Need opinions on a few things lol

Mel921

Earning My Ears
We are doing the free dining on our trip in September, but we have more ressies at table service restaurants than we do free dining credits.

9/11 Whispering Canyon dinner
9/12 Sci Fi for lunch
Rose and Crown for dinner
9/13 Captain's Grill dinner
9/14 Chef Mickey's breakfast
LTT dinner

1. I am thinking it would be best to pay out of pocket for Sci Fi since we are basically just doing burgers and fries and milkshake. Does that make the most sense?

2. Also, if you eliminated one of those ressies, which would it be and why?

3. Dh and I have one day not at the parks. Are there any resorts that you can recommend that are cool to visit and have somewhere to use our counter service credits??

Thanks in advance :D

1. Sounds reasonable. I know I ate at Sci Fi during a HS trip when I was 14, so it's not that expensive.

2. I'd get rid of Sci-Fi personally. The atmosphere is fun, but the food is so so.

3. I'm not too sure about the restaurants at resorts, but the food at Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club looks good.

1. Yes, paying out of pocket for Sci Fi would be the most economical choice. I would definitely do that.

2. We haven't eaten at all of those on your list, but I would be sure to keep Whispering Canyon and Chef Mickey's. These are two of our personal favorites. The environment at these two restaurants are really great - very Disney - in my opinion.

3. I think that a day out of the parks is a great time to spend time at the pool, go to Winter Summerland or Fantasia Gardens for putt-putt golf, or go to Downtown Disney. I believe some of the resorts like Wilderness Lodge have tours, but I am not sure that is what you are looking for either, since you will already be there if you eat at Whispering Canyon for dinner.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip.

I would recommend checking out Animal Kingdom Lodge- it is a beautiful resort and you can walk around to all the different areas to see the animals- we do this all the time, usually in conjunction with dinner at Boma or Jiko. They do have a "fast food" type restaurant there also, down by the pool.

You could go to Downtown Disney on your "off" day and check out Earl of Sandwich for a CS credit.

I'd also boot the Sci Fi ressie, because 1) the reviews aren't so good, and B) having a sitdown lunch in one park and dinner in another eats up a lot of time when you figure in travel between the two. It wouldn't leave much time for, you know, the theme parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter