Need Poly Help!!

t2simon

<font color=blue>Proud Mom of Buzz Lightyear Jr
I will be leaving in 8 1/2 days (YIPEE!!!) and I need to fax a longhouse request. I have LV (Not Concierge) ressies, but, which longhouse? I was thinking Tokelau since Tahiti will still be concierge then (Darn!). I have studied Tikiman's site, and I don't want to be near Luau cove, as it might be too noisy when the show is on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

we stayed in Tokelau #3942 last Thanksgiving and I loved it.. we overlooked the quiet pool, which was quiet when I shut my balcony doors. we were in a great location, quick walk to the TTC which we did many times, and not too far from the GCH/monorail. The only thing I regret was not walking down to the beach to see the parade the one night we were actually in our room.

Enjoy the resort... I wish I was back there!!! Have fun!

Well at this time, there are only three choices for LV, not concierge. There are certain rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors of Aotearoa, the 1st and 2nd floors of Tuvalu, and the end six rooms of Tokelau (1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors on the north end of the building on each side).

The 1st and 2nd floors of Tuvalu have great Magic Kingdom views. They are close to Luau Cove, but great views. Some of the Lagoon view rooms in Aotearoa are great MK views. Some are more a view of the lagoon with the Grand Floridian in the background. The rooms at the end of Tokelau have views of either the lagoon and the Grand Floridia or the lagoon and the Contemporary. To see the Magic Kingdom, you will have to go out onto the balcony or patio. But Tokelau is a building with great location.

We are not going until May, but have booked the Land/Sea package and am not sure what kind of room we get with a Category 7We are going with a 3 year old and need something with a nice view, not too noisy but close to the TTC. . How do you find out the availability of rooms?

Tuvalu, First floor gets our vote....lagoon view, Cinderella's castle, fireworks from the patio, then parade....aaahhhh
We didn't notice any noise at all from the luau....just the ducks, knocking on the sliding glass door:D

Does a first floor room have a balcony. I tend to not like first floors because of all the people walking by. Can you get a 2nd floor at Tuvalu with a lagoon view and balcony? How should I go about requesting a room.

Originally posted by smlev
Does a first floor room have a balcony. I tend to not like first floors because of all the people walking by. Can you get a 2nd floor at Tuvalu with a lagoon view and balcony? How should I go about requesting a room.

first floor rooms have patio's. slider doors that go right out to the grass, some are secluded and slightly covered with shrubs, bushes, etc., but for the most part, you can see out and people can see in as they're walking by.. but they're not walking RIGHT in front of your patio, there are winding paths a few feet away from your patio.

This is a link to Steve's site concerning Tuvalu... but check out the rest of his site too if you haven't already. it's great!!! http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/tuvalu.html

I printed out everything when I was trying to decide which longhouse to request, we were in Tokelau #3942 and loved it.
I faxed my request in 4 days before, asking for a non-smoking 2nd or 3rd floor room with a balcony, preferably in Tokelau or Tahiti (which at the time was not concierge). Put your requests in the most important order, for us, it was non-smoking, 2nd was a balcony on the 2nd or 3rd floor. I also included in my fax, that I knew they couldn't guarantee my request, but appreciated what they could do for me....

Good Luck!

We stayed LV in Tuvalu. We were on the first floor. There is no sidewalk between your patio and Seven Seas Lagoon for people to walk by your room. So, other than maybe neighboring guests venturing out onto the narrow strip of lawn, you'll have alot of privacy. No noise from the luau that we remember.

We also stayed 1st and 3rd Floor LV (at a GV price way back when!) in Aotearoa. It was our first trip to WDW and I can remember saying to my wife that the Polynesian must have made a mistake because we paid for GV and "WE CAN SEE THE CASTLE!!! (I got all teary eyed - now that was Disney magic!) The view was similar to that of Tuvalu, but you will hear the drum beats from the luau. (not loud enough to wake our then toddler son).

Keep in mind that you will not have the best view of the castle as there are some islands that block the view across the lagoon.

Have a great time!

I think I am only entitled to a garden view with the package I booked. (land/sea category 7) Does anyone have suggestions for a garden view with much of the benefits of a lagoon view? WE would really like a balcony.

Last June we stayed in Figi with a balcony overlooking the marina. This was a garden view. We stayed on 3rd floor and could see the backside of the volcano pool, the marina, the boats arriving and leaving for the MK and we could see the Contemporary and the monorail entering and leaving the CR. The building was close to the GCH and not far to the pool. It was also pretty quiet. The other side of the building faced towards the Luau and looked toward the GF and beach.

jtjcwise, do you happen to remember your room number. Is the Fiji close to the TTC?

Terk1 - looks like a 1st floor room, do they also have 2nd & 3rd floor garden rooms with balconies?

The room I had was on the first floor and had a patio. The 2nd & 3rd floor rooms had a balcony. This room was second from the end of the hallway (closest to the beaches). The room on either side had pretty much the same view, but the rest were more of the quiet pool. The other side faces the Tahiti building.

Terk-1

I see that you are returning to Wlderness Lodge, do you prefer it to the Poly?

I ended up staying at the Polynesian by pure luck on my last visit. I was scheduled to stay at the Caribbean Beach, but they had closed it when I was going to be there to finish with the refurbishment and offered me the Polynesian for $20 more than what I had booked the CB for (which ended up being $109/night). I did enjoy me stay at the Polynesian, especially walking out to the beach at night and viewing the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom. My last stay at the WL was only for a couple of days and I really did not get the chance to enjoy this resort as much as I would have liked. The reason for the upcoming stay was that I was able to get it under the AP rate (which was a very good rate). I think after staying at the Polynesian and at the WL, I'm getting a little spoiled. I do like the WL and the fact that I can get it at a discounted rate. I also like that it is not so spread out as some of the other resorts are, as well as the boat option to the MK & Contemporary (then grab the monorail to the TTC & EPCOT).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter