Need physical address to write to Disney

snackyx

Mouseketeer
I would like to send a letter to Disney concerning the discontinuation of the "no expiration" park passes. It may be an exercise in futility, but I would like to get it off my chest. E-mails get very little attention, but a written letter usually finds someone's eyeballs. Does anyone have the address I would send this to?

I have found that emails get answered much quicker. There is an entire team dedicated to the GR email. On the other hand any physical address you write to will be 1 singular person and it is possible the letter will just get lost in the pile so to speak. I've always received a response to my emails when there was an issue (one I sent and one my fiance sent from 2 different trips years apart).

Here you go.

Mr. George Kalogridis
President, Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

And yes, it is an exercise in futility. That doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.

If you email guest communications with your issues someone WILL contact you back in a few days. Last time I wrote I also just wanted to vent about something and I didn't even include a phone number but they looked me up and called.

My son used to be part of the Guest Comm. team, that answered and responded to these emails. I can assure you, they read each and every one (and boy, have I heard stories) and will respond. But, I do understand your desire to write an old fashioned letter. Please come back and let us know what happened!

I would like to send a letter to Disney concerning the discontinuation of the "no expiration" park passes. It may be an exercise in futility, but I would like to get it off my chest. E-mails get very little attention, but a written letter usually finds someone's eyeballs. Does anyone have the address I would send this to?
Write the letter if you must but the question I have is why is it such an issue that you're putting so much emotion and energy into it. They way to make the point is to vote with your feet and dollars.

Write the letter if you must but the question I have is why is it such an issue that you're putting so much emotion and energy into it. They way to make the point is to vote with your feet and dollars.

It's a two-pronged strategy: Feet and dollars, AND direct communication to insure that someone knows I am already voting with my feet and dollars. "Emotion and energy"? That might be a bit strong.

It's a two-pronged strategy: Feet and dollars, AND direct communication to insure that someone knows I am already voting with my feet and dollars.
And that's fine, but here's the thing.

Disney doesn't particularly care if you (or I) individually come to WDW to spend our vacation dollars. The only thing that matters to them is how many guests come and how much each of those guests contributes to the bottom line. If a change in ticket pricing models (a) increases the average amount that an individual pays to get in the door each day and (b) doesn't decrease the number of guests who come in, then the change is a good one for Disney. It doesn't matter if it no longer works for you (or I) because we've been replaced by people who pay more.

This change has been in place for a year and a half at this point, and has not been undone. That tells me that Disney believes that both (a) and (b) are true.

In fact, Iger is even on record stating that (b) doesn't necessarily have to be true, as long as (a) more than makes up for it. In a recent earnings call he said:

"We like the steps we've taken in terms of pricing," he said. "We've taken a number of steps … to essentially grow revenue, in some cases actually at the expense of some attendance." Iger said the company is "changing our pricing approach, sometimes in part to moderate attendance so the park experience is a little bit better, but all designed with the effect of essentially raising revenue."​

Years ago, the first time I came to grips with the realization that Disney doesn't really care about me, it was unpleasant. After all, Disney is in the business of selling happiness. But, that's not the same thing as Disney wants me, specifically, to be happy. Accepting that reality makes the company a lot easier to deal with.

Didn't the non-expiration tickets go away over a year ago now? I'm just wondering why it is now that you want to write a letter now over that. Seems like it would have been better received when it first happened. Seems like you are a DVC owner so they would also assume you stay up on changes to the parks since you have a timeshare in the Orlando based hotels.

Didn't the non-expiration tickets go away over a year ago now? I'm just wondering why it is now that you want to write a letter now over that. Seems like it would have been better received when it first happened. Seems like you are a DVC owner so they would also assume you stay up on changes to the parks since you have a timeshare in the Orlando based hotels.

OK--you win. I won't write.

OK--you win. I won't write.

Sorry I wasn't trying to win. I was just wondering why now? I just can't see them changing or even saying that was the straw that broke you since it happened so long ago. If you want to write go ahead. I originally just said that I think emails do actually get responses more often then letters so it seems like a better option if you really want to be heard.

It's a two-pronged strategy: Feet and dollars, AND direct communication to insure that someone knows I am already voting with my feet and dollars. "Emotion and energy"? That might be a bit strong.
I don't think it's strong at all, just posting a complaint on here at this point is likely too much energy. As noted, it's not about what it costs you or I but what the return, risk and loss is to them. Their job is to maximize profits, if they are overly aggressive in this area it'll be obvious to them. We don't have the right to tell them how to run their business but do have the right to play in their sandbox or not. Unless you're going to sell DVC and not go, not just threaten as we usually see here for such matters, letting them know that and why is reasonable. What will get their attention, and really the only thing, is if it affects profits and visitation. Currently there are too many people at times anyway that they're trying to figure out how to spread them out and not have all of them at the parks, esp on busier days. I voted the other way, I went out and bought some extra tickets which I haven't even touched yet.

I think it's a correct strategy - just walking away tells them nothing. I'm for telling them as an FYI.

And by all accounts Disney is not at all happy with a decreased attendance. Of course by all accounts they are blaming it on the poor economies in some of their important markets such as Brazil but I think Universal just posted increased numbers and MCO had increased traffic. I think a fair amount of people may be talking with their feet with Disney. It's a subject that comes up with us for consideration.

I voted the other way, I went out and bought some extra tickets which I haven't even touched yet.

Dean: I wish I had done the same. I was out of the Disney/ticket loop for a few years as I still had no expirations days from 10 day Park Hoppers purchased years ago. The "no more no expiration" kind of snuck up on me. We are now empty-nesters, but our kids (in their 20's) still enjoy meeting us at WDW. For my wife and myself, doing the parks is not a priority, although it would be nice to spend a day or two just traipsing around during the holidays. With the ticket platforms that are now offered, it just doesn't seem worth it. One or two days is how much for two people? ..and annual passes only make sense if you are at WDW multiple trips. We now take Disney points and head to Aulani, with WDW visits once a year over Thanksgiving.

I was out of the Disney/ticket loop for a few years as I still had no expirations days from 10 day Park Hoppers purchased years ago.
This is exactly the visitation model Disney does not want, and it's why they dropped NE. The way you and many others used NE was effectively a way to discount infrequent, short stays. Disney doesn't want to encourage that. They are happy to discount long but focused stays (via the expiring MYW model) or frequent visits (via APs), but you have to do one or the other to get a break on per-day admission.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter