Need Opinion/Info on Orbitz booking

Dis703

DIS Veteran
We are currently booked with a CM discount for our May trip. My MIL has just picked her dates to come down during part of our trip so we need to also book a room for her for 3 nights. We may be able to get the CM discount but no guarantees. Our friend who booked our original trip is having some health issues so she just isn't in a position to look this up for us right now.

In the meantime, I don't want the resort to book up or discounted rooms to run out so I think it's probably best we book something for now. Which brings me to Orbitz. I can save $73 over the current spring discount for 3 nights at a mod resort. But I'm really not at all familiar with using Orbitz.

The downsides I see are that I have to pay the booking in full up front, but it does have a free cancellation up to 5 days ahead like a Disney room only booking. I'm also concerned what if we book our FP+ and then cancel this reservation to book the CM discount. Any chance we could lose our FP in the process?

I am assuming of course that I can still link it to MDE easily and make those FP reservations as normal? Is there a time lag to get it to show up?

Any other negatives of booking through Orbitz that I should be aware of?

Thanks so much! As much as I feel like I know a ton about Disney there is always something new to learn it seems.

I booked a recent room through Orbitz and I got a Disney-specific reservation number immediately in the email. I was able to immediately register it with MDE.

I can't tell you what will happen with your FP+, but I think they are linked to your ticket media more so than your room. I couldn't make FP+ reservations until I had ticket media registered with MDE.

Thanks. I did a little extra reading last night trying to find more info. Sounds like most of the time it goes through right away. A few people mentioned not receiving the right number to add it to their MDE for some reason and having to make some phone calls. Seems like a bit of a fluke maybe.

I'm mostly concerned about being able to link our reservations and then the FP+. I know they are technically linked to the tickets, but I'm not sure what happens if I book them at 60 days then have to cancel that resort to rebook through Disney. Because at least for a moment it may look like I'm no longer an onsite guest and not allowed to have FP+ that early. Hoping it won't be an issue but our trip is getting close enough I'm getting worried about waiting any longer to book her room.

Thanks again for your reply.

We have booked through Orbitz four times and had to cancel once. No problems whatsoever. Your confirmation will have two numbers on it. An Orbtiz number and your Disney reservation number. Just make sure you link with the right number. Our tickets were from Undercover Tourist and linked those separately. Couldn't choose FP's until we linked tickets. Made a couple of room requests when we did the online check in. It's a nice savings.

Thank you, OP for asking this. I've also been wondering.

If I may ask (to anyone else using Orbitz), can you add the disney dining plan if you reserve via orbitz?

If I may ask (to anyone else using Orbitz), can you add the disney dining plan if you reserve via orbitz?

From the reading I did over the weekend, no you cannot get the dining plan when booking through Orbitz. You'd need to book directly through Disney or an authorized travel agent to get the DP.

From the reading I did over the weekend, no you cannot get the dining plan when booking through Orbitz. You'd need to book directly through Disney or an authorized travel agent to get the DP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter