Need prayers and good thoughts for Kevin's Mom today * Update 5/8/11*

Knowing my Mom as well as we do, we are certain that she would not want to continue on in this manner.

As others who have had to face this can attest, you walk a thin line between what you want and what is best for the person you love.

Nothing in life prepares you for this.

There is great wisdom reflected in these few sentences.

While we all hope for our loved ones to be with us for ever we eventually must face reality. One wonders where we ever get the strength to do so.

Kevin,

When my dad was dying and I didn't think I could face one more decision, a friend who had recently lost her husband told me, "You're stronger than you think you are." I repeated that to myself over and over through the last few months of my dad's life and it did help me to get through it.

What you're going through is so hard. You've got hundreds of people praying for you. Be strong-we're behind you holding you up.

Lynn

Acceptance that we cannot always control our situation is a very difficult thing but acceptance leads to peace.

May love and peace surround you, your Mom, John and the rest of your family.

Each and every day is a gift we share with those we love.

Big hugs!!!

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

As others who have had to face this can attest, you walk a thin line between what you want and what is best for the person you love.

I agree 100%. Much love to you and your family. I think of you all every day. May you all find some time of peace as you work through things. :hug:

I have been checking daily . . . okay - who am I kidding, hourly . . . for updates. I was so hoping to hear better news. You, John and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Kevin,

I have never had to deal with anything like this, but just the thought of what you are going through brings me to tears. I am so sorry to hear this news. I was hoping for a better outcome. I continue to pray for you and your family.

We're so sorry to hear that there's not any better news for you Kevin - be assured we are very much thinking of you. Sue and Kate x

I know what a hard time this is for you. Your Mom and all of your family remain in my prayers. As you said, even when you KNOW it is how your Mom wants things to be done, it is hard to what she wants to be done not what you want to do to keep her around longer.

:grouphug:

Kim

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to give you all an update.

My Mom's condition has not changed much since my last update.

While she has "perked up" a bit since last Monday, her condition has not improved.

It seems that there are so many life threatening issues to conquer and her condition is so weakened, that there is little hope of a recovery.

We are being asked to consider surgery that may prolong her life, but not increase the quality of her life, which at this point is very poor. There is also the possibility that this surgery could cause even greater and more painful problems.

Knowing my Mom as well as we do, we are certain that she would not want to continue on in this manner.

:hug:

Kevin,
We will keep everyone in our thoughts and prayers.

There is not much more that I can add that hasn't already been said by all these wonderful people.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom, John and all your family. The love you have for each other will help you get through this and we'll all be here, sending you prayers, good thoughts and good vibes to help you gain strength in the days to come.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter