• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need planning help!!!!

Renting offsite was a thought I had as well dependent upon what you are actually looking at experience-wise for Disney. 7Br would definitely give you space! You'll need to rent 2- 7-plus passenger vehicles while there and that could easily be around a 800-1K for both if you have any discounts or belong to a rental car frequent renter program. Still bringing you well below your budget and you will need to pay for parking at the parks. This would also give you the opportunity for different members in your part to go to different parks (if you had 2 vehicles) which is something you can do when you stay on property because of Disney Transportation. Once you make that choice...on or off property, then you need to get your park tickets. Undercover Tourist has Disney tickets. You can get them from AAA and Disney itself. You wouldn't need to get the meal plan if you have a large home with a full kitchen because you can eat there. Not sure about how you feel about that...some don't cook on vacation, but breakfasts are a no brainer and not much fuss. Hamburgers on the Grill are easy at the end of the day. Just a few thoughts.

you could also do YES tickets for the kids as long as there's a class available during your time period and that allows you to buy tickets for the whole family as well. They save about $150/ticket for an 8 day hopper so that's a big savings as well. (based on 2012 pricing 2013 schedule isn't out yet) The kids would be enrolled in a class at one of the parks and you'd get 8 days of park tickets with hopping option. At WDW the 8 day hopper is 355 for adults and 337 for kids 3-9 with YES it's 203 (prob slight increase for 2013). That would save you over $1800 in tickets alone. Hopefully you could get a room discount if you stayed on property then just pay OOP for food.

to OP.. i saw you mentioned Universal studios. hopefully you are not thinking part of wdw. disney's is hollywood studios. Hopefully you werent thinking UniStu is part of wdw.

Just wanted to make sure you were clear on that.....

OK-WE ARE BOOKED!!!!! Thanks so much for all the help, my daughter and I got the resort booked tonight as well as some dining reservations that were important to the kiddos!!!! I have our flights on hold, just wanted to confirm our resort reservations first!!!!! Got the tickets, the park hopper and the dining plan!!!! Whewwwww!!!!! We don't have our complete agenda yet, but at least the important parts are booked, SO EXCITED!!!!!!! Now... How many days til we leave...only 178!!!!!!! Lol can't wait to keep going to all the posts and taking notes!!!!!

OK-WE ARE BOOKED!!!!! Thanks so much for all the help, my daughter and I got the resort booked tonight as well as some dining reservations that were important to the kiddos!!!! I have our flights on hold, just wanted to confirm our resort reservations first!!!!! Got the tickets, the park hopper and the dining plan!!!! Whewwwww!!!!! We don't have our complete agenda yet, but at least the important parts are booked, SO EXCITED!!!!!!! Now... How many days til we leave...only 178!!!!!!! Lol can't wait to keep going to all the posts and taking notes!!!!!

details! Where are you staying?

We are staying at the AoA-booked the family suite (Nemo) for us and 2 standard rooms (little mermaid) for our daughters and SIL's!!!! We booked one dinner for Chef Mickeys, one for Cinderella's round table, one BBQ dinner show at Ft. Wilderness and then a character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. Now that we booked those we are figuring out which parks to go to on which days working around the reservations. We are soooooo excited!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter