Need REAL help with adrs

mboss1

Earning My Ears
Ok,
My family (me,husband,son2 1/2 and daughter 1) will be at the Poly for a week in Nov. We purchased the dining plan for the two of us and I have NO idea where to start to pick our TS restaurants.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE some ideas. My kids will be young when we go so I would probably be looking for entertainment as well as good food for us...my son is not a big eater and my daughter will only be 1 at the time.

Can anyone help me out with picking some fun restaurants for my kids??

Thank you!!
Meg
:confused3 :surfweb: :headache:

I

If your son likes Pooh you should definitely go to the Crystal Palace in MK. I have done lunch and dinner and they were both my favorite buffets. My DH and 5 year old DD love Chef Mickeys for dinner at the Contemporary for both the food and the character interaction. I think the buffet isn't as good as the Crystal Palace but the characters and the atmosphere are very fun. The Kona Cafe at the Polynesian has very good food but there isn't any characters with the meals. There is a character breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at the Polynesian which might also be fun for your DS. My DH isn't a morninig person so we haven't done any of the character breakfasts.

I will leave all the character meal recommendations to others - my kids have always been leery of the big characters, the food is nothing special IMO, and they're just not our thing. So here's a non-character meal recommendation: Boma (at AKL). Great and interesting (but not too exotic or weird) food, there are standard American options for your kids (who will eat free), and AKL is a stunning place to look around. Allow time before or after dinner to view the animals on the savanna (they're not viewable from the restaurant itself).

Coral Reef might be another good one.

Ok,
My family (me,husband,son2 1/2 and daughter 1) will be at the Poly for a week in Nov. We purchased the dining plan for the two of us and I have NO idea where to start to pick our TS restaurants.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE some ideas. My kids will be young when we go so I would probably be looking for entertainment as well as good food for us...my son is not a big eater and my daughter will only be 1 at the time.

Can anyone help me out with picking some fun restaurants for my kids??

Thank you!!
Meg
:confused3 :surfweb: :headache:

I

I'd mix it up with kids that age and "over book" your meals. If you have 6 TS credits per person, schedule 8 meals, allowing yourself the ability to cancel if it doesn't work out for you to make a meal or two. ( just call disney dining from the hotel or from a "house" phone at any park and let them know that you want to cancel- even the same day will allow for a guest to "walk- up" to your reservation. ) If you end up not missing anything, then you can cancel at the end of the week or pay out of pocket for a couple meals.

How are your little ones with costumed characters? Santa? The easter bunny? If they freak out, then you may want to think twice about overloading the character meals. If they seem to be ok w/ them, then character meals are a great idea for you because your kids eat free at them.

Chef Mickey (mickey and friends)for an early dinner, Crystal Palace (pooh and friends) for dinner, Hollywood and Vine (Play house disney characters) for breakfast or lunch), Garden Grill (chip n dale) @ Epcot for a family style meal.

You may enjoy Boma, Ohana, Cape May, Park Fare or even the new buffet at the Animal Kingdom at Tusker House.

You could throw a couple traditional sit down meals in there too- whispering canyon, 50s Prime Time Cafe, Kona Cafe, Concourse Steakhouse, le Cellier, Coral Reef.

We like buffets/family style places when our kids are little- it's easier because we can get the food nearly instantly- they eat free and we can get in and out quickly if necessary, or we can linger if it's working.

If I had to plan 6 TS meals for a family of 2 adults and 2 toddlers staying at the Poly, I'd go with
Chef Mickey dinner (characters)
Crystal Palace Lunch (characters)
Ohana dinner (interactive, family style)
Boma dinner OR new character buffet at AK breakfast or lunch
Coral Reef or le Cellier late lunch or early dinner (depending on family's tastes)
Kona Cafe (breakfast or dinner depending on family's taste's and preferences)

read the restaurant threads DAILY.

allearsnet.com has a very user friendly set up of all the menus. Look over the TS you are considering.

I made my selections by noticing which restaurants seem to get good reviews over & over...and I looked at menus & pics if available. My kids never liked characters much, and said once (on DCL) was enough.

SOOO I picked based on what looked good to me! (the benefits of being the planner). I told the kids & have been showing them pics of where we are eating & they are very excited.

I picked Boma, Kona, Ohanas, Le Cellier, Le Chef de France, W. Pucks Cafe (DH & I only), Narcoosees (Mom & I only).

Good luck!

We're going with one toddler (2 1/2 year old son) on the dining plan in September, and we're doing a mix of restuarants that we think he will like and we will like.

Coral Reef - I would put this as a must try on your list. Seriously, how can you miss with a giant fish tank? Nothing scary, no characters, and pretty fish to watch.

Playhouse Disney Play and Dine - We're going at 11, which is officially late breakfast, although I've heard they sometimes let you nibble on lunch, too. Our son adores bacon and Little Einsteins, so I figure we can't go wrong.

California Grill - This is 2 tableservice credits, but I think it is completely worth it. Yes, it is upscale, but there are lots of kids there and you shouldn't feel out of place. The view is of the Magic Kingdom, and if you hang around until fireworks, it is just about the best view you can have. Just remember to get an early reservation, because a lot of people stay at their table forever, hoping to wait it out until fireworks.

I've heard a lot of people like both Boma and Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Good food and you can go outside before or after the meal and look at the animals.

Our son adores bacon and Little Einsteins, so I figure we can't go wrong.
Mine, too! :rotfl:

OP, I would really recommend the 'Ohana character breakfast at the Poly. It features Lilo and Stitch, Mickey and Pluto, and is a very nicely done family style meal. If your kids like breakfast foods, it would be a good pick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter