Need Pin Trading pep-talk

Discussion in 'Disney Collectors Board' started by Musicalmommy, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Musicalmommy

Musicalmommy Earning My Ears

Scrappers, Wobbly posts, and Missing backs, oh my!

What else do I need to know?

First time pintrading family. Kids are 3,5, and 7. We have lanyards, but need pins. Was going to ebay a set, but now I am afraid.

ISO of 9 to 12 pins to get us started. 17 days until we leave.

2. pixiewings71

pixiewings71 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Sweet!!! Totally!!!!

Use the super thread on eBay to find a safe seller, buy twice as many pins as you think you'll need and trade away. Try not to worry too much about scrappers, every good trader has at least one (we have a lot more than just one LOL), trade with CM's and friendly pin traders who do it as a hobby not as a money maker and enjoy yourselves. Pin trading is fun.

3. GoofyMB

GoofyMB Mouseketeer

What I have found best works for me is to trade for something you want/like and don't worry about scrappers. I know they exist and I am in it for the enjoyment. If I worry if a pin is real or not then that takes away from my enjoyment. I will say that I don't enjoy when i get something that is an obvious scrapper. But I figure if I can't tell without researching then I am OK with it. I won't say I don't care but it's the old what I don't know doesn't bother me. Remember that it is suppossed to be fun.

4. SupernaturalMommy

SupernaturalMommy Mouseketeer

The above posts are both great advice. I think we all have scrappers. I am more well versed in spotting them than my kids are, so I am more selective when I trade, but if I see something I love, I trade for it and if it turns iout to be a scrapper, oh well. It makes a nice place holder in my pin books until I find the real thing. My son, on the other hand, I let trade for anything his little heart desires. My daughter too, but she only trades for "cuties", "nerds" and Minnie Mouse. It's about having fun. Some people buy scrappers to trade for legit pins to sell for profit. Watch out for those, especially if they are asking you to go into a store and buy you a pin in exchange for that suspect pin.