Need Opinions...Should I Cancel My 8:15am BOG Reservation?

Enchanted

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! My PPO 8:15am reservation at BOG just became a regular reservation since Disney moved park opening that day from 9am to 8am. :sad2: A big reason I booked it was so that we could take a leisurely stroll down Main Street, taking pictures without feeling rushed, and then maybe get a ride in on 7DMT before the major rope drop crowds hit and/or get in line for PP without there being an hour (or more) wait. (We don't have FPs for those until our last day of the trip because I had planned the PPO breakfast and figured we'd be able to get both of them in without horrible waits.) Those plans all seem pretty much ruined now as we will now be right in the thick of rope drop when entering the park, and by the time we finish breakfast, everyone else will have been in the park for about an hour and I'd imagine the lines will be long. We've never done an 8am rope drop or EMH...how bad is it? Will the crowds be bad by 9am? Or are they normally lower than 9am rope drops?

We love dining at BOG just to sit in the ballroom, but do you think I should just cancel at this point? Or would you keep the reservation and hope for the best? Would we still be allowed to enter the park a little earlier for our reservation even though it's now for after park opening? I've only done one other PPO reservation before and that was a long time ago so I was just hoping to get the opinions of some more experienced DISers!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me! :flower3:

We had the same thing and pushed it back to 9.15 and went after rope drop and enjoying the first hour in the park.

Hi everyone! My PPO 8:15am reservation at BOG just became a regular reservation since Disney moved park opening that day from 9am to 8am. :sad2: A big reason I booked it was so that we could take a leisurely stroll down Main Street, taking pictures without feeling rushed, and then maybe get a ride in on 7DMT before the major rope drop crowds hit and/or get in line for PP without there being an hour (or more) wait. (We don't have FPs for those until our last day of the trip because I had planned the PPO breakfast and figured we'd be able to get both of them in without horrible waits.) Those plans all seem pretty much ruined now as we will now be right in the thick of rope drop when entering the park, and by the time we finish breakfast, everyone else will have been in the park for about an hour and I'd imagine the lines will be long. We've never done an 8am rope drop or EMH...how bad is it? Will the crowds be bad by 9am? Or are they normally lower than 9am rope drops?

We love dining at BOG just to sit in the ballroom, but do you think I should just cancel at this point? Or would you keep the reservation and hope for the best? Would we still be allowed to enter the park a little earlier for our reservation even though it's now for after park opening? I've only done one other PPO reservation before and that was a long time ago so I was just hoping to get the opinions of some more experienced DISers!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me! :flower3:

Oops...just wanted to say that we cancelled our BOG breakfast because Disney added extra magic am hours that start at 7:00. We did the breakfast last year, and liked it, but the added attraction of strolling down a nearly empty Main Street was kinda cool. We'll be rope droppers instead this year as we are staying on grounds.

We had the same thing and pushed it back to 9.15 and went after rope drop and enjoying the first hour in the park.

That's a good idea, if I can get a later ADR. We're less than 30 days out, so I'm not sure if I can luck into another one. I'll definitely keep trying though! Thanks for your input. :goodvibes

Oops...just wanted to say that we cancelled our BOG breakfast because Disney added extra magic am hours that start at 7:00. We did the breakfast last year, and liked it, but the added attraction of strolling down a nearly empty Main Street was kinda cool. We'll be rope droppers instead this year as we are staying on grounds.

Ugh, that's annoying. I'm sorry to hear you're in the same boat! And yes, I was just looking forward to being able to stop and take a picture or two on Main Street without fearing being run over by someone or getting in someone's way. Pretty bummed that we'll be part of the rope drop herd now, but I'm hoping to make the best of it either way. Thanks for your input! :goodvibes

I'd cancel and do rope drop instead.

Bummer when that happens! But you should be able to get LOTS done with an 8am rope drop, I think!

That's a good idea, if I can get a later ADR. We're less than 30 days out, so I'm not sure if I can luck into another one. I'll definitely keep trying though! Thanks for your input. :goodvibes

We actually only realised about 4 days before. Not sure how I missed it but decided to keep until the morning before unless I could change it and managed to move it later that day we realised. Actually had quite a lot of luck adjusting times at BOG on other days too. Was surprised!

See if you can move it to a late breakfast or early lunch. Just keep trying. Same thing happened to several people going when we went and that's what some of them did. This happens quite a bit at MK it seems.

I canceled ours, thankfully I was lucky enough to get a BOG lunch for later in the day.

I haven't heard enough good things about BOG breakfast to keep this ADR when the main reason for booking it has disappeared. I would cancel and rope drop. You should be able to do quite a bit first thing in the AM.

I'd definitely cancel. I'd book a late breakfast....not before 10am though. I want to enjoy the first 2 hours in the parks! You can get sooo much done the first 2 hours.

We were in the same boat and cancelled ours. Having said that, we've already done BOG breakfast and we are eating there for dinner during our trip. We had made the reservation for many of the same reasons you listed, so we plan to enjoy the low crowds at rope drop and added a lunch at Skipper Canteen to try that out.

I would try for a later res because breakfast at BOG is one of my fav meals at the parks, probably because it was totally unexpected!

Similar situation last trip - cancelled and lucked into a lunch ADR. Park was pretty I crowded until 10ish if I remember. Was thanksgiving week

We had the same thing happen to us. We cancelled as the only reason that I had scheduled a PPO breakfast was to get pictures of an empty main street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter