Need opinions on the manicures and pedicures at the spa on the Magic?

Anngel26

Living the Dream, Loving the Mouse
My DH has suprised me by booking me a manicure and pedicure on the Magic on our May 9th cruise. I thought that was so sweet of him. And we have been hearing mixed reviews on the service and any comments if you have had either one of these services or both would be great. I just want to decide on weather or not this is worth it even though he is giving me such a treat.

Thank you in advance for your advice and or comments.

Anngela

Well, I suspect the weather will be great.

It has been my experience that these services can be obtained a lot cheaper while at home (I live in a medium sized city). Thus, I've chosen to have a "spa day" or 1/2 day at home before the cruise and save my cruise time and money for other things. Your husband sounds sweet. Maybe you'd like to explain to him that if you did this a few days before cruising you'd have beautiful hands and fee for the entire cruise (not just part of it) and you'd save him some money also.

If you're used to spa pedicures, they don't have the nice spa pedicure chairs on the Magic. I wouldn't get a manicure or pedicure.

The massages are excellent.

Another treat that's fun is to schedule to get your hair done for formal night. They did a great up-do for me.

I agree with DVCMary. I had both manicure and pedicure done and really don't feel it was worth it. I really liked the massage.

I also had a facial done but since it was my first I can't really tell you how it would compare to a "local" salon but I did enjoy it. :)

Did the spa pedicure on our 2007 cruise. BIG WASTE OF MONEY. It was way overpriced and the lady doing the pedi wasn't very nice she seemed in a big hurry. She had the water burning hot, and I told her it was to hot, but she didn't do much about it. I just felt for the price it wasn't worth it. I have been on 2 disney cruises since then and I avoid the spa at all costs. I've since had pedi's locally where I live for about $35.00 cheaper and they are way better.

Did a manicure on our Dec 2005 cruise and it wasn't anything special. Last cruise I decided to save the money and get one at home before leaving for the cruise. Much better! I did bring along extra polish to do my own touch up as the week progressed.

Save the money for something you can't get readily at home.

Wow, I've had mani/pedi's everytime we've cruised with DCL. I have no complaints. I've never had a bad experience. I'm cruising in April again, and I already have my reservation for Nassau day.

Wow, I've had mani/pedi's everytime we've cruised with DCL. I have no complaints. I've never had a bad experience. I'm cruising in April again, and I already have my reservation for Nassau day.

I didn't have a bad experience, but to me it wasn't special enough to warrant the extra cost versus getting it off the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter