can't stand to have the AC constantly blowing (with me in sweaters) all summer, but otherwise her office gets stuffy and just doesn't cool down. She has a few small, relatively-ineffective fans in her office to help. I really want to reduce the AC in my office, and so would like to buy for her use a powerful fan that might make a real difference in her office.

Any recommended models?:confused3

TIA!:thumbsup2

Can you switch offices?

Our office A/C doesn't work very well, and only really cools one office (not mine :( ) . I have a small table top fan that seems to help a lot, but it only blows room temperature air around, which makes me feel cooler, but does not cool down the room. I am not sure any kind of fan will help unless it is drawing air from the cooler office in to the warmer one.

Check out Vornado fans. I have a small one about a foot tall that will cool a large room. Amazingly efficient and I seem to recall they have a long warranty.:)

Check out Vornado fans. I have a small one about a foot tall that will cool a large room. Amazingly efficient and I seem to recall they have a long warranty.:)

I use one of those to draw cool air from the air-conditioned house into my work area, which used to be the garage. Works great!

Instead of getting her a fan, why not get you a little space heater? Thats what some cubicle people do here.

Instead of getting her a fan, why not get you a little space heater? Thats what some cubicle people do here.

That's what I did when I worked. My office was always cold so I had a heater under my desk and I kept a sweater in there just in case I needed that too. There is nothing worse than being hot so I wouldn't turn the air off on my co worker, and a fan is just not the same.

Thanks y'all for the suggestions. :)

Ironically, I have a space heater for the winter, which she has lent me, b/c she doesn't want me to crank the heat. We try to accommodate each other. But in this instance, it's not just the temp but the noise. My work is pretty cerebral and I hate the constant noise of the a/c cutting on. :p Yep, high maintenance.

Thanks for the vornado recommendation; she could draw cooler air from the hallway, which is on a different unit, it seems. Someone else at work recommended that brand this morning as well. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter