Need reassurances please,...I'm a little nervous

IluvKingLouis

DIS Veteran
We leave Sat. for WDW. This will be our ninth trip there, but first on property. I just got off Trip Advisor reading up on CBR and I'm a little scared. Rooms that smell like cigarettes, not too clean, toilets that don't flush and awful food court. We're spending our first 3 nights at ASMu, and that's not even a mod! I'm funny about "clean", amenities aren't quite as important, but I really don't want to be stuck in a dirty and/or smelly hotel. :scared:

Thanks for any words of comfort :)

Hi Elaine! We had talked about a Melbourne Beach restaurant recently! Hope all is well! I am excited for you that you are staying on property. I have to tell you, I have NO INTEREST in going to WDW if not staying on property. I hope you like it as much as we do!

About CBR...I have never stayed there, so I can't give you firsthand experience. You can see in my siggy every place I have stayed and I have heard bad reviews of every one of them. While I do prefer some of the resorts more than others, I can honestly say that I, personally, have never had a problem w/room cleanliness. And every resort I have stayed at, I have read HORROR stories about some of the things you listed.

Soooo...if you do not like your room, call and and have it changed. If you feel very strongly about the resort, switch to another mod. We loved POR and CSR.

I am sure you will have a great trip. Can't wait to hear all about it!:banana:

We stayed there years ago and loved it. It was our first trip to Disney. If you are unhappy with your room, ask to move. I have known several people that have done this. One was because the person just didn't like the resort itself. I was at the Boardwalk and the toilet over flowed, they got us out and the next day we were upgraded to a wonderful Boardwalk view ( totally worth the little flood). Yes, things can happen. I think more often than not, they do not. Try not to read too much into what you have read in the reports. I have read reviews on resorts that people have dearly loved, and I haven't felt the same way. You will have a great time, set your mood for it. Have fun!

I am rolling on the floor laughing. The ONE complaint I think I have NEVER heard about Disney is toliets that don't flush. Most of the complaints are about Disney's TURBO Toliets that sound like they are flushing the entire room. (Disney does plumbing in the MOST industrial way)

I have stayed at CBR numerous times and love it there. IMHO the food court is the same as at all the others, it's a food court your basic fast food with a few extras.

Trip Advisor usually has the extremes - people who've had really good or really bad experiences. You don't hear from the bulk of people who have had perfectly acceptable experiences.

We stayed at CBR on our first trip and really liked it. We requested, and got, a non-smoking room that smelled clean. And our toilet worked! We thought the food in the food court was fine and enjoyed the pool. We have fond memories of CBR.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Wildernesslodgelover, it's nice to hear from you again. I really enjoyed our Melbourne conversation. :goodvibes

This is also our very first trip without a car, so I think I'm feeling like I could be "stuck" in a yucky room. But you are all correct; we can easily request another room or resort if we needed too.

Thanks again! You guys are the best.

I've recently learned that they sit down and assign rooms a few days prior to guests arriving. Special requests and guaranteed requests (such as a non-smoking room to those with allergies) are handled at that time. While I would never advise anyone to "fudge" on the truth :goodvibes citing an allergy to smoke would remedy any possible problems with room assignment... After all, if a non-smoker's eyes turn red in the presence of smoke, that is an allergic reaction - or so I have always been led to believe.

Enjoy CBR, it's a beautiful resort. Having stayed there (across the main bridge from the food court and shops) I can recommend it highly!

Elaine,
Relax we went there 2 years and we had no problems, it was a very nice atmosphere and had no problems with the room or ammenities. Its Disney, if theres a problem go down to the desk and explain, I really don't think you have anything to worry about though. make sure ypou request a smoke free room. We had no problems with the food court, it is what it is a food court, quick and easy. Enjoy your trip.......:banana: :banana: :banana:

Truth is, I am actually very allergic to smoke (I do have asthma). I'm certain I requested a nonsmoking at the time of booking (for me it's a knee jerk reaction), ....maybe I should double check.

DW and I stayed there in October 2006 and had a blast.

Our room was smoke free and beautiful. Everything worked fine, Mousekeeping was great (left several towel animals) and efficient.

We were in Jamaica, so had a short trip across the bridge to the main building.

Check into boat and bike rental. We did both and had a great time.

Let us all know how your trip goes.

We were there a few years ago & loved it!

As other have mentioned, if there is something wrong with your room, you could ask to be moved. Our room was in Trinidad North - not too bad of a walk to the food court (which was fine BTW). The only complaint I could see one having is if they minded a long walk & were assigned a room in Trinidad South or Barbados. Since we visited there, I think you can now pay for a preferred room location & avoid that.

I think you will have a blast!!

We were there in Nov/Dec. Relax, our room was clean. The Food Court was good. We'd stay there again!!

Trip Advisor usually has the extremes - people who've had really good or really bad experiences. You don't hear from the bulk of people who have had perfectly acceptable experiences.

Are you suggesting that Trip Advisor selects which reports and reviews to remove off of their site and which to keep by their own bias opinion?

I have never stayed there but I can tell you that they will GUARANTEE you a nonsmoking room if you have asthma/allergies. I have asthma and so does my dd..and it says right on our reservation that it is a nonsmoking room. :) When I callled the other day the CM also told me to call 5 days before to make sure that is what we got if I was REALLY worried about it. I hope you have a great trip!!

We were just at the CBR in Dec., and everything was clean...including our room and the foodcourt. The grounds, as usual, were beautiful. Two of the foodcourt slots were not opended, but there was still plenty to choose from. We loved taking our trays outside and eating under the tropically-colored umbrellas by the water.

Have a great time!:goodvibes

CBR is beautiful. You must not have seen MY Trip Advisor review of it!

Try this -- look up Trip Advisor reviews of almost any other Disney resort or just any old hotel anywgerem and you'll see the same smattering of bad reviews and horror stories.

MANY horror stories I read about CBR before I stayed there were simply the result of VERY unrealistic expectations ... like the guy who was completely outraged that the monorail didn't serve CBR ... or that the rooms were unacceptably small (CBR's rooms are the largest of any of the moderates) ... or it's lack of room service except for pizza ... and so on. People who expect too much are going to be disappointed.

And as far as smoking rooms. CBR has 33 buildings, and exactly ONE is a smoking building (I believe it's Aruba 51), so the odds are way in your favor of getting a non-smoking room.

I hope you will love CBR as much as I already do.:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter