Need opinions and encouragement on using kids club program while DH and I go out

My2QTs

DIS Veteran
I know that several of the deluxe resorts have this program, but I want to know which one is the most fun for kids. I also need words of encouragement to release me from the guilt I feel about considering an evening out without my kids on our FAMILY vacation!!! Then, of course, I need ideas on where to eat. We're on free dining, but I would consider going OOP on someplace not on the DDP, if its super duper worth it! Maybe I should cross post this on the rest. thread, but since it involved resort offerings, I posted it here.

My 9yo daughter attended the kids club at the Polynesian in Jan. and absolutely loved it. She had so much fun making crafts, and playing games that she wanted to go back the next night, but we couldn't fit it in. The space is really cute too! I think it was something like $11 dollars per hour, but it including a kids meal. They do a great job making the kids feel special. Your kid will love it, probably more than going to dinner with you. Don't feel guilty go Enjoy your evening out, and know your kid will be having a ball!

OMG, I saw the Kids Club at AKL Jambo house. Talk about a kids paradise. Similar offerings as at Poly but the place is just gorgeous with all kinds of fun stuff to do. I believe that the kids there were having far more fun than they would at a meal in the evening with their parents.

Now, as for restaurants, what do you like? I have eaten at Citricos, Bistro de Paris, Jiko, Hollywood Brown Derby, Tokyo Dining and a couple others. Of all of them I love the atmosphere at Bistro the best, however the food at Jiko was to die for. Tokyo Dining is great if you like Japanese food, which I do, but some do not like that - though they do have a great selection of tempura and teryaki. If we knew what you liked we could offer suggestions.

I had the same guilt issues when we went 10 years ago and we were on our honeymoon! (took the little guy because we wanted it to be a celebration of our new family) :lovestruc :cloud9:

My son was six and we took him to the Neverland Club at the Poly. It was soooo cute that *I* wanted to stay there! (of course this was 10 years ago, so it could be different now)

The entrance was decorated like Wendy's bedroom and the check-in CM sprinkled "pixie-dust" on him with a wand and he had to climb through "Wendy's window" into the club. The area he climbed into was a rest area that looked like the sky with big cloud pillow/beds and twinkly starlight.

There was a Skull Island arcade (free) a kid-sized buffet that was shaped like the crocodile from Peter Pan, a little movie theater that played disney movies and more. (I asked to walk around and check it out before we left him.)

They gave us a pager and we went to dinner at The Brown Derby (which was wonderful and very quiet and romantic :lovestruc) and then a stroll on the beach at our resort. :love: We picked him up at around midnight I think and he didn't want to leave! He asked to go back there *everyday* for the rest of our trip!

He is 17 years old now and he *still* talks about that night as his favorite part of the whole week. *LOL* "It was so cool mom, *free* video games and movies and all you can eat food all night!" *LOL* (of course it wasn't free to us-at the time I think it was five or ten bucks an hour?)

So I would say, go for it and have fun and don't feel bad, because if it's the same as it was then, your kiddos will have a blast! :)

My son was four when he went to the Neverland Club. His two cousins were also along, so he stopped crying right away after he climbed through the window. They had a blast and weren't all that happy with us when we showed up to pick them all up to go back to the hotel room.

DD enjoyed the Cub's Den at the WL so much she asked to go back for a second night. Our next trip will be at the Poly and I've heard great things about the Neverland Club. So I'm definitely planning a night for her to go there.

Don't feel guilty about having a night out without the kids. They'll enjoy a night in the Kid's Club a whole lot more than a sit down meal with mom and dad.

As for restaurants, it really depends on what kind of food you want. There have been some excellent ones mentioned already. Maybe you'd consider a signature restaurant: Narcoossee's, Artist Point, California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Flying Fish.

Well, I've never had guilt, so can't really help you there.

But we use the kids' clubs at least once on every trip. My kids would go there EVERY night if I let them / could afford it. They love the kids' clubs. In fact, in a few more years, my DS will be too old for them, and I don't know what we're going to do at that point!

PS - Neverland Club at the Poly is the best one, I think. Just as a PP described, with flying in through the window. We've also used the clubs at AKL, WL, and BC, but the Poly is my kids' favorite. And it's convenient to any of the monorail resort restaurants.

I might pick Artists Point at WL for the meal. We also ate at the Wave at the CR recently and it was very good.

Are these kids clubs available at any moderate resorts...like POFQ?

No deluxes only and not ALL deluxes. There are no clubs at the CR, or Boardwalk. The one at the BC is shared with the Yacht Club. I believe there IS one at the GF, but I never hear much about that - but I think they have one.

Your only problem will be getting the little ones "out" of the club without a hissy! My daughter had a meltdown in Neverland (the Poly).

The grandkids have been to three: Sandcastle Club at Beach Club, Neverland at the Poly (twice) and the Cub's Den? at Wilderness Lodge. By far, their favorite is the Neverland Club. They actually bed to go to a club each time we go. Sometimes I let them go the night before we are scheduled to leave for just a couple of hours or so while I pack. And we have been to dinner and feel completely comfortable with leaving them at the Clubs.

Avoid the club at the GF. It is tiny, I was shocked at how small it was.

My DD loves the kids clubs and it's a huge treat for her.

I can't see how you would feel guilty. They are going to love it. I'ts a kids paradise.

Well, I've never had guilt, so can't really help you there.

But we use the kids' clubs at least once on every trip. My kids would go there EVERY night if I let them / could afford it. They love the kids' clubs. In fact, in a few more years, my DS will be too old for them, and I don't know what we're going to do at that point!

PS - Neverland Club at the Poly is the best one, I think. Just as a PP described, with flying in through the window. We've also used the clubs at AKL, WL, and BC, but the Poly is my kids' favorite. And it's convenient to any of the monorail resort restaurants.

I might pick Artists Point at WL for the meal. We also ate at the Wave at the CR recently and it was very good.

ITA with Vicki. Neverland was the kids' favorite club - also, so convenient. And same w/ the suggestions on Artists Point and The Wave!! :thumbsup2 Have a wonderful trip - and a special night out!!

MY dd6 has been to the Neverland Club twice and loved it both times. She asks to go back every trip and she has a hard time enjoying most typical "child care". The CM's really give the one-on-one attention when a child needs it and they all have a lot of fun in there! Video Games with no quarters needed! Arts & Crafts! So much fun!
Don't feel guilty, go and have a good time!

We took our kids to the Sandcastle Kids Club in 2008 and they absolutely loved it! It is very convenient being in the Beach Club, that gives you plenty of choices of restaurants (Epcot and the Boardwalk area) to eat at if you don't want to go too far away!

I felt totally comfortable leaving them and this is coming from a stay-at-home mom who very rarely leaves her kids anywhere! They gave us a pager and we left one of our cell phones with our older son.

:goodvibes

Ultra guilt ridden mother here- So I know what you mean...we left DS#1 when he was like 9 and 10 at AKL while we ate dinner at Boma- for just over an hour each time- he was fine...it was just as expensive to have him there or have him eat at the buffet (more or less), and he got a meal at the club and played for that hour...Last year we left DS, now 12 and DS 5 at the Beach Club Sandcastle Club. I have stayed home with the 5 year old since he was 1- so he is a momma's boy- but I was still stressed leaving him even though he was with his older brother!! They played video games together for a little while then 5 yr old colored, etc. He says it was awful :scared1:(but that's because he wanted mom;)).

We were gone for 3 hours. We enjoyed walking around world showcase, and just got counter service...had planned to go to Japan to sit down at Teppan Edo (sp??) but decided to walk around instead. SO yes, I was guilt ridden for about 1 hour, but DH told me to enjoy the quiet:thumbsup2. It was day 10 of a 12 day trip...so I guess what I am saying is the guilt might still be there but we had a FAMILY trip for 10 solid days, so 3 hours apart wasn't horrible...As far as the club itself...it was OK- but nothing as grand at the Neverland Club sounds like...it depends on where you want to eat, and pick a place close to it...

My boys love the kids clubs. They went the first time at age 5 and again at age 6. There is no need to feel guilty for wanting to let your guard down and relax for a while. It energizes you for more vacation! We have tried the Sandcastle Club and the Neverland Club and liked them both.

DSCF6735.jpg

Is there a max age limit for someone to go to Neverland Club? My husband wants to eat at the Biergarten one night and after reading these reviews and seeing the pictures I'm thinking about checking myself in for 2 hours the evening he picks to go there for dinner. I'll be sure to tell him not to feel guilty about leaving me and I won't feel guilty one bit for not wanting to eat there.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This cracked me up. I'm with you on Biergarten, that would not be my first choice either.

Hey maybe there should be a Mom's Neverland Club!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter