Need opinions on Wishes Dessert Party

We have done th Wishes Night Time Spectacular dessert party two times now. We love it for the convenience, view and chance to relax a bit. Dessert is just an added bonus in our opinion I recommend if u want to watch Wishes Night Time Spectacular in peace

We went last year and are doing it again this year. I made dinner reservations at The Plaza for 5:30 and I already know what I plan on eating so I have room for desserts! The observation that I would make is the overhang really is not that annoying. Yes, when we went everyone herded themselves to the railing to watch, yes, Stinkerbell flew overhead, and yes, it was a nice, well behaved crowd. No pushing, shoving, cutting in ahead of you, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I had to do some cropping of the pictures I took because of the overhang, but with the cropping they were really awesome pictures. It's a nice, albeit expensive, way to relax and enjoy the fireworks amongst a relatively small crowd, after spending the day in the parks. And who could turn down a nice cup of coffee and a chocolate dipped strawberry (or 6) while listening to Jiminey?

We are also going in June and it was a pain getting reservations. First they said they weren't taking any yet, then they were full, then they weren't taking any yet so we just kept calling till we got them!! We got a different answer every time we called.
I just don't understand why more people don't use the website for dining ADRs.

So can we book through the disney site or do I have to call?

Thanks!
I never call anymore, not unless it's something that you have to speak to a person about. I booked two different nights for the Dessert Party online. Not a problem at all. Sooooo much easier than listening to Dining reps telling me that 'oh, June hasn't opened yet. You'll have to wait a few weeks.' which is what I have heard some people say they have been told when calling.

I just don't understand why more people don't use the website for dining ADRs.

I never call anymore, not unless it's something that you have to speak to a person about. I booked two different nights for the Dessert Party online. Not a problem at all. Sooooo much easier than listening to Dining reps telling me that 'oh, June hasn't opened yet. You'll have to wait a few weeks.' which is what I have heard some people say they have been told when calling.

I totally agree! I have never called for dining adr's...the website is so simple and convenient to use, and I've had great luck securing adr's like CRT by just being persistent and checking the website often.

Glad I did it once, otherwise I'd always be wondering about doing it. That said, I doubt we'll do it again. It was nice to have an area to watch wishes in an uncrowded, relaxed environment. The desserts were good with a decent variety of options. But in the end, still not worth the price tag - especially with kids who won't eat that many of the desserts.

This mirrors my thoughts pretty closely. I am glad I did it so I know but I would not do it again.

The deserts were great but we go when it's not crowded so we've never fought crowds anyway. Our normal place to catch wishes is the bridge to Tomorrow Land, by the Rose Garden so Tink flies (when she is flying) over us anyway. And that spot is free. And not crowded.

This mirrors my thoughts pretty closely. I am glad I did it so I know but I would not do it again.

The deserts were great but we go when it's not crowded so we've never fought crowds anyway. Our normal place to catch wishes is the bridge to Tomorrow Land, by the Rose Garden so Tink flies (when she is flying) over us anyway. And that spot is free. And not crowded.

I actually prefer to watch Wishes from behind the Castle in Fantasyland anyway. I don't like to be involved with the crowds in the hub and on Main St.

Is it easy to hear the music at the party? We were there a couple weeks ago and stood right outside the dessert party by the big rocks (next to the Monsters Inc building). We had a really good view but could barely hear any of the music or Jiminy because of all the people walking by and cutting through the restaurant. I didn't mind it during the fireworks so much but really wanted to hear the music during the Celebrate the Magic castle show. I was disappointed in our spot and wished we had gone to our normal spot on the Tomorrowland bridge. So, I am just wondering if you can hear really well in the dessert party or do you hear the crowds in the restaurant and walking by? Thanks!

I actually prefer to watch Wishes from behind the Castle in Fantasyland anyway. I don't like to be involved with the crowds in the hub and on Main St.

That is an awesome place to watch the fireworks. We caught it there by accident last December and the impact of being immersed in the fireworks all around you was spectacular. Only thing we missed was the castle show. I like to see it at least once a trip if I can.

Is it easy to hear the music at the party? We were there a couple weeks ago and stood right outside the dessert party by the big rocks (next to the Monsters Inc building). We had a really good view but could barely hear any of the music or Jiminy because of all the people walking by and cutting through the restaurant. I didn't mind it during the fireworks so much but really wanted to hear the music during the Celebrate the Magic castle show. I was disappointed in our spot and wished we had gone to our normal spot on the Tomorrowland bridge. So, I am just wondering if you can hear really well in the dessert party or do you hear the crowds in the restaurant and walking by? Thanks!

I know we could hear fine. I suspect the music was piped in to make sure but you know, honestly, I can't remember if it was or not. I just remember we heard fine

We have done it once, but will not do it again. I did not think it was worth the money. Even though I live for desserts, I can just not eat that many all at once, and I didn't think they were really anything special.

I have used the site for all of my ADRs too, but I can't seem to find it on the site. I'll keep looking, though. Thanks!

I have used the site for all of my ADRs too, but I can't seem to find it on the site. I'll keep looking, though. Thanks!

You'll have to search under "dining events" and scroll to find Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party. Hope this helps!

I just booked the party for my 40th birthday on June 1st. :cool1: I am super excited. DH has serious issues with close packed crowds, like the ones on Main Street during the fireworks. I think this will be great for us, being able to stay away from the crowds, get a decent view of the show, and eat desserts! Sounds like it will be totally worth the cost for us.

We have done the desert party once. It was the best because just as the fireworks started, it started to pour. I mean cats and dogs were coming down. So we stayed dry, watched the fireworks and waited for all the crowds to clear out. When we finally left it stopped raining. It truly was the end to perfect day. It was worth more than we paid that night!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I guess my family is blessed and a bit spoiled. We have been over 5 times and now we don't enjoy Wishes without it.

I enjoy all the desserts and while we eat less now than our first time I still think that it is worth every penny. I will never get tired of seeing Tink fly over and the lack of crowds and breathing room is worth every penny.

We have had seats in the front and in the back. Not a bad seat ever. I have never had a problem with food not being brought out. Near the end some items were gone but I am talking at the end.

We do stay afterwards. Get a drink and a few desserts and wait until all the crowds are gone. We have great conversations with the CM's working clean up.

It was ok but I don't think I would do it again. I was a solo traveler, each time I got up someone would take my seat! When I would say something I was pretty much told I was a B*$#t. Sorry but I paid for that table and chair for the whole party (and YES it had my name on it. haha)!!! The CM didn't seem to care. It was a complete waste of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter