• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need recipe for homemade applie pie that I can freeze!

bas71873

DIS Veteran
DD9 wants to go apple picking this fall. We are not huge apple eaters, but my DH LOVES apple pie so I thought we'd pick apples with that in mind. But, I would like to try a tried & true (and YUMMY) recipe that's homemade, but that I can make ahead of time and freeze so I can cook it later (thinking one now and one at Thanksgiving). Anyone have a good recipe they can share!

DD9 wants to go apple picking this fall. We are not huge apple eaters, but my DH LOVES apple pie so I thought we'd pick apples with that in mind. But, I would like to try a tried & true (and YUMMY) recipe that's homemade, but that I can make ahead of time and freeze so I can cook it later (thinking one now and one at Thanksgiving). Anyone have a good recipe they can share!

You can just make the filling now and freeze it, then make the pie crust when you are ready to have the pie. When I make apple pie, I don't even use a recipe for the filling. I just slice my apples, mix them with cinnamon and sugar and some lemon juice. You can do that and then just freeze it in a ziploc bag. When it's time to make the pie make the crust (I usually use the premade Pillsbury one that comes rolled up), dump the apples in and bake.

http://frugalliving.about.com/od/freezingfoods/qt/Freezing_Apples.htm

I always use Pillsbury Pie Crust. I basically make the filling by peeling and slicing the apples. Combine them with some cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and a splash of lemon juice. Put everything in the pie crust, put the top crust on and wrap and freeze until ready.

I never measure and it comes out fi e everytime.

Good luck!

Memories! My Grandma always had pies in the deep freeze when we came to visit.

I make my pies like I always do, homemade crust. Wrap them in foil and freeze unbaked. They cook in the normal time, about an hour, when I'm ready for them. I use a metal pie plate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter