Need New Luggage for 10-day land/sea, recommendations?

JC Butterfly

DIS Veteran
I am a classic over-packer. I am tired of dragging around multiple pieces of luggage to carry: shoes, dresses, casualwear, accessories, makeup, toiletries,etc. And it gets so darn heavy!

Do you have a recommendation of a brand/model that really works for you?

I am planning a 10 day land/sea trip and don't want to have to do laundry. I use packing cubes and folders already, I think they help a lot.

How do you pack your dress clothes?

"Spinners" are great - 4-wheeled variety - American Tourister (I think) - very easy to roll around, much more so than just the standard retractible handle versions - worth the extra cost in my opinion.

You really have to careful with what you buy and how big .Yes it's nice to have just 1 bag but 50lb. comes on real fast.

The spinners are nice and lightweight most new Samsonights are also good.

Samsonite outlets are a great place to look. But as tmt martins said, if you are flying, 50 pounds comes quick! :thumbsup2
Allen

When you decide what luggage to buy, check ebags.com. They usually have great deals. First go into dealcatcher.com or one of the other "catch alls" for online coupons -- get your code and then go into ebags. I brought my mom a small overnight suitcase -- $80 retail for $20! And it is great quality!

I bought one new bag last fall for our winter trips. I ordered it from ebags.com It was an Atlantic Expand-Aire 25". I love it. It is light weight and holds a lot. I too use the packing folders and cubes. This bag has a built in (but also could be removed if not needed), dress clothes holder. It didn't snap into place but just folded out, has the straps and the padded strap to secure items without wrinkles. It worked beautiful! My dresses didn't wrinkle, they didn't shift. I plan on ordering another but in the 28" size. The ebag web site has great pictures that described the bag. It was also reasonable priced and held up well on all trips. Kathy

I have been looking at ebags. Guess I'm "lucky" that I usually pack bulky but not heavy items. Ususally well under 40 lbs with three bags of luggage getting checked (which is why I thought one sounded heavenly!).

I did wonder about the spinners they look nice and ebags has a few "lightweight" bags with spinners too. Might have to consider that.

I had always thought American Tourister was an unreliable brand but it's opening my eyes to find two recommendations on this thread!

We just bought TravelPro -- designed by an airline pilot and tested by flight crews. It should hold up well, they say, and it seems to be put together very nicely. E-bags was expensive, so we bought through altman.com

Hope you get something you really like!

Santa brought me some luggage from LL Bean. It's pricey ($250 for a 7-day suitcase) but it's SOOOOOO worth it. So much so that we are buying three more of the exact suitcase so that everyone will have their own (of course we'll split the clothes up just incase one gets lost). They are beautiful and tough. I HIGHLY recommend!

mrsltg said:
Santa brought me some luggage from LL Bean. It's pricey ($250 for a 7-day suitcase) but it's SOOOOOO worth it. So much so that we are buying three more of the exact suitcase so that everyone will have their own (of course we'll split the clothes up just incase one gets lost). They are beautiful and tough. I HIGHLY recommend!

Which style and size did you get. Looks like LL Bean has some nice stuff.

Cindi0511 said:
We just bought TravelPro -- designed by an airline pilot and tested by flight crews. It should hold up well, they say, and it seems to be put together very nicely. E-bags was expensive, so we bought through altman.com

Hope you get something you really like!

When I try this website,it pulls up something for digital communications. Is altman.com the correct spelling?

We got ours from Sams club. I think $80 each. It's a duffel type that has a separate zipper hard bottom that we put pants in and a nice spot for shoes on top by the handle. It rolls real easy and flattens out real nice to fit under beds. Very sturdy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter